ImageImageImageImageImage

NFL Thread #2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,211

NFL Thread #2 

Post#1 » by Kampuchea » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:00 pm

Let's get it TAJ

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,030

Re: NFL Thread 2 - TAJ Bombs! 

Post#2 » by Capn'O » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:03 pm

:rofl:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#3 » by EchelonNYK » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:14 pm

Read on Twitter

First of many.
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#4 » by Kampuchea » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:24 pm

EchelonNYK
RealGM

Post#5 » by EchelonNYK » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:25 pm

Jesus.
EchelonNYK
RealGM

Post#6 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Aug 1, 2018 12:20 am

Read on Twitter
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#7 » by taj2133 » Wed Aug 1, 2018 12:41 am

taj2133
General Manager

Post#8 » by taj2133 » Wed Aug 1, 2018 2:16 am

taj2133
General Manager

Post#9 » by taj2133 » Wed Aug 1, 2018 3:27 am

Jalen Ramsey looks forward to Week One showdown with OBJ
Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey reported for duty on Tuesday, following the birth of his daughter. And he’s already thinking about proving football paternity when it comes to Giants receiver Odell Beckham, Jr.

“Let’s get this out the way right now,” Ramsey said, via ESPN.com, “he’s a good receiver. We all know that. But y’all know me at the same time. Yeah, he’s good. But I’m good, too. If y’all want to say he’s the best at his position, I’m the best at my position, so we’re going to go at it. We’re going to give the people a show the first game of the season.”

Ramsey knows a thing or two about getting under an opponent’s skin. Last year, he flustered the unflappable A.J. Green to the point where both were ejected. And OBJ has a much, much shorter fuse than Green.

“He’s going to have some wins, I’m going to have some wins,” Ramsey said. “I just plan on having more wins. That’s the plan I’m going to go in there with. I’m going to work my ass off to get to that point. . . . I’m sure he’s doing that on the other side, too. That’s what y’all ask for. As fans of the game, as NFL, everybody, that’s what y’all asked for. We’re going to give it to you for sure. I know I am.”

Indeed, Jaguars at Giants should be one of the best games of Week One, especially since it brings former Giants coach Tom Coughlin back to New Jersey for the first time since he was fired. Throw in the possibility of an intense Ramsey-Beckham feud, and it’s a game that has all the making of a contest that should have been showcased, not tucked into the smattering of 1:00 p.m. ET kickoffs.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/
taj2133
General Manager

Post#10 » by taj2133 » Wed Aug 1, 2018 2:18 pm

Per ESPN Bills reporter Mike Rodak, first-rounder Josh Allen "has made some of the best throws of camp but also some of the worst."

Just four days ago, fellow Bills beat writer Joe Buscaglia mentioned Allen being the best passer in camp for Buffalo. It's important to remember how quickly opinions can change when camp has only been open for about a week. Rodak thinks A.J. McCarron has been the steadiest quarterback through the first week and pegs McCarron as the favorite to open the season as the starter
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?ls=roto:nfl:gnav&rw=1
taj2133
General Manager

Post#11 » by taj2133 » Thu Aug 2, 2018 2:13 pm

Odell Beckham - WR - Giants
ESPN's Jordan Ranaan reports the Giants opened contract negotiations with Odell Beckham this week.

It is not a surprise after owner John Mara said the two sides would begin talking "pretty soon." It is clear the Giants wanted to see how Beckham handled the offseason before committing to a long-term deal, but they are ready after he reported to training camp on time. Beckham should top the $17 million per year Antonio Brown earned on his last deal.
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?ls=roto:nfl:gnav
taj2133
General Manager

Post#12 » by taj2133 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 3:08 pm

Terrelle Pryor will “handle it accordingly” if practices with Washington get chippy
Posted by Josh Alper on August 3, 2018, 9:04 AM EDT

AP
Jets wide receiver Terrelle Pryor spent last season playing for Washington and it doesn’t seem he made the best impression on linebacker Zach Brown.

The Jets will be in town for joint practices ahead of their August 16 preseason game and Brown said in June that he and his teammates “are gonna have it out for him” in those sessions because Washington coach Jay Gruden can’t “protect you anymore.” Pryor said that he’s not heading into the practices with the intent to get chippy, but that he and the Jets will be ready if things go that way.

“If they take dirty shots, I’m sure we’ll handle it accordingly,” Pryor said, via Newsday. “It is what it is. We’re there to practice, get better. If I wanted to put my shoulder down and hit one of them and be chippy, too, I’m sure I could do that. But that’s not why we’re there … When you start trying to make it an individual thing, it takes away from our team and you know us, as Jets, we’re trying to go on this upward [trajectory] as a whole.”

Scuffles during joint practices are a fairly common occurrence even when there’s no specific bad blood heading into the sessions. We’ll see if cooler heads prevail in this case in a little more than a week.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/03/terrelle-pryor-will-handle-it-accordingly-if-practices-with-washington-get-chippy/
taj2133
General Manager

Post#13 » by taj2133 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 3:09 pm

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports Isaiah Crowell is expected to be a "big factor" in the Jets' offense.

Cimini has been surprised by Crowell's speed, while he believes Crowell has impressed coach Todd Bowles with better-than-expected pass-catching chops. Especially with Elijah McGuire (foot surgery) now sidelined indefinitely, Crowell is one of the league's most underrated RB2s in fantasy.
taj2133
General Manager

Post#14 » by taj2133 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 3:09 pm

Quincy Enunwa - WR - Jets
The New York Daily News reports Quincy Enunwa will be sidelined 1-2 weeks with a thumb injury.

Enunwa had been spotted with a wrap on his right hand. It's unneeded news for someone who missed all of 2017 with a neck injury, but not the sort of issue that should linger. Enunwa should still see preseason reps, especially in the all-important third game. Enunwa is aiming to man the slot and nail down a role in three-receiver sets.
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#15 » by Kampuchea » Fri Aug 3, 2018 5:10 pm

taj2133 wrote:ESPN's Rich Cimini reports Isaiah Crowell is expected to be a "big factor" in the Jets' offense.

Cimini has been surprised by Crowell's speed, while he believes Crowell has impressed coach Todd Bowles with better-than-expected pass-catching chops. Especially with Elijah McGuire (foot surgery) now sidelined indefinitely, Crowell is one of the league's most underrated RB2s in fantasy.

interesting. I drafted him in the past and was left underwhelmed.

I wonder if the Jets will score enough though. Sucks to have an RB on a terrible offense.
taj2133
General Manager

Post#16 » by taj2133 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 6:44 pm

Browns GM John Dorsey said he would consider signing Tyrod Taylor to a contract extension.

"I want to see it unfold," said Dorsey in an interview with The Ringer. "There may come a point here where I call his representatives in October and say, 'Let's strike something up.'" Taylor has shown starter traits throughout his career, though this would seem to be a puzzling move for a team that just used the first overall pick on Baker Mayfield. Tyrod is entrenched as the Week 1 starter, but Mayfield is undoubtedly the Browns' quarterback of the future. Ultimately, we'd expect Taylor to be one-and-done in Cleveland.
taj2133
General Manager

Post#17 » by taj2133 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 6:46 pm

Zach Ertz: Dallas Goedert allows us to “vary it up” on offense
Posted by Josh Alper on August 3, 2018, 12:41 PM EDT

AP
The Eagles often featured multiple tight ends on offense on their way to the Super Bowl last season and it appears they’ll do the same this year despite the departures of Trey Burton and Brent Celek.

Dallas Goedert was drafted in the second round in April and his work early in training camp has the team excited about what he can do alongside Zach Ertz. Coach Doug Pederson said that Goedert is “going to be exciting” and Ertz said he thinks the rookie will open up more options for the offense.

“It’s going to be different than in years past,” Ertz said, via NBC Sports Philadelphia. “In years past, when it was me and Brent on the field it was more run-dominant. When it was me and Trey, it was more pass-dominant and teams went nickel. … When it was Trey and I, I was always the guy with my hand in the ground. [Now], teams are going to really have to choose whether they want to go base or go nickel to the two of us. … Now you can kind of vary it up.”

Even with those tight ends, it was tough to predict what the Eagles would do last season. Amping that up should make the task of stopping them even more daunting for the rest of the league.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/03/zach-ertz-dallas-goedert-allows-us-to-vary-it-up-on-offense/
taj2133
General Manager

Post#18 » by taj2133 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 6:48 pm

Giants cornerback Sam Beal having shoulder surgery today
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 3, 2018, 8:15 AM EDT

Getty Images
The Giants spent their 2019 third-rounder to land cornerback Sam Beal now, and he should be ready to contribute by then.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Beal will have surgery today to repair the dislocated shoulder, which ended his rookie season before it was able to get underway.

While not having him this year was obviously a disappointment for the Giants, getting the work done now should have him ready for the offseason work next spring.

The cornerback from Western Michigan has the potential to become a solid player, after leaving school when he was ruled academically ineligible.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/03/giants-cornerback-sam-beal-having-shoulder-surgery-today/
taj2133
General Manager

Post#19 » by taj2133 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 6:52 pm

Washington running back Rob Kelley needs a new nickname
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 3, 2018, 6:54 AM EDT

Getty Images
Fat Rob is no more.

For Washington running back Rob Kelley, the pounds have fallen away and his chances of making a bigger impact have increased.

Via the Washington Post, Kelly has slimmed down again this offseason. Kelley was 249 pounds during his senior year at Tulane in 2015, a time when he said he was “eating a lot of food.” He was listed at 228 when he signed as an undrafted rookie in 2016, and said he’s now down again.

“It comes with the change within,” Kelley said. “I’m lighter, I’m faster. . . . I’m 221 pounds.”

Kelley only managed seven games last year because of injuries, with knee and ankle problems shutting him down in November.

He’s working with the starters in camp this year, though Washington has a number of options in the backfield, including promising second-rounder Derrius Guice.

“It’s the team’s job to keep on getting competition, to keep pushing the envelope, so, I mean, it doesn’t make a difference,” Kelley said. “[I’ve] still got to work as hard as I can. . . . There’s always a competition, whether you think it or not.”

He has been a productive back when well, and he thinks he’s given himself a better chance to compete now that he’s Fit Rob.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/03/washington-running-back-rob-kelley-needs-a-new-nickname/
taj2133
General Manager

Post#20 » by taj2133 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 6:53 pm

Odell Beckham’s agent in Giants camp, as talks start
Giants co-owner John Mara said the team would “talk as long as it takes” to get a deal for wide receiver Odell Beckham.

At least the talking has now officially begun.

According to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, Beckham’s agent Zeke Sandhu was at Giants camp yesterday, and spent 90 minutes watching practice with vice president of football operations Kevin Abrams.

We’ll see if that conversation yielded anything, but it’s at least a sign they’re working on it.

Beckham has shown up and played nice while looking for a new deal, which would presumably make him the highest-paid receiver in the game (topping Antonio Brown‘s $17 million a year average and Mike Evans‘ $55 million in guarantees).

When Mara was asked this week how long it might take to do a deal, he replied: “Depends on how reasonable they want to be.”

The Giants have been willing to slow-play these things in the past, with quarterback Eli Manning‘s 2015 deal landing two days before the opener.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/03/odell-beckhams-agent-in-giants-camp-as-talks-start/

Return to New York Knicks