ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1781 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:21 am

jstudabaka wrote:
CoolKids wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:This was a pretty disappointing night by and large. I really wanted Trae Young -- I think our missing him by a few spots may wind up being somewhat of a reprise of Curry/2009 (though probably not that bad obviously). And yeah, had we taken Porter, at least you could dream about the upside. Kevin Knox reeks of a Jordan Hill-ish-type pick where the organization just really didn't have an idea, so it went with a perceived safe option. Meh, the sad reality is that there is not a single good basketball player on the New York Knicks. That includes KP. He is a good player for one month a year, that's it. That's all he's ever accomplished. I'm not saying this to be pessimistic, though -- I'm actually getting at the silver lining: 1.) We'll be back in this next year LOL; 2.) The bar is so low for Knox that if he's anything resembling a legitimate NBA talent, he'll soon be a fan favorite.

Early favorite for worst post of the year?

Dude, take it easy. He's had a few good SL games for God's sake. I've liked what I've seen so far and am obviously rooting for him, but geez, this isn't even the preseason we're talking about :lol:

After nearly 3 decades of Knicks fandom and all this organization has put me through, I will never apologize for being emotional and knee-jerk on draft night.

Trae young has looked worse so your point is ehhh.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1782 » by jstudabaka » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:31 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:
CoolKids wrote:Early favorite for worst post of the year?

Dude, take it easy. He's had a few good SL games for God's sake. I've liked what I've seen so far and am obviously rooting for him, but geez, this isn't even the preseason we're talking about :lol:

After nearly 3 decades of Knicks fandom and all this organization has put me through, I will never apologize for being emotional and knee-jerk on draft night.

Not when you consider that a major aspect of my point is that it's absurd to extrapolate too much from a few SL games.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#1783 » by CoolKids » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:02 pm

jstudabaka wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:

Not when you consider that a major aspect of my point is that it's absurd to extrapolate too much from a few SL games.

It was a combo of bad takes on Knox young and KP a triple whammy s*it post
RealGM
And1: 39,030

Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1784 » by 2010 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander speaks on 2K...

“It’s the same Kevin I saw day in and day out, but with the NBA spacing and better players around him,” Gilgeous-Alexander told The Post at Thomas & Mack Center. “It’s only making him better. I expected this from Kevin. I knew he was a really big talent and things like this were going to happen to him.

“Kevin has the ultimate potential. You see it at summer league. He can play multiple positions. I think his game fits today’s NBA.”

“I would say the biggest thing is getting stronger for Kevin,” Gilgeous-Alexander said. “He’s so skilled. Obviously a guy being that young, you’re going to need to get stronger. That’s for a lot of rookies in the NBA. Once Kevin gets stronger, you’ll see a different mindset.”

Certainly in Vegas, Knox has shown a killer instinct as the No. 1 option through four summer-league games, still mounting 15 points on a bad day vs. Boston. Off the court, though, Knox can be less aggressive, according to Gilgeous-Alexander.

“He’s a quiet teammate but once he gets out of his shell, he’s a funny guy,” Gilgeous-Alexander said. “He seems quiet at first, but once he gets out of that shell and gets comfortable with you, he’s one of the funniest guys around.”

The Clippers point guard, who turned 20 on Thursday, was close with Knox at Kentucky and they’ve socialized since coming to Vegas.

“He wanted to go to a program that wanted him as much as he wanted them,” Gilgeous-Alexander said. “That was the Knicks.”

https://nypost.com/2018/07/13/former-college-teammate-sees-one-way-kevin-knox-can-improve/

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM
And1: 39,030

Post#1785 » by 2010 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:06 pm

Semi Ojeleye speaks on 2K...

Celtics forward Semi Ojeleye is starting to make his name as an emerging young defensive stopper. He played a lot on LeBron James during the playoffs.

This was a bit less of a task, but the 23-year-old muffled 6-foot-9 Knicks lottery pick Kevin Knox, stalling his summer-league scoring rampage.

After racking up 29 points versus the Lakers, Knox was held to just 15 points Thursday in a loss to the Celtics, shooting 5-of-20 overall and 2-of-7 from 3-point range and committing five turnovers, including a charge against Ojeleye.

Clearly, the hype train following Knox has drawn the attention of guys like Ojeleye.

“He’s a great player,’’ Ojeleye said. “You always want to play against those guys. I knew if we were going to win, we had to make it tough on him. And he missed a couple of shots.’’

“I just wanted be physical, make everything tough on him,’’ said Ojeleye, who racked up 21 points of his own. “You make him work, but he hit some tough shots. The more he had to work it wore on him a bit.”

https://nypost.com/2018/07/13/emerging-young-defensive-stopper-slows-down-kevin-knox/

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,701

Post#1786 » by Capn'O » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:06 pm

2010 wrote:Shai Gilgeous-Alexander speaks on 2K...

“It’s the same Kevin I saw day in and day out, but with the NBA spacing and better players around him,” Gilgeous-Alexander told The Post at Thomas & Mack Center. “It’s only making him better. I expected this from Kevin. I knew he was a really big talent and things like this were going to happen to him.

“Kevin has the ultimate potential. You see it at summer league. He can play multiple positions. I think his game fits today’s NBA.”

“I would say the biggest thing is getting stronger for Kevin,” Gilgeous-Alexander said. “He’s so skilled. Obviously a guy being that young, you’re going to need to get stronger. That’s for a lot of rookies in the NBA. Once Kevin gets stronger, you’ll see a different mindset.”

Certainly in Vegas, Knox has shown a killer instinct as the No. 1 option through four summer-league games, still mounting 15 points on a bad day vs. Boston. Off the court, though, Knox can be less aggressive, according to Gilgeous-Alexander.

“He’s a quiet teammate but once he gets out of his shell, he’s a funny guy,” Gilgeous-Alexander said. “He seems quiet at first, but once he gets out of that shell and gets comfortable with you, he’s one of the funniest guys around.”

The Clippers point guard, who turned 20 on Thursday, was close with Knox at Kentucky and they’ve socialized since coming to Vegas.

“He wanted to go to a program that wanted him as much as he wanted them,” Gilgeous-Alexander said. “That was the Knicks.”

https://nypost.com/2018/07/13/former-college-teammate-sees-one-way-kevin-knox-can-improve/

Nice words from the 2019 ROY and 2042 COY.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,380

Post#1787 » by Context » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:15 pm

boomann21 wrote:
KOA wrote:I honestly don't get it either.
He's a good off-the ball player but Mikal is lightyears better.
Yes, he's young and has 4 years to catch up but he his work ethic is questionable so why does his age matter at all?

If we're lucky he'll be half as good as Mikal by the time he is 22. His eFG% is dreadful for a bigman largely due to all those mid-range shots he takes which are the least effective shot in basketball...

If you want to go for someone young and athletic with potential you take Michael Porter Jr and do not look back. How often do you get to take a potential #1 overall pick with the 9th pick in the draft?

Is Mikal dog years better now or do you still see him being light years better?

Im sorry - I cant help but :rofl2:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Context
RealGM

Post#1788 » by Context » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:24 pm

Jose7 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
boomann21 wrote:

Talent-wise, nah. Still not near the talent of Porzingis.

Doesn't mean he's bad, though. He's proving me wrong. Good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#1789 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 pm

2010 wrote:Shai Gilgeous-Alexander speaks on 2K...

Shai was my guy. Wouldn’t have gone wrong with him either.

But Knox has definitely shown some impressive things in SL not previously seen before. Happy to have him.
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Post#1790 » by jstudabaka » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:57 am

CoolKids wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

It was a combo of bad takes on Knox young and KP a triple whammy s*it post

Well, I will be thrilled to accept worst post of the year if both KP and Knox lead a renaissance of this team. We shall see.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,661

Post#1791 » by Fat » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:20 am

Mikal fan boys still cant admit knox was the right pick, i could just imagine the meltdown on this board tryna watch mikal create on offense like knox was doing.

Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 59,930

Post#1792 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:58 am

FatboyRealPetty wrote:Mikal fan boys still cant admit knox was the right pick, i could just imagine the meltdown on this board tryna watch mikal create on offense like knox was doing.

Have you seen Mikal pack a lunch box? He's elite. The way he folds the wax paper around the tuna sandwich before setting it inside the box next to the foil wrapped boiled egg and bundle of carrot sticks is awe inspiring. Still can't believe we passed on that.
ImageImageImage
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1793 » by taj2133 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:37 pm

30andoverclub
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#1794 » by 30andoverclub » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:43 am

Knox is still at summer league, even though most of the team has already gone home. Why?

I just love to watch basketball. I watch it on TV all the time: high school, college, NBA. It don't matter, and you grow up with a lot of these dudes and you're playing with them in high school and you just want to support them through this whole process.

I just like to watch different type of talent...You learn from other people, other coaches, what they're saying on the court. I just want to come out here and learn as much as possible just watching.

I'm making sure I just stay level-headed, stay humble, and just trying to stay in the gym.

If I'm excited here (summer league), I"m definitely going to be excited for the Garden.

Make sure you're staying committed, you stay watching film, stay close to the coaches, just make sure you're having fun.

This guy!
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,793

Post#1795 » by SelbyCobra » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:04 am

30andoverclub wrote:

Knox is still at summer league, even though most of the team has already gone home. Why?

I just love to watch basketball. I watch it on TV all the time: high school, college, NBA. It don't matter, and you grow up with a lot of these dudes and you're playing with them in high school and you just want to support them through this whole process.

I just like to watch different type of talent...You learn from other people, other coaches, what they're saying on the court. I just want to come out here and learn as much as possible just watching.

I'm making sure I just stay level-headed, stay humble, and just trying to stay in the gym.

If I'm excited here (summer league), I"m definitely going to be excited for the Garden.

Make sure you're staying committed, you stay watching film, stay close to the coaches, just make sure you're having fun.

This guy!

You forgot one:

Plus the hoes are CRAZY out here and I just signed an NBA contract - did you know I'm making $3.1 million next year alone? The booster parties at Kentucky were off the hook, but the way they bump out here is next level; I've never seen anything like it in my life. [laughs] I can't believe you think I'd just bounce when I have all my boys here and 3 months until I have to show up for training camp [showers reporter with dollar bills]

Seriously though - how can anyone be surprised that an 18 year old athlete suddenly making millions of dollars in the public eye would want to hang around a place nicknamed Sin City when his games were done? :lol:
Context
RealGM

Post#1796 » by Context » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:23 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
30andoverclub wrote:

This guy!

You forgot one:

Plus the hoes are CRAZY out here and I just signed an NBA contract - did you know I'm making $3.1 million next year alone? The booster parties at Kentucky were off the hook, but the way they bump out here is next level; I've never seen anything like it in my life. [laughs] I can't believe you think I'd just bounce when I have all my boys here and 3 months until I have to show up for training camp [showers reporter with dollar bills]

Seriously though - how can anyone be surprised that an 18 year old athlete suddenly making millions of dollars in the public eye would want to hang around a place nicknamed Sin City when his games were done? :lol:

well hopefully if thats the case- he understands where its "place" in his life should be :lol:

good one cobra...
Spoiler:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,537

Post#1797 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Read on Twitter

love this young man.

i mean... anyone going to tell him he should be focused on losing as much as possible?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,231

Post#1798 » by F N 11 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Read on Twitter

love this young man.

i mean... anyone going to tell him he should be focused on losing as much as possible?

Mentality has been solid since day 1. I keep telling people all his post on IG are for his own inspiration he always puts a self motivation quote. Dude cant be 18 the way he carries himself.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,537

Post#1799 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:27 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Read on Twitter

love this young man.

Mentality has been solid since day 1. I keep telling people all his post on IG are for his own inspiration he always puts a self motivation quote. Dude cant be 18 the way he carries himself.

clearly learned pro ways from pops. seems to have a serious support system at home. can make a difference.

obviously, he also has IT. perfect storm with this one, it looks.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
BimboColes
Senior
And1: 359

Post#1800 » by BimboColes » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Kevin Knox Roxx! So happy we were able to get a young athletic player on our team like him.

Return to New York Knicks