ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,549

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3981 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:09 pm

whocares1 wrote:
Jose7 wrote:mets need to blow the whole bitch up. fire sale this ****..

keepers: degrom, noah, conforto, nimmo..

and Jose must go. My favorite Met of all time but after that first few weeks it was evident he's beyond washed.

I would trade both DeGrom and Noah. DeGrom is 30 and clearly wants to win and the Mets are not closing to winning anything.

I happen to agree but that won't happen until the offseason and we get a new GM with his vision. You don't trust Ricco and those buffoons to make arguably the most important trade decision in the history of the franchise? do you?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,634

Post#3982 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:27 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

and Jose must go. My favorite Met of all time but after that first few weeks it was evident he's beyond washed.

I would trade both DeGrom and Noah. DeGrom is 30 and clearly wants to win and the Mets are not closing to winning anything.

I happen to agree but that won't happen until the offseason and we get a new GM with his vision. You don't trust Ricco and those buffoons to make arguably the most important trade decision in the history of the franchise? do you?

Jeff Wilpon is too much of douche to hire someone who he'll defer to in baseball matters.
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,077

Post#3983 » by blueNorange » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:43 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:“My hands used to be a little bit closer to my body,” McNeil said. “I kind of got them away from my body and back to try to generate a little bit more bat speed which I’ve done, causing a little bit more power.”

McNeil is finally healthy after missing much of the last two seasons. McNeil played in just three games in 2016 and 48 in 2017 — including 18 in Las Vegas — battling injury after injury.

First there was a double sports hernia that required surgery in 2016. He was also diagnosed with a torn hip labrum but was planning on coming back from the first surgery and addressing that after the postseason. It didn’t work out that way.

He took a swing six weeks into his rehab and felt a shooting pain down his leg. A second surgery ended his season.

And in 2017, he missed most of the early season with a torn quad suffered in part, he thinks, because he was weak from the surgeries.

After almost two lost seasons, McNeil is out to prove what kind of player he is.

“I’m feeling good. I’m feeling healthy and strong so hopefully it’s all behind me,” McNeil said.

And the Mets give us Matt den Dekker and Ty Kelly. :roll:

you're talking about an organization that's keeping a terrible player on the roster, jose reyes, just so they can sell tickets in his sendoff game.

the mets made me hate jose reyes, this should never have happened. my memories of reyes should be good, not this broken down version of himself.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3984 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:46 pm

blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:“My hands used to be a little bit closer to my body,” McNeil said. “I kind of got them away from my body and back to try to generate a little bit more bat speed which I’ve done, causing a little bit more power.”

McNeil is finally healthy after missing much of the last two seasons. McNeil played in just three games in 2016 and 48 in 2017 — including 18 in Las Vegas — battling injury after injury.

First there was a double sports hernia that required surgery in 2016. He was also diagnosed with a torn hip labrum but was planning on coming back from the first surgery and addressing that after the postseason. It didn’t work out that way.

He took a swing six weeks into his rehab and felt a shooting pain down his leg. A second surgery ended his season.

And in 2017, he missed most of the early season with a torn quad suffered in part, he thinks, because he was weak from the surgeries.

After almost two lost seasons, McNeil is out to prove what kind of player he is.

“I’m feeling good. I’m feeling healthy and strong so hopefully it’s all behind me,” McNeil said.

And the Mets give us Matt den Dekker and Ty Kelly. :roll:

you're talking about an organization that's keeping a terrible player on the roster, jose reyes, just so they can sell tickets in his sendoff game.

the mets made me hate jose reyes, this should never have happened. my memories of reyes should be good, not this broken down version of himself.

And now they've made you hate den Dekker and Ty Kelly too? Man, you've had a bad week. :lol:
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3985 » by blueNorange » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:58 am

you're a dang fool if you want matz traded.

yes he's injury prone, and because of that the return will never be equal to the value of a healthy matz provides.

he's a very good #3.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#3986 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:43 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
blueNorange wrote:lol at wanting tj rivera and his noodle arm at 2b when the mets have jeff mcneil who's ops'ing over 1.000 and has drawn interest from other teams.

tj rivera? lmaoooooooooo

.346 ba, 24 doubles, and 18 homeruns

those are mcneil's numbers.

When you call up Ty Kelly over McNeil, that tells you everything you need to know about what the Mets think about him. It's obvious they value guys who have experience in the Majors over the young guys. They would rather play Reyes and Kelly over McNeil, so why cry for him?

It's not wanting, it's about calling it like it is with this inept franchise.

Exactly. WTF is wrong with numbskulls? Kelly over McNeil sent me over the edge. That's why I'm telling y'all that more evidence that GM Jeff Wilponzi is calling all the shots.

So about Rivera...

T.J. Rivera (elbow) has moved his minor league rehab to Triple-A Las Vegas.
Rivera went just 4-of-19 (.211) during a five-game stint at High-A St. Lucie. Fortunately, his surgically-repaired elbow seems to be just fine. Assuming everything goes as planned, Rivera could be ready to join the Mets right after the All-Star break. It's taken him about 10 months to recover from Tommy John surgery.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3987 » by blueNorange » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:07 am

kelenic with his 3rd hr.

i think it was keith law that said if he played in cali or florida he would’ve went #1!
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3988 » by blueNorange » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:15 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
When you call up Ty Kelly over McNeil, that tells you everything you need to know about what the Mets think about him. It's obvious they value guys who have experience in the Majors over the young guys. They would rather play Reyes and Kelly over McNeil, so why cry for him?

It's not wanting, it's about calling it like it is with this inept franchise.

Exactly. WTF is wrong with numbskulls? Kelly over McNeil sent me over the edge. That's why I'm telling y'all that more evidence that GM Jeff Wilponzi is calling all the shots.

So about Rivera...

T.J. Rivera (elbow) has moved his minor league rehab to Triple-A Las Vegas.
Rivera went just 4-of-19 (.211) during a five-game stint at High-A St. Lucie. Fortunately, his surgically-repaired elbow seems to be just fine. Assuming everything goes as planned, Rivera could be ready to join the Mets right after the All-Star break. It's taken him about 10 months to recover from Tommy John surgery.

mcneil playing 3b ...
LOL Y U MAD THO?
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#3989 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 am

whocares1 wrote:

Finally a Met fan wih some sense.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3990 » by blueNorange » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:20 am

GEOLINK wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

Finally a Met fan wih some sense.

a met fan with sense would know degrom has very little mileage on his arm.

degrom's price tag is too much for the yankees.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#3991 » by Jose7 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:30 am

Like I said, lock up DeGrom and Noah..

the rest of the squad can eat d*cks.

I still have hella love forLugo and Gsellman though.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3992 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:27 am

Jose7 wrote:Like I said, lock up DeGrom and Noah..

So you have the Mets as buyers too?
Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3993 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:19 pm

blueNorange wrote:mcneil playing 3b ...

Which is fine, but the logical thing would be to trade Cabrera and call up McNeil to play second no? Instead it's going to be Rivera and we won't see McNeil because of Frazier/Flores/Reyes or whatever they spew at us. I actually don't mind Rivera at all, but there's absolutely zero reason why McNeil isn't on this team yet. So you always gotta look for the ineptitude angle which is usually the course they take.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3994 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:24 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jose7 wrote:Like I said, lock up DeGrom and Noah..

So you have the Mets as buyers too?

At the press conference...

You know we're only 13 games out of the wildcard, we feel that we can go on a run and start taking series.

Reporter: Your only ONE game better than the last place team Marlins who you know, they had a fire sale and traded away just about every attractive players on their sans a few guys. Lost their ace in a horrific boating accident and get absolutely zero fan support as they can't even draw over 10,000 fans a game.

In a panic he'll announce we're bringing up Tebow and the media will lose their mind and they'll take the chance to run.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#3995 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:54 pm

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2018/07/mauricio-dominating-gcl-to-begin-professional-career.html/

Mauricio Dominating GCL to Begin Professional Career
July 13, 2018 John Sheridan Mets News

When a player receives a then team record $2.1 million signing bonus, you have a real inkling the organization is high on the player. It may not seem possible, but in the first 20 games of his career, Ronny Mauricio is already exceeding lofty expectations.

At the same time the sixth overall pick in the draft, Jarred Kelenic was setting the world on fire forcing a promotion to Kingsport, the 17-year-old shortstop signed out of the Dominican Republic was doing the same exact thing. During the 12 games both Kelenic and Mauricio were teammates, both players had two doubles, two triples, and a home run. In fact, Mauricio would have more runs, hits, and RBI than Kelenic while having fewer strikeouts.

Overall, Mauricio has played in 20 games, and the switch-hitter has collected a hit in all of the games he has played. In those 20 games, he is hitting .354/.351/.549 with six doubles, two triples, two homers, and 19 RBI. He is doing this in his first experience playing in the United States while being 2.8 years younger than league average.

While Mauricio may not yet be the household name for Mets fans like Kelenic or Peter Alonso, there were some who saw this breakout. In fact, Baseball America ranked Mauricio as the third best prospect from last year’s International Free Agent class, and they also ranked him as the 11th best shortstop prospect in baseball before he even played a game.

Furthermore, heading into the season, Bad Badler of Baseball America named Mauricio as a potential breakout candidate who could find his way into the Top 100 this season. At MMN/MMO, we also had him as No. 11 prospect in the Mets system before taking a pro swing.

From the start of his professional career, you can see why everyone was bullish on Mauricio. Since that time, Mauricio has grown two inches, and he has added more strength. We have seen that translate to increased power at the plate. At the moment, it has not hindered his ability to play shortstop and to play it well.

Overall, we are seeing Mauricio flash all the tools which led the Mets to giving him a then team record signing bonus. We are also seeing the player many believed was one of the best shortstop prospects not just in last year’s International Free Agent class, but also all of minor league baseball.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#3996 » by reub » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:

Which is fine, but the logical thing would be to trade Cabrera and call up McNeil to play second no? Instead it's going to be Rivera and we won't see McNeil because of Frazier/Flores/Reyes or whatever they spew at us. I actually don't mind Rivera at all, but there's absolutely zero reason why McNeil isn't on this team yet. So you always gotta look for the ineptitude angle which is usually the course they take.

I believe that we have another hotshot second baseman in our future, currently in A ball. Andres Gimenez, I believe. Keeping this in mind, moving McNeil makes long term sense. https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-2018-top-30-prospects-list-led-by-gimenez/c-266724882
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3997 » by reub » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:35 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:http://metsmerizedonline.com/2018/07/mauricio-dominating-gcl-to-begin-professional-career.html/

Mauricio Dominating GCL to Begin Professional Career
July 13, 2018 John Sheridan Mets News

When a player receives a then team record $2.1 million signing bonus, you have a real inkling the organization is high on the player. It may not seem possible, but in the first 20 games of his career, Ronny Mauricio is already exceeding lofty expectations.

At the same time the sixth overall pick in the draft, Jarred Kelenic was setting the world on fire forcing a promotion to Kingsport, the 17-year-old shortstop signed out of the Dominican Republic was doing the same exact thing. During the 12 games both Kelenic and Mauricio were teammates, both players had two doubles, two triples, and a home run. In fact, Mauricio would have more runs, hits, and RBI than Kelenic while having fewer strikeouts.

Overall, Mauricio has played in 20 games, and the switch-hitter has collected a hit in all of the games he has played. In those 20 games, he is hitting .354/.351/.549 with six doubles, two triples, two homers, and 19 RBI. He is doing this in his first experience playing in the United States while being 2.8 years younger than league average.

While Mauricio may not yet be the household name for Mets fans like Kelenic or Peter Alonso, there were some who saw this breakout. In fact, Baseball America ranked Mauricio as the third best prospect from last year’s International Free Agent class, and they also ranked him as the 11th best shortstop prospect in baseball before he even played a game.

Furthermore, heading into the season, Bad Badler of Baseball America named Mauricio as a potential breakout candidate who could find his way into the Top 100 this season. At MMN/MMO, we also had him as No. 11 prospect in the Mets system before taking a pro swing.

From the start of his professional career, you can see why everyone was bullish on Mauricio. Since that time, Mauricio has grown two inches, and he has added more strength. We have seen that translate to increased power at the plate. At the moment, it has not hindered his ability to play shortstop and to play it well.

Overall, we are seeing Mauricio flash all the tools which led the Mets to giving him a then team record signing bonus. We are also seeing the player many believed was one of the best shortstop prospects not just in last year’s International Free Agent class, but also all of minor league baseball.

It looks like we may have had a helluva draft last month.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3998 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:21 pm

reub wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

I believe that we have another hotshot second baseman in our future, currently in A ball. Andres Gimenez, I believe. Keeping this in mind, moving McNeil makes long term sense. https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-2018-top-30-prospects-list-led-by-gimenez/c-266724882

By the time he's ready for the big leagues, McNeil will probably be 30. I'd hardly give pause to promoting McNeil because of a kid in A ball.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3999 » by blueNorange » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:29 pm

rosario's last 24 games he has a .286 ba, .514 slugging, and a .881 ops.

baby steps.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#4000 » by reub » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:15 pm

blueNorange wrote:rosario's last 24 games he has a .286 ba, .514 slugging, and a .881 ops.

baby steps.

You're okay when you're nice.

Return to New York Knicks