ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA: Trades, Transactions, and Taj Threads

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Re: Around the NBA: Trades, Transactions, and Taj Threads 

Post#461 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Aug 3, 2018 1:25 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:So the Celtics have the kings and grizzlies first round picks next year, in what looks to be a nice draft at the top of the lottery. Danny Ainge should get a statue outside TD garden.

Kings are worst team in the NBA easily so likely Celts don’t get it this year. Regardless, he’s been very opportunistic when striking, but mostly is a very risk adverse GM. This whole idea that the Celts are the next dynasty in East is very overblown bc roster construction is bad. Kyrie seems 1 foot out the door, Hayward immediately is a “new car off lot accident” bad contract bc JB & JT, will steal touches and never return to value, Horford isn’t any younger.

Think the Hawks would beg to differ

Yes, but the kings really suck. Boston will win championships however. I don't agree with the notion above. The roster is beautifully built.
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#462 » by 2010 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 2:31 pm

Chris Broussard wrote:"Durant texted me and said 'the guy you see now is the real me. The guy in Oklahoma City was the phony -- I was just trying to please everybody and do what I thought everybody wanted me to do.'

Just like I predicted two years ago after he first bounced from OKC. KD "the humble superstar" was all an act. Had all you mofo's fooled.

He says straight up now that this is the real him. The rings bring out the inner douche unabashedly.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,880

Post#463 » by GONYK » Fri Aug 3, 2018 3:04 pm

Both versions of Durant are soft
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,496

Post#464 » by cgf » Fri Aug 3, 2018 4:01 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:There's a huge difference between Lebron's heel turn and KD's heel turn.

Lebron was throwing barbs about the Knicks drafting a foreigner over a US baller, Phil Jackson's diss, and then doing the bottle flipping at the Garden...It was all purposely designed to discredit and humiliate the Knicks so NO ONE would come as a FA.

KD is just doing his BEST Ric Flair promo on a podcast...

On McCollum's podcast, Durant did his best "To be the man, you gotta beat the man..." impersonation. :nod:

Huh? This was LeBron's heel turn:

He realized he was bad at it & tried to make himself likable again by going back to Cleveland.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Post#465 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Fri Aug 3, 2018 4:20 pm

basketboule wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Kings are worst team in the NBA easily so likely Celts don’t get it this year. Regardless, he’s been very opportunistic when striking, but mostly is a very risk adverse GM. This whole idea that the Celts are the next dynasty in East is very overblown bc roster construction is bad. Kyrie seems 1 foot out the door, Hayward immediately is a “new car off lot accident” bad contract bc JB & JT, will steal touches and never return to value, Horford isn’t any younger.

Yes, but the kings really suck. Boston will win championships however. I don't agree with the notion above. The roster is beautifully built.

Not more than the Hawks will suck next season, bet that
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,889

Post#466 » by Jay10 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 5:00 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

smart. it's exactly what he needs to focus on. get faster and in better condition and just put up 3s. should have done that last summer.

i see people are still falling for the fake hustle.

he does this every summer, training camp, and a week or 2 into the regular season, then he reverts back to his old habits.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#467 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Aug 3, 2018 5:10 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
basketboule wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:

I don't even disagree!
nyk97
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,219

Post#468 » by nyk97 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 5:49 pm

Jay10 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

smart. it's exactly what he needs to focus on. get faster and in better condition and just put up 3s. should have done that last summer.

he does this every summer, training camp, and a week or 2 into the regular season, then you reverts back to his old habits.

this is his issue
"im willing to ride or die for new york" -carl
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#469 » by god shammgod » Fri Aug 3, 2018 8:16 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
basketboule wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:

they still might move bazemore too supposedly. they're really tanking at a high level. nobody can compete with them.
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Post#470 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Fri Aug 3, 2018 8:24 pm

god shammgod wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
basketboule wrote: Yes, but the kings really suck. Boston will win championships however. I don't agree with the notion above. The roster is beautifully built.

they still might move bazemore too supposedly. they're really tanking at a high level. nobody can compete with them.

Im still kinda surprised they were able to move Schroeder w/o taking back any players whose contract runs beyond next season. High level tanking, indeed
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,496

Post#471 » by cgf » Fri Aug 3, 2018 10:27 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:

Im still kinda surprised they were able to move Schroeder w/o taking back any players whose contract runs beyond next season. High level tanking, indeed

The cap is supposed to rise by ~15M over the next two years, which is pretty much Schroeder's contract, and even though he's a **** person, he's a talented basketball player who just isn't a top option & is probably best as a 6th man. So I'm not that shocked. Moving guys who can contribute for expiring's that playoff teams want to get rid of or are dead-money happens pretty often in the NBA...even if the guy who can contribute is being paid for a bigger role than he can actually fill.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#472 » by whocares1 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 11:02 pm

GONYK wrote:Both versions of Durant are soft

And yet he comes up big when the pressure is on him.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#473 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 11:53 pm

Jay10 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

he does this every summer, training camp, and a week or 2 into the regular season, then he reverts back to his old habits.

Did you guys watch the video? Melo basically couldn't score on CP3... Not exactly the ole tire flip videos..
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#474 » by whocares1 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 11:59 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Did you guys watch the video? Melo basically couldn't score on CP3... Not exactly the ole tire flip videos..

Chris Paul is a lockdown defender. Especially against players taller than him. He’s strong, moves his feet quickly, and has quick hands. He was guarding KD pretty well too.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#475 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Aug 4, 2018 12:01 am

whocares1 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Jay10 wrote:

Chris Paul is a lockdown defender. Especially against players taller than him. He’s strong, moves his feet quickly, and has quick hands. He was guarding KD pretty well too.

He made Melo look like a chump basically on every play. The only moves Melo looked good on Paul was calling him for travelling.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#476 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 4, 2018 2:37 am

Read on Twitter

:o Wow!!!

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#477 » by HEZI » Sat Aug 4, 2018 3:11 am

magnumt wrote:
Read on Twitter

I know the possibility of the Lakers missing the playoffs is real but I don't know if I can really project them to not make it. At the very least they sneak in as the 8th seed. But I get it, West is stacked, just not sure I can give a team like the TWolves or Nuggets an edge over a Lebron team with some nice young pieces in place that are set to have better seasons next year regardless of Lebron being there or not. But yeah, West is gonna be so wild next season
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#478 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 4, 2018 4:04 am

HEZI wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Read on Twitter

I know the possibility of the Lakers missing the playoffs is real but I don't know if I can really project them to not make it. At the very least they sneak in as the 8th seed. But I get it, West is stacked, just not sure I can give a team like the TWolves or Nuggets an edge over a Lebron team with some nice young pieces in place that are set to have better seasons next year regardless of Lebron being there or not. But yeah, West is gonna be so wild next season

I think they were focusing in more on the Kings. ;)

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#479 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Aug 4, 2018 8:21 am

cgf wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:There's a huge difference between Lebron's heel turn and KD's heel turn.

Lebron was throwing barbs about the Knicks drafting a foreigner over a US baller, Phil Jackson's diss, and then doing the bottle flipping at the Garden...It was all purposely designed to discredit and humiliate the Knicks so NO ONE would come as a FA.

KD is just doing his BEST Ric Flair promo on a podcast...

On McCollum's podcast, Durant did his best "To be the man, you gotta beat the man..." impersonation. :nod:

Huh? This was LeBron's heel turn:

He realized he was bad at it & tried to make himself likable again by going back to Cleveland.

This was one of the worst things ever in basketball. Revealed true colors. That impression was then easily backed many times, with that workout selfie-rap being a late peak of this man's idiocy.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#480 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Aug 4, 2018 10:43 am

So it's reported the heat want to break it up. They really aren't very talented.

Return to New York Knicks