ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,436

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#321 » by Capn'O » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:46 pm

That's one enormous teen.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#322 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:11 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
isiah_thomas wrote:
Read on Twitter
/video/1

Interested to see how it looks when the real games begin

Read on Twitter

Zion reallys growing on me.

Can he be a better version of draymond green??

I think so.

Frank-Knox-zion-kp-mrob i like it.

Doesn't have the passing or defensive IQ that Green has. You're not on the right path with that comparison. If you want someone to compare him to, think of a more athletic / aggressive Randle without the passing.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,835

Post#323 » by BowlRips » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:25 pm

Zions size and vertical make him an intriguing front court player to go with KP and Knox.
Way too early for this though
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,916

Post#324 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:25 pm

K-DOT wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
isiah_thomas wrote:
Read on Twitter
/video/1

Read on Twitter

I think so.

3 months from now you gonna say you never liked him

:lol:

My top 2 is still romeo and cam but zion and ej montgomery(going to uk) are my sleepers for 3.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,464

Post#325 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:39 pm

isiah_thomas wrote:
Read on Twitter
/video/1

Id love to say Ive heard good things about his jumper and this video is a great sign. But I havent heard great things and this video was just set shots where his feet barely leave the ground. The dude's jumper is a long long long long ways away.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#326 » by WargamesX » Wed Aug 1, 2018 1:13 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
isiah_thomas wrote:
Read on Twitter
/video/1

Read on Twitter

I think so.

Doesn't have the passing or defensive IQ that Green has. You're not on the right path with that comparison. If you want someone to compare him to, think of a more athletic / aggressive Randle without the passing.

Also not for nothing the Knicks could just sign Randle in 2019 and probably have enough money left over to keep Mario if he plays well.....

My Dream is that they pick up Cam. He has this PG feel to his game, while Knox has a Danny Granger feel to him as well. Imagine getting a set of wings like that in their prime :o
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#327 » by Bklyn&company » Wed Aug 1, 2018 1:25 pm

Im a fan of Naz Reid... I just think he will dominate D1 ball.... strong all around game for a big.
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#328 » by isiah_thomas » Thu Aug 2, 2018 1:11 am

Greg anthony son 2020 draft

Best prospect to come out NY in. A while

Seen him play live dude is going to be a stud. Going to be to good in 2020 to get him though :cry:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,660

Post#329 » by cgf » Thu Aug 2, 2018 3:48 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
isiah_thomas wrote:
Read on Twitter
/video/1

Read on Twitter

I think so.

Though I agree with this...can't you just see Atlanta being thirsty to get "their" version of Draymond after drafting "their" version of Steph this year :lol:
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cgf
RealGM

Post#330 » by cgf » Thu Aug 2, 2018 3:51 am

PorzinGAWD wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think so.

Also not for nothing the Knicks could just sign Randle in 2019 and probably have enough money left over to keep Mario if he plays well.....

My Dream is that they pick up Cam. He has this PG feel to his game, while Knox has a Danny Granger feel to him as well. Imagine getting a set of wings like that in their prime :o

I'd prefer Little or Sekou, but I've warmed up to Reddish if we can't get one of those two.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,078

Post#331 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Aug 2, 2018 11:12 am

isiah_thomas wrote:

Seen him play live dude is going to be a stud. Going to be to good in 2020 to get him though :cry:

Hopefully he didn't get dad's "can't make a layup" gene
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#332 » by WargamesX » Thu Aug 2, 2018 12:19 pm

cgf wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

I'd prefer Little or Sekou, but I've warmed up to Reddish if we can't get one of those two.

I think the way the draft is going to go most teams are going to say the reverse in that they prefer Reddish but have warmed up to Little or Sekou.

Regardless I hope the knicks get a pick to make that decision. Its been over 30 years since they moved up in the draft. They deserve a little luck.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,202

Post#333 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Aug 2, 2018 12:45 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:
cgf wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:

I think the way the draft is going to go most teams are going to say the reverse in that they prefer Reddish but have warmed up to Little or Sekou.

Regardless I hope the knicks get a pick to make that decision. Its been over 30 years since they moved up in the draft. They deserve a little luck.

Mitchell at 36 isn't a little luck?
:beer: RIP mags
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#334 » by WargamesX » Thu Aug 2, 2018 1:49 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:
cgf wrote:

That was due to bad scouting from the rest of the league. That success was based more on the Knicks FO hard work and preparation. Props to them, but I want lotto luck!

You add a Cam Reddish or RJ to our young core and we got something special.
cgf
RealGM

Post#335 » by cgf » Thu Aug 2, 2018 3:06 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:
cgf wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:

I hope so, but I'm pretty sure that if the draft was today Little would go top 3...top 2 if Anthony doesn't reclassify...and I'd take him over Barrett; who's too mechanical for me. Teams are going to see Kawhi 2.0 in Nassir with that amazing perimeter D, exceptional length & athleticism, smooth jumper, and the way he comes up big in big games.

Doumbouya might not get the PT in France to build huge hype, but he doesn't have any big question marks about his game like Reddish does. Sekou's basically a more powerfully built Knox with more advanced playmaking.

Whereas Reddish has those motor questions to answer...plus with Barrett & Zion going to Duke to, he could have a really hard time asserting himself. That's why I'm thinking Cam is the most like of this trio to slip out of the top 5 for us, if our kids over-achieve & we don't get any lotto-luck.

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#336 » by HEZI » Thu Aug 2, 2018 3:08 pm

isiah_thomas wrote:

So intrigued with this kid. I really can't wait to see how he looks on the college level but so far he's showing a lot of flashes of being the next big NBA superstar.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,202

Post#337 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Aug 2, 2018 3:14 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:

That was due to bad scouting from the rest of the league. That success was based more on the Knicks FO hard work and preparation. Props to them, but I want lotto luck!

You add a Cam Reddish or RJ to our young core and we got something special.

Not sure how bad we really are. A lot depends on when KP comes back. How much does Frank improve? Do Knox and/or Mitch have any immediate impact? What does Hezonja bring? Burke? Timmy? Mudiay? Kanter? Etc etc. What can Fiz and friends do?

Atlanta will most likely have the worst record. After that I don't know. What teams are in the tank brigade? Brooklyn? Orlando? We could be top 5 bad. Then we have to nail the pick.

I can't wait to see what we have this year. Who knows what's going to happen. I'm going to enjoy watching kids develop. The more we have that stick...the better we should be. The tank is not on my mind at all. We should lose just on having so many projects naturally. Inexperience. New coach and all that brings. The better the coach and his staff...the better the team. I will except the W/L record and the draft position. It will be a product of coaching and talent developing. That's all I can ask for after 18 years of misery.
:beer: RIP mags
cgf
RealGM

Post#338 » by cgf » Thu Aug 2, 2018 3:17 pm

HEZI wrote:
isiah_thomas wrote:

So intrigued with this kid. I really can't wait to see how he looks on the college level but so far he's showing a lot of flashes of being the next big NBA superstar.

Is he even gunna play in college? He's the top recruit in the country & isn't even looking at schools now. I've got a feel we'll see him reclassify for the 2019 draft to take advantage of the weak PG class.

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#339 » by HEZI » Thu Aug 2, 2018 3:46 pm

cgf wrote:
HEZI wrote:
isiah_thomas wrote:

Is he even gunna play in college? He's the top recruit in the country & isn't even looking at schools now. I've got a feel we'll see him reclassify for the 2019 draft to take advantage of the weak PG class.

No idea but it would be great for us if he did do that
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#340 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Aug 2, 2018 3:51 pm

cgf wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:
cgf wrote:

I hope so, but I'm pretty sure that if the draft was today Little would go top 3...top 2 if Anthony doesn't reclassify...and I'd take him over Barrett; who's too mechanical for me. Teams are going to see Kawhi 2.0 in Nassir with that amazing perimeter D, exceptional length & athleticism, smooth jumper, and the way he comes up big in big games.

Doumbouya might not get the PT in France to build huge hype, but he doesn't have any big question marks about his game like Reddish does. Sekou's basically a more powerfully built Knox with more advanced playmaking.

Whereas Reddish has those motor questions to answer...plus with Barrett & Zion going to Duke to, he could have a really hard time asserting himself. That's why I'm thinking Cam is the most like of this trio to slip out of the top 5 for us, if our kids over-achieve & we don't get any lotto-luck.

23 minutes per game overseas last year. As for the comp, nope. He absolutely has question marks about his game. Trust me, I've seen them and watched every Synergy clip on him there was.

Return to New York Knicks