ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who's Hotter?

Cap
10%
Mags
10%
KoC
7%
DK
2%
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
36%
Thugger
7%
GONYK
7%
Remi
10%
Moocow
10%
NLR
2%

Total votes: 42

cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#461 » by cuyankees » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:38 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So they got the DEN 1st and a PHX 2nd for taking on a one year cap hit that ultimately amounts to 12 mil.

Let me guess the response:

“Who cares about a 2nd round pick?”

Goes to Robinson thread

Same person proclaiming he’s our future C

:lol:

This has been my biggest worry about S.Perry that i've been saying all along which is can this guy be active and creative enough to get into these trade conversations with teams or will he just sit on his hands because he doesn't have the will to get involved. I think he could of gotten into a few trades so far that we heard nothing about the Knicks being involved in. Both trades the Nets have pulled off and this Melo trade with Atl. I think Timmy is more or as valuable as D.Schroeder is and they had a bigger need at SG then they did at PG.

This circled back to the THJ signing. Essentially passed on draft picks and the cap space provided without him on the books in 2019.

I hope they learned their lesson but i wouldn’t hold my breath.

THJ is a 6th man on a contending team and looks like Schroeder will be as well, but THJ is def not 25% better than Schroeder.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#462 » by Oscirus » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Nets can afford to take on salary, they're in the talent collection phase and not trying to build a team. Knicks can't even if we had the space we couldn't. We're too far along in our rebuild to be giving up coveted space trying to be cute
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
New Knicks
Junior
And1: 190

Post#463 » by New Knicks » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:31 pm

What are we doing
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,732

Post#464 » by cgf » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:46 pm

New Knicks wrote:What are we doing

Developing young talent. It's a new experience for many knicks fans ;-)
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#465 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:30 pm

Heat apparently met with Melo earlier in the summer but they’re not interested in his services at the money he’s seeking (at least from them).
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,945

Post#466 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:32 am

man I hope these Kings give Boston a ****** pick
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#467 » by MadGrinch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:31 pm

The knicks should trade Kanter to the nets for demarre carroll.
for the nets they get a productive big in kanter on an ending deal to a position where they lack depth
for the knicks they can clear some of their center glut while adding to their forwards where their depth is shallow

both players are on ending deals.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
cgf
RealGM

Post#468 » by cgf » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:00 pm

MadGrinch wrote:The knicks should trade Kanter to the nets for demarre carroll.
for the nets they get a productive big in kanter on an ending deal to a position where they lack depth
for the knicks they can clear some of their center glut while adding to their forwards where their depth is shallow

Center glut? We have an injured for most of the season KP, a washed up & banished from the team Noah, Luke **** Kornet, and a kid who hasn't played a competitive game in 15 months. There is no center glut on the Knicks.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
MadGrinch
Veteran

Post#469 » by MadGrinch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:37 pm

cgf wrote:

Center glut? We have an injured for most of the season KP, a washed up & banished from the team Noah, Luke **** Kornet, and a kid who hasn't played a competitive game in 15 months. There is no center glut on the Knicks.

they gave luke kornet a real contract so they think he's a real player .

Joakim noah is back from exile , the exile was a factor that cost Hornacek his job...they just cut troy williams if they were planning on Joakim going elsewhere or not playing they would have kept him.

mitch robinson looks like an opening day starter at this point ....and played competition games in summer league...he played as well as any of the rookie bigs there(34.8 PER)

none of them can play the 4 in today's nba

now how many power forwards to they have ?

hicks on a 2 way?

as you mentioned KP is hurt and may not play

And natural small forwards hezongja(listed at 218 lbs), knox(listed at 212), lance thomas moving up to power forward.

everyone else is a guard.
cgf
RealGM

Post#470 » by cgf » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:07 pm

MadGrinch wrote:
cgf wrote:

Joakim noah is back from exile , the exile was a factor that cost Hornacek his job...they just cut troy williams if they were planning on Joakim going elsewhere or not playing they would have kept him.

mitch robinson looks like an opening day starter at this point ....and played competition games in summer league...he played as well as any of the rookie bigs there(34.8 PER)

hicks on a 2 way?

And natural small forwards hezongja(listed at 218 lbs), knox(listed at 212), lance thomas moving up to power forward.

I'll believe that Fiz is ready to risk letting Noah anywhere near our kids when I see it. Kornet got a contract because he's 7 feet tall, can shoot & required no real commitment if he doesn't progress this year. Kornet will battle Mitch for the minutes behind Kanter...and for their knicks futures...but this does not come close to qualifying as a glut.

PS SL isn't the same thing as competitive games. I enjoyed watching each one, but that **** doesn't count. Nevermind that even in SL Mitch often looked absolutely lost when faced with even just basic screens & PNRs; or how ugly his foul problems could get when he's not playing against SLers. So expecting Mitchell Robinson to start is insane.

If he does well in camp & preseason he could start the year as part of the knicks rotation, but the kid could easily need GL time to catch up on some of those basics of team-basketball that he lacks. Hopefully, he's a quick learner and is ready for 10-15 minutes in the NBA from day 1, but that's still not a starter :lol:

MadGrinch
Veteran

Post#471 » by MadGrinch » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:29 am

cgf wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:
cgf wrote:

hicks on a 2 way?

I'll believe that Fiz is ready to risk letting Noah anywhere near our kids when I see it. Kornet got a contract because he's 7 feet tall, can shoot & required no real commitment if he doesn't progress this year. Kornet will battle Mitch for the minutes behind Kanter...and for their knicks futures...but this does not come close to qualifying as a glut.

PS SL isn't the same thing as competitive games. I enjoyed watching each one, but that **** doesn't count. Nevermind that even in SL Mitch often looked absolutely lost when faced with even just basic screens & PNRs; or how ugly his foul problems could get when he's not playing against SLers. So expecting Mitchell Robinson to start is insane.

If he does well in camp & preseason he could start the year as part of the knicks rotation, but the kid could easily need GL time to catch up on some of those basics of team-basketball that he lacks. Hopefully, he's a quick learner and is ready for 10-15 minutes in the NBA from day 1, but that's still not a starter :lol:

Noah until proven otherwise is a respected nba veteran and team leader.

and nothing you posted refutes the knicks serious lack of depth at the power forward position

summer league is significantly more competitive than college if bamba and bagley III are expected to start there shouldn't be a problem with robinson as he has clearly outplayed them on both sides of the ball.

as it stands the knicks have 4 healthy centers and no healthy power forwards in their 15 man roster

to me that is glut and really fixable problem
cgf
RealGM

Post#472 » by cgf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:45 am

MadGrinch wrote:
cgf wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:

hicks on a 2 way?

Noah until proven otherwise is a respected nba veteran and team leader.

and nothing you posted refutes the knicks serious lack of depth at the power forward position

summer league is significantly more competitive than college if bamba and bagley III are expected to start there shouldn't be a problem with robinson as he has clearly outplayed them on both sides of the ball.

as it stands the knicks have 4 healthy centers and no healthy power forwards in their 15 man roster

to me that is glut and really fixable problem

Noah has proven otherwise.

That’s because I haven’t said a thing about our forwards.

And lol, SL is barely coached & organized yet we still saw how raw Robinson is get exposed with even the very rudimentary screens & PNRs in SL confusing the kid while fouled like there was no tomorrow. Mitch has a long ways to go not to head to the GL after camp & the preseason.

So we have 3 healthy centers, only one of whom we know can handle any significant NBA minutes.

digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#473 » by digitaldropoff » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Yea Dantoni's a real bad coach. I wonder what happened to him

I said the last three guys....and yes, Mike flourished elsewhere. It's fine, you know the dumpster fire list of coaches on the Knicks list the past decade and then some. I'm not saying anything new...no one really wants to work under James Dolan.

Your theory falls flat on it's face when it's a known fact that he got offered other jobs before us and held out to coach us... Other organizations thought he was a capable head coach unlike Hornacek and Fisher who weren't really in demand for any other jobs besides ours...

You and everyone with the internet knows whose coached the Knicks the past decade and change....those names speak for themselves. There's no theory, there' just been **** coaches through NY. And it appears the one quality one was not given perhaps all the tools he needed to make his system go. You literally just admitted the last two guys weren't even in demand for other jobs, but worked for the Knicks. If anyone has a theory, it appears to be you. :lol:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#474 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:54 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
I said the last three guys....and yes, Mike flourished elsewhere. It's fine, you know the dumpster fire list of coaches on the Knicks list the past decade and then some. I'm not saying anything new...no one really wants to work under James Dolan.

Your theory falls flat on it's face when it's a known fact that he got offered other jobs before us and held out to coach us... Other organizations thought he was a capable head coach unlike Hornacek and Fisher who weren't really in demand for any other jobs besides ours...

You and everyone with the internet knows whose coached the Knicks the past decade and change....those names speak for themselves. There's no theory, there' just been **** coaches through NY. And it appears the one quality one was not given perhaps all the tools he needed to make his system go. You literally just admitted the last two guys weren't even in demand for other jobs, but worked for the Knicks. If anyone has a theory, it appears to be you. :lol:

Prior to Mike D...we had some good coaches. We just kept changing direction....changing GMs....changing coaches. Always dealing with a new GM trying to get beyond what the last one did....with Dolan interfering every 2-3 years.

Now...that's all done with. Moving on.
:beer: RIP mags
cgf
RealGM

Post#475 » by cgf » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:37 am

If we can't dump Noah or Timmy without including Knox/Frank/2019 1st/Mitch, would it make sense to trade the two of them for Batum + expiring? Batum's contract is horribad, but we'd open ~11M in cap space next summer. Bringing us to a full max slot even with Lee still on the books...depending on where we picked. Paired with a Lee for JR trade we'd have the cap space to sign a max and have another 5-9M to spend.

And Batum could be a more useful bench player for us than THJr, especially if Fiz could light a fire under Batum's ass again.

spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#476 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:24 am

Noah will play, Robinson probably won't. We also have Vonleh now. Kanter will start next to Noah or Vonleh. Kornet backs up Kanter and Robinson will watch for 36 and play 12 minutes. He has all the potential, but some blocks and dunks in summer are no rotations, no playbook, no backdoor screens. He'll play in spring, anything else would surprise me.
koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#477 » by koogiking » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:41 am

What do people think about Trey Burke? I think he's a legit really really good starter in this league, I hope the knicks hang on to him
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#478 » by Bklyn&company » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:01 pm

koogiking wrote:What do people think about Trey Burke? I think he's a legit really really good starter in this league, I hope the knicks hang on to him

Offensively I think he is our most talented guard we have.
Imo...If given 32+ min per... he can drop 16+ppg 8+apg easily... defensively he tries and puts in good effort... but it all depends on Fizdale how much he will play. Honestly I want to see him start next to Frank at SG with THJ off the bench (Knox at SF)... but I highly doubt that happens. I expect the Knicks, like always try to win in the start of the season and I see Burke starting with THJ and Knox or Hez at SF.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#479 » by WargamesX » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:57 pm

In a lot of ways the knicks have a Spurs'esque type of backcourt with Murray/Mills being the equivalent of Burke/Ntilkina. The biggest difference honestly is age between the two backcourts and the knicks version of it is still relatively cheap in comparison to the Spurs version.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#480 » by koogiking » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:13 pm

I hope Fizz runs a true meritocracy

End of the season when Porzingis comes back we could have a lineup/core going forward of

Ntilikina
Trey Burke/THJ
Knox
Porzingis
Kanter/Mitchell Robinson

Tim Hardaway JR really does fit best as a sixth man.

Return to New York Knicks