ImageImageImageImageImage

Noah Vonleh signs with Knicks

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,973

Re: Noah Vonleh signs with Knicks 

Post#261 » by Capn'O » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:19 pm

CDAZ wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
CDAZ wrote:Soon Baker will be a bigger legend than Chuck Norris

That's kind of how he started tbh. All downhill from there.

LMAO. I just want to read more about Noah

He seems like a good 10 min or so reserve to me. The Blazers tried to give him a more expanded role and he was really lost. Bulls fans seem to think he did a good job in spot minutes.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Post#262 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:27 pm

DrCoach wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
Dotson is bigger, younger, more athletic and more productive.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app

Than an injured Baker? Cool. Baker plays better when he's on the court. Period. He's just not scoring enough. He's 1 year younger. He's not more productive when you watch the games. Baker is always a net positive and the team plays well when he's on the floor. Dotson is usually invisible and got his Stats in GT mostly.

Being injured doesnt help your case.

Neither does Dotson help yours. Baker has more impact on games than Dotson ever did.
:beer: RIP mags
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#263 » by Polk377 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:34 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Than an injured Baker? Cool. Baker plays better when he's on the court. Period. He's just not scoring enough. He's 1 year younger. He's not more productive when you watch the games. Baker is always a net positive and the team plays well when he's on the floor. Dotson is usually invisible and got his Stats in GT mostly.

Neither does Dotson help yours. Baker has more impact on games than Dotson ever did.

Yup. Baker is just a smart player that puts himself in good positions to make the right plays. He is also a plus defender because of his IQ.
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
And1: 815

Post#264 » by Jonathan starks » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:30 pm

DrCoach wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:

Now you just making sh*t up. Baker aint runnin any offense with his super weak ass handles and non existent jumpshot, gtfoh :lol:

Dot rebounds well for his position so wrong again on that front. And while he's a streaky shooter at least he makes his shots sometimes unlike Baker he rarely makes any shot. Man what games were some of yall watchin last season :banghead:

Dude...Dotson is not even close to Baker as far as having actual impact. You're the one making **** up. Baker can and HAS run the offense. He made Rose go awol. Dotson does nothing to help this team win. He's an invisible man 90% of the time.

Rebounds well? FOH!

Dotson
PER 11.6. 44 games

Baker
PER 9.3 29 games

Dotson is younger and more athletic

Who cares about the per stat? Neither of them really played meaningful minuets last year. In Baker's first year he showed way more promise than Dotson. That’s not to say baker is impressive or anything, he’s a fringe NBA player, and so is Dotson. Dotson literally had one good game last year, and it was at the end of the year when no one was trying.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#265 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:33 pm

Jonathan starks wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Dude...Dotson is not even close to Baker as far as having actual impact. You're the one making **** up. Baker can and HAS run the offense. He made Rose go awol. Dotson does nothing to help this team win. He's an invisible man 90% of the time.

Rebounds well? FOH!

Dotson
PER 11.6. 44 games

Baker
PER 9.3 29 games

Who cares about the per stat? Neither of them really played meaningful minuets last year. In Baker's first year he showed way more promise than Dotson. That’s not to say baker is impressive or anything, he’s a fringe NBA player, and so is Dotson. Dotson literally had one good game last year, and it was at the end of the year when no one was trying.

This.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#266 » by cgmw » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:38 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
Dotson
PER 11.6. 44 games

Baker
PER 9.3 29 games

Who cares about the per stat? Neither of them really played meaningful minuets last year. In Baker's first year he showed way more promise than Dotson. That’s not to say baker is impressive or anything, he’s a fringe NBA player, WITH A NO TRADE CLAUSE and so is Dotson (WAIT SH*T NVMD). Dotson literally had one good game last year, and it was at the end of the year when no one was trying.

This.

Fixed
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,306

Post#267 » by DrCoach » Tue Aug 7, 2018 1:12 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Baker played 29 games, he isnt impacting ISH.

Hes a injured overaid player with a no trade clause, who is undersized , cant shoot and old for a 2nd yr player.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#268 » by F N 11 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 2:52 pm

August is boring af
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#269 » by Nazrmohamed » Tue Aug 7, 2018 3:01 pm

Jesus Christ, we're still talking about Dotson and Baker? I feel like cutting them both so we can end this debate.

Back to players drafted in the top 35, anybody heard we picked up this guy named Vonleh?
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#270 » by cgmw » Tue Aug 7, 2018 3:57 pm

Pessimistic theory on Vonleh --

He's insurance should Mills pull the trigger on a deadline deal of Kanter's expiring contract (presumably for longer term contract of some other veteran like Jimmy Butler or Dame Lillard who puts us in the Playoffs immediately).
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#271 » by Nazrmohamed » Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:19 pm

cgmw wrote:Pessimistic theory on Vonleh --

He's insurance should Mills pull the trigger on a deadline deal of Kanter's expiring contract (presumably for longer term contract of some other veteran like Jimmy Butler or Dame Lillard who puts us in the Playoffs immediately).

Possibly. The other thing to consider is KPs role coming back. I know as fans we always wanna believe that every move has a purpose long-term in a grand scheme but as of right now there's nobody on this team that you can plug in anywhere. Just about everybody is a developing player with just as good a shot as anyone else to rise or fall. I think the Knicks simply picked up a big to develop and watch. We all wanna assume that KP will come back top be a PF with Robinson his C and while I'm rooting for it there are others who wanna see KP come back as a C. Well if that's the case options arise. Do you play KP at C next to a true PF (at least by modern standards) like Vonley or do you go full stretch 4 like Knox (who's really a 3)? Or does Robinson continue to emerge as a solid C forcing you to keep KP at C?

At any rate it's far to early to tell. We all want what we want but it's gotta be based on performance, development and fit. So again, that's what this year is for but I think we got nothing but good problems so far.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#272 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:28 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:Jesus Christ, we're still talking about Dotson and Baker? I feel like cutting them both so we can end this debate.

Back to players drafted in the top 35, anybody heard we picked up this guy named Vonleh?

Yeah I'm perfectly fine with dumping both these guys. People love dwelling on scrubs here.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#273 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:31 pm

DrCoach wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

Hes a injured overaid player with a no trade clause, who is undersized , cant shoot and old for a 2nd yr player.

Baker has been here 2 years. You forget an entire seasom? Dotson will be lucky to make the team. He's indivisible 90% of the time....If not more.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,495

Post#274 » by cgf » Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:50 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Baker has been here 2 years. You forget an entire seasom? Dotson will be lucky to make the team. He's indivisible 90% of the time....If not more.

Dot's play last season gets massively over-rated by some on here, but that doesn't mean he can't become a quality contributor moving forward. The potential for a Courtney Lee-esque 3&D swingman is absolutely there.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,873

Post#275 » by GONYK » Tue Aug 7, 2018 5:04 pm

cgmw wrote:Pessimistic theory on Vonleh --

Why is that pessimistic?

The plan might be to possibly blow the money on Kyrie anyway. Getting Lillard wouldn't be much different.
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Post#276 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Wed Aug 8, 2018 12:21 pm

I see the head of the Ron Baker fanclub leaving no slight against his man crush go unanswered Image

Lol at this point I think Are We There Yet IS Ron Baker. I left this Dotson vs Baker debate alone a few weeks ago and he still in here arguing over him :lol: .....lol Ive heard of fanatics but gotdamn how can a person be so emotionally invested in the 15th man on the roster/G-Leaguer.....schit is funny and sad at the same damn time :lol:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#277 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Aug 8, 2018 12:27 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:I see the head of the Ron Baker fanclub leaving no slight against his man crush go unanswered Image

Lol at this point I think Are We There Yet IS Ron Baker. I left this Dotson vs Baker debate alone a few weeks ago and he still in here arguing over him :lol: .....lol Ive heard of fanatics but gotdamn how can a person be so emotionally invested in the 15th man on the roster/G-Leaguer.....schit is funny and sad at the same damn time :lol:

It's just facts. Dotson has been nothing. Baker has helped win games. Period. Maybe it's the Dotson nuthuggers and dimwitted comedians who are the problem.

IN NO SENSE OF REALITY HAS DOTSON BEEN BETTER THAN BAKER. FACT.

It's not even a big deal but...I have to respond to posts about it. Dotson has had 1 good game? Antother decent game? Nothing else. Baker has has far more impact in more games than Dotson. Period.
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Post#278 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Wed Aug 8, 2018 12:31 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:I see the head of the Ron Baker fanclub leaving no slight against his man crush go unanswered Image

It's just facts. Dotson has been nothing. Baker has helped win games. Period. Maybe it's the Dotson nuthuggers and dimwitted comedians who are the problem.

It's not even a big deal but...I have to respond to posts about it. Dotson has had 1 good game? Antother decent game? Nothing else. Baker has has far more impact in more games than Dotson. Period.

Nah man you full of it and have already proven you not above lying to stick up for ya man

Carry on with the slurping tho hopefully your thirst is quenched soon
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#279 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Aug 8, 2018 12:41 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Nah man you full of it and have already proven you not above lying to stick up for ya man

Carry on with the slurping tho hopefully your thirst is quenched soon

Where did I lie? Sorry. You got it rwisted homie. Baker has been far moe effective with his minutes than Dotson.. It's not even close. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Period.

Go slurp Dotson off.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#280 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Aug 8, 2018 12:48 pm

cgf wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

Dot's play last season gets massively over-rated by some on here, but that doesn't mean he can't become a quality contributor moving forward. The potential for a Courtney Lee-esque 3&D swingman is absolutely there.

I am not even questioning this. It just seems that any time you say anything positive about Baker...people come out in droves to shut it down. Baker has been a better player as a pro than Dotson. Period. Dotson plays GT. Baker has helped win games. His play made Rose go AWOL. Dotson has never done anything like that. 2 good games? Cool.

It's really no big deal. End of the bench players right now. People can't let it go. I know I'm right. It's not even an opinion. It's a fact.

Return to New York Knicks