ImageImageImageImageImage

Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD) 

Post#1 » by Paradise » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:24 am

I would keep this in the Sean Marks thread considering this has been such a touchy topic but...he’s officially said it.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

”The patience, I can only give credit to ownership that’s stood by and hopefully there’s something down the road, so between Mikhail [Prokhorov] and Joe [Tsai] they’ve been terrific with how they’ve shown their patience and belief in us,” said Marks.

“And also, the coaching staff. They want to win right now, and I don’t blame them. That’s part of what I love about our group here, they’re competitive as any. But again, I got to rein them back in and say, ‘trust us, if we’re trying to build this long-term, it’s going to take some time.’”

“I think what we’ve done is we’ve strategically looked at various different ways to build and we’ve been able to pivot over the course of these last couple years, and that’s the same case of what we’ll do over this next year. Obviously the cap space and future draft picks and so forth that we’ve been able to acquire will help in a variety of different ways. Whether that’s in the free agent market, I have no idea. But it just gives us more tools in the toolbox.”

“I think first and foremost you look at players who fit in Brooklyn, fit with your culture, fit with your system, fit with what you’re trying to do. And part of that means the longevity of the team and the build and so forth,” said Marks, reiterating the importance of culture and continuity as it ties into 2019.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,865

Re: Sean Marks: “We have a year to prepare for summer of 2019” 

Post#2 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:30 am

:D
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#3 » by jbeachboy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:48 am

petro and outlol brought so many laughs watching them play, its hard to call them a failure!
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#4 » by jbeachboy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:50 am

honestly, i can see us striking out and failing and ending up with 4 role players. avery johnson was behind the petro, outlaw, farmar, and morrow signings and i recall that most nets fans were happy or thrilled when we got most of those 4 guys at the time.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#5 » by DarkXaero » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:02 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Image

:D
Those pictures should be erased from everywhere. Like every single last copy.

Thankfully, Marks isn't Billy King. If he's going to overpay, at least it'll be for decent young talent rather than flat out scrubs. And with these latest quotes, I think its pretty clear that Marks has his eyes on the big FAs for summer of 2019. I know you were a big skeptic but seems like our GM has the same thing in mind.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:20 am

I'm just **** ing around lol

and I know Marks wants to bring some heavy hitters in here that will fit with this group. that's not the issue.

I just don't think those guys will want to come here.

but I would sign up for Jimmy Butler and Kevin Love tbh. I don't think Irving leaves Boston. he'll get the supermax and Boston will probably be in the NBA finals. i don't see that situation changing unless the Celtics do something stupid. So that means D'Angelo Russell will remain. best case scenario, Russell takes a solid step forward this season and earns his extension. Nets convince Butler and Kevin Love to sign here. your 2019-20 starting five is Russell/Butler/RHJ/Love/Allen. I would not be mad at that at all.

But in reality, we'll probably strike out on all of the big names and be left with the decision to either overpay for 3rd tier talent or absorb bad salary for assets and keep building organically. If D'Angelo Russell, RHJ, LeVert, Allen all take strides forward the Nets can afford to take on some bad salary for assets and kick the can down the road.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:00 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I'm just **** ing around lol

and I know Marks wants to bring some heavy hitters in here that will fit with this group. that's not the issue.

but I would sign up for Jimmy Butler and Kevin Love tbh. I don't think Irving leaves Boston. he'll get the supermax and Boston will probably be in the NBA finals. i don't see that situation changing unless the Celtics do something stupid. So that means D'Angelo Russell will remain. best case scenario, Russell takes a solid step forward this season and earns his extension. Nets convince Butler and Kevin Love to sign here. your 2019-20 starting five is Russell/Butler/RHJ/Love/Allen. I would not be mad at that at all.

But in reality, we'll probably strike out on all of the big names and be left with the decision to either overpay for 3rd tier talent or absorb bad salary for assets and keep building organically. If D'Angelo Russell, RHJ, LeVert, Allen all take strides forward the Nets can afford to take on some bad salary for assets and kick the can down the road.

I'm not saying Kyrie will ever be a Net, but i think there is close to a 100% chance he isnt with Boston next year. he doesnt want to be there, and winning is less important to him then being the top dog and playing with guys he is close friends with. I think Teaming up with Butler is a big draw for him. I'd think Knicks or Clippers are highly in play. i like our chances alot better then Bostons.

the vibe here in boston, even from the homers and green teamers is that chances he is back are slim and none. calls for ainge to trade him over losing him for nothing
Sleepyazn
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#8 » by Sleepyazn » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:17 am

I willing to stake my claim on this site that the Nets will combine Durant and Kwahi on the Nets next season. Nets starting line up next year gonna be Dlo/Reddish/Durant/Kwahi/Allen
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#9 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Sleepyazn wrote:I willing to stake my claim on this site that the Nets will combine Durant and Kwahi on the Nets next season. Nets starting line up next year gonna be Dlo/Reddish/Durant/Kwahi/Allen

come on dude. you don't even believe this yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#10 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:

I'm not saying Kyrie will ever be a Net, but i think there is close to a 100% chance he isnt with Boston next year. he doesnt want to be there, and winning is less important to him then being the top dog and playing with guys he is close friends with. I think Teaming up with Butler is a big draw for him. I'd think Knicks or Clippers are highly in play. i like our chances alot better then Bostons.

the vibe here in boston, even from the homers and green teamers is that chances he is back are slim and none. calls for ainge to trade him over losing him for nothing

Irving and Butler will go to the Knicks. more mainstream appeal and bigger stage. Porzingas is already there as well. Fizdale is a popular coach in the league.

thats why I keep being a wet blanket on here. We've got to be honest. The Nets aren't a draw

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#11 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Kyrie isn't eligible for a supermax.

As for Butler & Love, they're both too injury prone. I could see pursuing one, but not both. Too much risk. I would like to see us trade for a less expensive 3rd star though. Landing a guy on an existing deal making $25ish mil rather than trying to sign 2 guys eligible for $35mil makes things much easier logistically. It also helps recruiting if you have a good player in house already.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,370

Post#12 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Irving and Butler will go to the Knicks. more mainstream appeal and bigger stage. Porzingas is already there as well. Fizdale is a popular coach in the league.

thats why I keep being a wet blanket on here. We've got to be honest. The Nets aren't a draw

Knix have some pretty big hoops to jump through to open anywhere close to 2 max...
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#13 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:36 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Knix have some pretty big hoops to jump through to open anywhere close to 2 max...

I'm pretty sure they can find a way to get Noah off of their books. We may be the ones to do it in fact since it will come with an asset attached to it.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#14 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:36 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:

Kyrie isn't eligible for a supermax.

As for Butler & Love, they're both too injury prone. I could see pursuing one, but not both. Too much risk. I would like to see us trade for a less expensive 3rd star though. Landing a guy on an existing deal making $25ish mil rather than trying to sign 2 guys eligible for $35mil makes things much easier logistically. It also helps recruiting if you have a good player in house already.

Yeah like the Knicks, who have KP.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#15 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:44 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I'm pretty sure they can find a way to get Noah off of their books. We may be the ones to do it in fact since it will come with an asset attached to it.

The knicks would need to move Noah, Hardway junior, and Lee without taking a single dollar back in salary. they would need to trade away multiple picks and maybe ntilkina to do it. id say that qualifies as jumping through hoops
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#16 » by shakendfries » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Oh we getting a free agent next summer - that major market doe...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#17 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 pm

shakendfries wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

thats bleeping impressive. Well done organization.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#18 » by Claud » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:11 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
shakendfries wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

thats bleeping impressive. Well done organization.

Well done Proky too. His investment on the Nets absolutely paid off. Great business.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#19 » by Claud » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Also, I think NI is mistaken...

I see Nets value as 6th highest, not fourth.

Knicks. Lakers, Warriors,Bulls, Celtics, Nets, Rockets, Clippers, Mavs, Heat are the top 10 in order.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#20 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:02 pm

I don't think free agents care about franchise overall $ value. Still, very impressive. Maybe we'll get someone to talk about us on the radio eventually.

Return to Brooklyn Nets