ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,708

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#881 » by aggo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:31 pm

um, hi is this on??
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,587

Post#882 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:36 am

Time to bring back Hanz Und Franz.

Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,204

Post#883 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:12 pm

This Guy Won’t Stop Trolling His Neighborhood With Fake Posters, And People Can’t Stop Laughing

https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-fake-posters-ads-alan-wagner
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,587

Post#884 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:58 pm

Free Palestine
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,708

Post#885 » by aggo » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm not sure where to put this.

But can we start a new thread where we upload only Knicks gifs and youtube videos?

The rules would be that the gifs must be on imgur of giphy (so that they are stored on the internet for a very long time) and the point is that its just a collection thread that will span years and years where people can remember knicks moments for a long time.

For instance, this is one of my favorite moments (this is an sbnation link, so im violating my first rule)

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#886 » by magnumt » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:10 pm

AggO wrote:I'm not sure where to put this.

But can we start a new thread where we upload only Knicks gifs and youtube videos?

The rules would be that the gifs must be on imgur of giphy (so that they are stored on the internet for a very long time) and the point is that its just a collection thread that will span years and years where people can remember knicks moments for a long time.

For instance, this is one of my favorite moments (this is an sbnation link, so im violating my first rule)

Yeah, go ahead. Just title it descriptively.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,338

Post#887 » by Revived » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Tech question. I keep getting kicked off RealGM on my phone because I've either won something or need to download antivirus crap. Is this normal? Can I get it to stop? I will be in the middle of a post and get booted! FUQ!!

Get ad blocker. This site is impossible to browse on smartphone without it. It was difficult to even type because it was slow until I got ad block.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Re: OT: Venezuelan President Survives Drone Assassination! 

Post#888 » by Bill Pidto » Sun Aug 5, 2018 12:25 am

Is this gonna be another thread where if anyone says anything positive about Trump, they receive a warning and the thread gets locked?

I don’t even recognize this board anymore. It’s one train of thought or the highway. The front page is loaded with political OTs, and they are all locked up as soon as there’s a disagreement.

What the heck is going on here?? Why not just have a politics thread where people are allowed to freely express themselves?

RealGM sucks now. Thank the mod team.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#889 » by magnumt » Sun Aug 5, 2018 12:36 am

Bill Pidto wrote:Is this gonna be another thread where if anyone says anything positive about Trump, they receive a warning and the thread gets locked?

I don’t even recognize this board anymore. It’s one train of thought or the highway. The front page is loaded with political OTs, and they are all locked up as soon as there’s a disagreement.

What the heck is going on here?? Why not just have a politics thread where people are allowed to freely express themselves?

Our pleasure!!! :clap:

But, if you hate it so much, why do you keep creating accounts and coming back after Bans?! :-? :dontknow:

Who gave you a warning tho? I'd like to buy them a drink! :love:

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#890 » by Blockwatcher » Sun Aug 5, 2018 1:02 am

Bill Pidto wrote:Is this gonna be another thread where if anyone says anything positive about Trump, they receive a warning and the thread gets locked?

Yes
1 John 2 : 15-17
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#891 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Aug 5, 2018 1:17 am

Sorry this completely free user moderated site isn’t up to your standards of the moment.

Luckily it’s not mandatory for you to come here, post or express your contempt for others

I encourage you to find other arenas to frequent that are more to your liking. We will all enjoy knowing you are getting a better moderated experience elsewhere
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#892 » by BBALLER4FR » Sun Aug 5, 2018 1:26 am

Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
TDcraz5
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#893 » by TDcraz5 » Sun Aug 5, 2018 1:41 am

NoLayupRule wrote:

Sorry this completely free user moderated site isn’t up to your standards of the moment.

Luckily it’s not mandatory for you to come here, post or express your contempt for others

I encourage you to find other arenas to frequent that are more to your liking. We will all enjoy knowing you are getting a better moderated experience elsewhere

His point should be acknowledged. Fury cursed myself and several others to bits before just for offering a different political viewpoint and absolutely nothing was done. One of the mods wrote “I get it, but please stop the personal attacks”. Yet here you are telling Bill Pidto to take a hike when he’s presenting a valid point. I’m no full fledge trump supporter nor am I a trump basher but I finally dabbled in the political debate on here and was immediately told to STFU to put it kindly.

My political party: Realist
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant

Post#894 » by Bill Pidto » Sun Aug 5, 2018 1:42 am

NoLayupRule wrote:

It’s a shame. I used to be very friendly with you all. Now I’m a nobody. Basketball is out the window here. It’s a political site that also talks about basketball, and is openly biased and okay with censoring free speech. Hope you guys are proud.

Personally, I hate that we’re divided. I actually enjoy having the discussion with my fellow New Yorkers and Knicks fans. That is until someone comes along and censors my ideas.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant

Post#895 » by Bill Pidto » Sun Aug 5, 2018 1:50 am

magnumt wrote:

Our pleasure!!! :clap:

But, if you hate it so much, why do you keep creating accounts and coming back after Bans?! :-? :dontknow:

Who gave you a warning tho? I'd like to buy them a drink! :love:

Keep getting banned and keep creating accounts? This is my second account. I was banned once, years ago, for passionately defending my Knicks on the general board. You know.. back when you and I were on the same side of things here at RealGM. Before politics blinded us and divided us all. Back when it was still fun to talk hoops with everyone.

Now, you have a long-time moderator, trying to push me off of your “free” website (which generates ad revenue based on the high volume of visitors), just because I disagree with you about political/social issues. The site and its moderators are proudly suspending and banning users for their opinions?

Yikes, this is really ugly.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,228

Post#896 » by DOT » Sun Aug 5, 2018 1:52 am

Bill Pidto wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:

It’s a shame. I used to be very friendly with you all. Now I’m a nobody. Basketball is out the window here. It’s a political site that also talks about basketball, and is openly biased and okay with censoring free speech. Hope you guys are proud.

Personally, I hate that we’re divided. I actually enjoy having the discussion with my fellow New Yorkers and Knicks fans. That is until someone comes along and censors my ideas.

We're not censoring free speech

You were warned because you repeatedly post conspiracy theories with no sourcing to back them up

And now you're trying to derail a thread about an assassination attempt on the Venezuelan president into a pity party for yourself trying to claim you are the blameless victim of oppression

If you don't like the fact that you can't freely post insane conspiracy theories, you can take your posting elsewhere
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,204

Post#897 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 5, 2018 2:10 am

MUSIC BREAK!!!

ImageImageImage
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,975

Post#898 » by Fury » Sun Aug 5, 2018 2:39 am

TDcraz5 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:

His point should be acknowledged. Fury cursed myself and several others to bits before just for offering a different political viewpoint and absolutely nothing was done. One of the mods wrote “I get it, but please stop the personal attacks”. Yet here you are telling Bill Pidto to take a hike when he’s presenting a valid point. I’m no full fledge trump supporter nor am I a trump basher but I finally dabbled in the political debate on here and was immediately told to STFU to put it kindly.

Wah Wah

I do this because it’s gone past actual discussion of reality and into wacky delusional fake bull crap that I’m not tolerating or rationalizating because it’s insulting. You’re insulting and so is Bill Pidto and any moron who decides to defend the con artist who is president.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#899 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Aug 5, 2018 2:45 am

TDcraz5 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:

Ok so the only person detailing the thread was bill in the 2nd post complaining about thread derailment

And in you come to complain about him having a valid point about threads being hijakced by trump talk. Oh, but what a great opportunity to talk about trump for you!

Come on man
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
And1: 815

Post#900 » by Jonathan starks » Sun Aug 5, 2018 3:03 am

NoLayupRule wrote:

He has a point. Real debates aren’t encouraged at these parts

Return to New York Knicks