ImageImageImageImageImage

Noah Vonleh signs with Knicks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Re: Noah Vonleh signs with Knicks 

Post#221 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Dot does nothing well. He's barely a body on the floor most nights. Baker is a solid defender who can run the offense. He's a consistent jump shot away from being a solid rotation piece. If he could drive and finish better with a consistent jumper...he's a starting level player.

Dotson brings very little to the table besides effort.

Now you just making sh*t up. Baker aint runnin any offense with his super weak ass handles and non existent jumpshot, gtfoh :lol:

Dot rebounds well for his position so wrong again on that front. And while he's a streaky shooter at least he makes his shots sometimes unlike Baker he rarely makes any shot. Man what games were some of yall watchin last season :banghead:

Dude...Dotson is not even close to Baker as far as having actual impact. You're the one making **** up. Baker can and HAS run the offense. He made Rose go awol. Dotson does nothing to help this team win. He's an invisible man 90% of the time.

Rebounds well? FOH!

Wtf...Baker had nothing to do with Rose goin M.I.A stop lyin man

I dont view Baker the same way you do but dont make stuff up just to prop him up, thats weak sauce bruh
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,746

Post#222 » by cgf » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
cgf wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
After SSeptember 1st...we stretch his final year for 3 years. Same asc waiting until next summer.

EDIT...not that I'm saying that's what I would stretch him for. Just the timing of it doesn't matter after September 1st.

I probably phrased that poorly.

Was more getting at how I think we should just wait it out until we know what the situation next summer will be...i.e. if we have to stretch Noah to sign Kyrie then we do it, but if we can get to 1 Max with Noah on the books & no 2nd guy is interested then I'd either just let Noah expire or deal his expiring for 2-year albatross + pick; something like Noah <---> Dieng + future 1st.

Hell if KD & Kyrie are interested in teaming up, stretching Noah would leave us with too little cap space to make it happen without KD & Kyrie forfeiting ~40M between them (if both signed 4 year deals) or KP having to play on his QO...even if THJr & Lee are dumped completely...wo we might need to dump Noah's cap hit fully.

Which is why I wouldn't commit to stretching Noah until we know what's happening with those FAs & how high we're picking...as picking 3rd instead of 9th would take away almost 4M in capspace, aka almost Knox or Frank's entire cap hit.

I don't want to stretch him unless absolutely necessary either.

This 2 max deals idea only flies if KD/Kyrie want to come. Not Kyrie and Butler. Kawhi ain't coming. Not sure there's anyone else I would consider it for. It's going to cost assets to clear that much cap room. I don't even want Kyrie but...whatever.

This discussion is a fairy tale to begin with.

True, lol, but what more is the to say about our kids other than that we're all excited to see Fiz develop them. And until we see just how bad we'll be until KP gets back, we can't really even get into who we could be adding to the young core. So we might as well play with the fairy tails during this NBA dead period.

For me, the costs really affect who I'd be interested in. If we move Lee at the deadline for an expiring & can send THJr away cheaply...maybe to Cleveland, with our 2020 1st (lotto protected), for JR; or to Sacramento for Shump...then I'd be on board with Kyrie & Jimmy even though I'd prefer Kyrie alone. If I had promises from both Kyrie & Durant, then I'd add Frank or Knox to that 2020 1st, if that was what it took to clear the necessary capspace...as KD, KP & Kyrie is a big 3 that can win a ring in year 1.

A big part of it is that I feel like even if we don't make any trades or signings before next season starts; a healthy KP, year 3 Frank, sophomore Knox & Mitch, 2019 lottery pick, Burke, THJr, Lee, and Hezonja/Kanter (if they signed 1-year deals), is pretty much a lock for the playoffs in the east. So I'd rather bolster those kids, if we can do so without cutting into the young core, to help them push into that 2nd tier of eastern conference playoff teams & not just get their asses handed to them by Toronto or Boston in round 1.

And the piece that I think would most help our kids take those next steps successfully (other than a top 5 player), is a dynamic PG who would compliment Frank in the backcourt & who frank could learn a lot from, like Kyrie...or even Kemba Walker; who I know many on this board don't think as highly of as I do. That's why I'd bring in Kyrie & Jimmy if it was the only way to get Kyrie & all it cost was the 2020 1st.

...and we couldn't get Kemba in on a deal that left us with the flexibility to make a Max offer to AD or Giannis in 2021...
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#223 » by taj2133 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:38 am

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#224 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:48 am

taj2133 wrote:

Those beers must be flat!! Over under how many he spilled? 6 pack of Stellas? :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#225 » by F N 11 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:49 am

Haven’t been reading but this must be the thread we using for random topics. No way people still talking about Vonleh.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#226 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:52 am

Free Palestine
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,332

Post#227 » by NoStatsGuy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:12 am

get rid of noah and baker, noone needs those guys right now
im bout dat action boss
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#228 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:14 am

I’m calling it now:
Trier and Allen make this team over Dot and Baker.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM

Post#229 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:17 am

Second biggest hands ever at the combine.
He’s nowhere near as cerebral but he kinda moves around the court like Wendell Carter.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#230 » by TimRobbins » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:25 am

The hopes is that one of these guys plays well enough to attach Noah/ThJr in a salary dump.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,186

Re: RE: Re: Noah Vonleh signs with Knicks 

Post#231 » by DOT » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:28 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:I’m calling it now:
Why would we cut someone for Trier when he's on a two way deal and we don't need a roster spot for him?

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM

Post#232 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:24 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Why would we cut someone for Trier when he's on a two way deal and we don't need a roster spot for him?

Because Baker’s shoulder may not be right to start the season and his roster spot may be more important to us than whatever it is he brings on the court considering our guard glut, equably if not more capable replacements waiting in the fold and the fact Ron has a no trade clause.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,186

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Noah Vonleh signs with Knicks 

Post#233 » by DOT » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:36 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

Because Baker’s shoulder may not be right to start the season and his roster spot may be more important to us than whatever it is he brings on the court considering our guard glut, equably if not more capable replacements waiting in the fold and the fact Ron has a no trade clause.
You're answering why we would cut Baker, and I agree, that is a valid point.

But I'm asking why we'd cut him or Dotson for Trier, when Trier doesn't need a roster spot cause he's already on a 2 way contract and we can just leave him on that

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#234 » by Nazrmohamed » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:46 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:

Now you just making sh*t up. Baker aint runnin any offense with his super weak ass handles and non existent jumpshot, gtfoh :lol:

Dot rebounds well for his position so wrong again on that front. And while he's a streaky shooter at least he makes his shots sometimes unlike Baker he rarely makes any shot. Man what games were some of yall watchin last season :banghead:

Dude...Dotson is not even close to Baker as far as having actual impact. You're the one making **** up. Baker can and HAS run the offense. He made Rose go awol. Dotson does nothing to help this team win. He's an invisible man 90% of the time.

Rebounds well? FOH!

I dont view Baker the same way you do but dont make stuff up just to prop him up, thats weak sauce bruh

You guys are spending ALOT of time arguing over two guys who should be the 13th and 14th man on any roster, if not playing in Europe. However I would definitely give Dotson the edge. At least you could pencil Dotson in at a position. And I get positionless basketball these days but ultimately you're talking about two hustle players, one of which can play SG and the other... who knows what Baker does.
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Post#235 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:49 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Rebounds well? FOH!

You guys are spending ALOT of time arguing over two guys who should be the 13th and 14th man on any roster, if not playing in Europe. However I would definitely give Dotson the edge. At least you could pencil Dotson in at a position. And I get positionless basketball these days but ultimately you're talking about two hustle players, one of which can play SG and the other... who knows what Baker does.

It's July Image :lol:
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#236 » by blanko » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:52 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:i was thinking that jabari parker could be an option for us in 2 years (if he balls out in chicago). he could potentially be a MAX target for us if he comes back to his form. i wouldn't be against it

Melo 2.0. Cant shoot 3s is a ball pounder and doesnt play defense...

Sent from my LGM-V300K using Tapatalk
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#237 » by dakomish23 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:43 pm

blanko wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i was thinking that jabari parker could be an option for us in 2 years (if he balls out in chicago). he could potentially be a MAX target for us if he comes back to his form. i wouldn't be against it

Melo 2.0. Cant shoot 3s is a ball pounder and doesnt play defense...

Sent from my LGM-V300K using Tapatalk

Melo can’t shoot 3’s now?

Jabari wishes he was Melo 2.0 from when Melo was that age. If he was, he would have gotten the max.

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#238 » by DrCoach » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:51 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:How is it Christian Wood is unsigned? I don’t think he works here with our development minutes at the big positions kinda all accounted for but he’s an NBA player for sure. He’s only what 20? 21?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#239 » by DrCoach » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:04 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Dot does nothing well. He's barely a body on the floor most nights. Baker is a solid defender who can run the offense. He's a consistent jump shot away from being a solid rotation piece. If he could drive and finish better with a consistent jumper...he's a starting level player.

Dotson brings very little to the table besides effort.

Rebounds well? FOH!

Dotson
PER 11.6. 44 games

Baker
PER 9.3 29 games

Dotson is younger and more athletic

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#240 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:05 pm

If Joakim Noah and Noah Vonleh got married , Noah’s name would be Noah Noah.

Return to New York Knicks