Great. Just what they need. 

Post#1 » by flow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:00 pm

Read on Twitter
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Re: Great. Just what they need. 

Post#2 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:07 pm

He’s been working on it all summer. It would be a good thing if he can add that but I am skeptical to say the least. Hopefully he knows there are severe limitations to how many of these he should attempt unless he proves himself
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,339

Post#3 » by flow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:14 pm

MotownMadness wrote:He’s been working on it all summer. It would be a good thing if he can add that but I am skeptical to say the least. Hopefully he knows there are severe limitations to how many of these he should attempt unless he proves himself

There are many things he should be working on all summer. That's not one of them.
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#4 » by DETermination » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:18 pm

Anyone who has followed Andre on social media knows hes been working all offseason on adding a jumpshot to his game. And Dwane Casey wants Andre to start shooting corner threes. Andre fixed is horrible looking free throw form last season and now his jumper looks improved too. I am a little skeptical also but if Andre can atleast become an ok shooter then it makes our offense so much better. So many times last season Blake would be trying to post up or attack the basket and Dre would kind of be in the way, If Andre could shoot corner threes it could give Blake more space to attack the basket when they play together. Will this work out? Who knows but imo I would rather see Andre shooting corner threes than those ugly post hooks.
Detroit vs Everybody
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#5 » by The_Irony » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:19 pm

flow wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:He’s been working on it all summer. It would be a good thing if he can add that but I am skeptical to say the least. Hopefully he knows there are severe limitations to how many of these he should attempt unless he proves himself

There are many things he should be working on all summer. That's not one of them.

what makes you think 3 pointers is the only thing he's done this summer?
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#6 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:26 pm

The_Irony wrote:
flow wrote:

He wants that to be the narrative. Another poster who just likes to bitch about something non stop.
ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#7 » by ByeByeDre » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:27 pm

He lost twenty pounds to get to 285. Of course he was listed at 279 last year.
flow
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by flow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:28 pm

DETermination wrote:Anyone who has followed Andre on social media knows hes been working all offseason on adding a jumpshot to his game. And Dwane Casey wants Andre to start taking corner threes. Andre fixed is horrible looking free throw form last season and now jumper looks improved too. I am a little skeptical also but if Andre can atleast become an ok shooter then it makes our offense so much better. So many times last season Blake would be trying to post up or attack the basket and Dre would kind of be in the way, If Andre could shoot corner threes it could give Blake more space to attack the basket when they play together. Will this work out? Who knows but imo I would rather see Andre shooting corner threes than those ugly post hooks.

At least the awful post 'throws' and shot-puts leave him in position for offensive rebounds.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#9 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:29 pm

ByeByeDre wrote:He lost twenty pounds to get to 285. Of course he was listed at 279 last year.

They haven’t stopped listing him at that 279 since coming in.
flow
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by flow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:40 pm

The_Irony wrote:
flow wrote:

Did I say that it was?
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,348

Post#11 » by hoophabit » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:53 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:He lost twenty pounds to get to 285. Of course he was listed at 279 last year.

They haven’t stopped listing him at that 279 since coming in.

NBA heights and weights are less than accurate. It's not like boxing in that you don't have to get on a scale just before the contest. Folks are saying he looks sleek and fit. I don't think he's planning on being the second coming of Steph.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Post#12 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:18 pm

Drummond was 279...at the draft combine...at 19 years old. Yeah, I’m going to wager that figure was out of date.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,303

Post#13 » by Moses ShamMoses » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:35 pm

Idk about shooting threes but I've always thought adding a even decent midrange jumper would do wonders to open up his drive game.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#14 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:56 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Drummond was 279...at the draft combine...at 19 years old. Yeah, I’m going to wager that figure was out of date.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Oh yeah, for sure at one point he was probably hitting 300. He’s probably at 285-290 at the moment.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#15 » by Kilo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 pm

Dunk for a sure two or shoot a 3-ball at probably a 25% clip...

He's wasting being 7 ft and 300lbs. It's like he wishes he was born 3-4 inches shorter and 70lbs less so he could be a wing.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Pugz
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#16 » by Pugz » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Kilo wrote:Dunk for a sure two or shoot a 3-ball at probably a 25% clip...

He's wasting being 7 ft and 300lbs. It's like he wishes he was born 3-4 inches shorter and 70lbs less so he could be a wing.

because banging downlow is the trend these days..
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#17 » by Kilo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 pm

Pugz wrote:

Somebody has gotta zag. He should be working on guarding out further, but bloody hell he should be a dominator down low given more teams going small ball.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Post#18 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:50 pm

Kilo wrote:
Pugz wrote:

Somebody has gotta zag. He should be working on guarding out further, but bloody hell he should be a dominator down low given more teams going small ball.

I doubt he’s looking to be a Stretch 5. He’s simply spacing the floor. It’s whats needed with Blake at the 4. Both of them need a semblance of a jump shot to let the other play to their strengths.
flow
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by flow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:12 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Kilo wrote:
Pugz wrote:because banging downlow is the trend these days..

I doubt he’s looking to be a Stretch 5. He’s simply spacing the floor. It’s whats needed with Blake at the 4. Both of them need a semblance of a jump shot to let the other play to their strengths.

He's not spacing the floor. Nobody's going out to guard him.
ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#20 » by ByeByeDre » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:30 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Kilo wrote:
Pugz wrote:because banging downlow is the trend these days..

Whose three will look more awkward - Dre or Manute Bol?

Return to Detroit Pistons