ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,173

Re: OT: Venezuelan President Survives Drone Assassination! 

Post#921 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 5, 2018 5:15 am

It is called an even playing field

Asking people to produce actual data is not a harsh demand

If you can't debate with actual facts then you can't compete on an even playing field

That doesn't entitle you to beg for a return to an uneven playing field where you can spout unsubstantiated nonsense

And that hurts the feelings of some who can't compete because they cannot produce actual facts

So be it

Not our problem

Don't point fingers
ImageImageImage
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#922 » by cuyankees » Sun Aug 5, 2018 5:18 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Just wish we all could get along, meet in the city and drop the keyboard tough guy routines, mods and non mods.

People popping out of lurk mode to say this is being handled wrong is BS

You saying the mods should not be clamping down on the Cosmic Pizza derailments is not helping either

Never said anything about mods clamping down and there's nothing wrong with lurkers posting. Maybe they read more, post less and add commentary when they see fit. Not everyone has diarrhea of the mouth.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#923 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 5, 2018 5:26 am

cuyankees wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Just wish we all could get along, meet in the city and drop the keyboard tough guy routines, mods and non mods.

You saying the mods should not be clamping down on the Cosmic Pizza derailments is not helping either

Never said anything about mods clamping down and there's nothing wrong with lurkers posting. Maybe they read more, post less and add commentary when they see fit. Not everyone has diarrhea of the mouth.

Is that supposed to hurt my feelings?

I was being sincere. You were not helping by doing a Rodney King kumbaya number. It only served to be dismissive of issues in the process of being resolved here.

I don't think it escaped your notice the mods are making a disciplined effort to apply clean principles about what is allowed here.

So when people fly off the handle with half-baked conspiracy rants everytime a political thread is initiated it had to be addressed and it is being addressed.

And that means not everybody gets to get along. It means some people will get shut out if they don't bring some sanity to their discourse.

The above five sentences made five different points. You can call it diarrhea if you want, but I'm willing to engage and debate on fair terms. I'd hope you support that as well.
ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,953

Post#924 » by Capn'O » Sun Aug 5, 2018 5:29 am

Let's stop, get a hot dog, and get this thread on track. Use the Trump/Russia thread for Mueller stuff.

I'm actually kind of interested in WTF happened here and a grand total of 3 posts have actually dealt with it.

Also, Pidto's time here is up. We hate to ban long time regs but this one probably got more rope than they would have gotten because of what happened the user's FIRST account. Derailing, personal attacks, generally calling out the board over and over, and most recently derailing every current events thread into a conspiracy theory essentially sourced by the political version of Carl0280 or whatever his name was. This derailment is the last straw. Sorry man - I enjoyed our team discussions but enough is enough.

For your sake - I hope you pull yourself out of the rabbit hole you've gone down. You're better than this.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#925 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 5, 2018 5:32 am

10-4 Cap

R.I.P. Bill Pidto
ImageImageImage
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#926 » by cuyankees » Sun Aug 5, 2018 5:40 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I was being sincere. You were not helping by doing a Rodney King kumbaya number. It only served to be dismissive of issues in the process of being resolved here.

I don't think it escaped your notice the mods are making a disciplined effort to apply clean principles about what is allowed here.

So when people fly off the handle with half-baked conspiracy rants everytime a political thread is initiated it had to be addressed and it is being addressed.

And that means not everybody gets to get along. It means some people will get shut out if they don't bring some sanity to their discourse.

The above five sentences made five different points. You can call it diarrhea if you want, but I'm willing to engage and debate on fair terms. I'd hope you support that as well.

Huh? There’s nothing in my post that is directed at you, whether you decide to interpret it as such then that’s your MO. Good luck!
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#927 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 5, 2018 5:43 am

cuyankees wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Never said anything about mods clamping down and there's nothing wrong with lurkers posting. Maybe they read more, post less and add commentary when they see fit. Not everyone has diarrhea of the mouth.

Huh? There’s nothing in my post that is directed at you, whether you decide to interpret it as such then that’s your MO. Good luck!

OK, acknowledged
ImageImageImage
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#928 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun Aug 5, 2018 11:23 am

Blockwatcher wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:Is this gonna be another thread where if anyone says anything positive about Trump, they receive a warning and the thread gets locked?

I don’t even recognize this board anymore. It’s one train of thought or the highway. The front page is loaded with political OTs, and they are all locked up as soon as there’s a disagreement.

What the heck is going on here?? Why not just have a politics thread where people are allowed to freely express themselves?

RealGM sucks now. Thank the mod team.

Yes

Lmao, just yes
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#929 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Aug 5, 2018 2:02 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:Is this gonna be another thread where if anyone says anything positive about Trump, they receive a warning and the thread gets locked?

I don’t even recognize this board anymore. It’s one train of thought or the highway. The front page is loaded with political OTs, and they are all locked up as soon as there’s a disagreement.

What the heck is going on here?? Why not just have a politics thread where people are allowed to freely express themselves?

Sorry this completely free user moderated site isn’t up to your standards of the moment.

Luckily it’s not mandatory for you to come here, post or express your contempt for others

I encourage you to find other arenas to frequent that are more to your liking. We will all enjoy knowing you are getting a better moderated experience elsewhere

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/

:D
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#930 » by BallSacBounce » Sun Aug 5, 2018 6:17 pm

This. There is no reason to even bother anymore. Let them circlejerk all they want.

Suspended for one year from current affairs because "literally" I refused to engage a poster who was repeatedly trying to bait me. I said he was trolling and I reported him. Mod said I can appeal to Howard Mass etc. I reply the place is so obviously biased it's not worth it to me to be reinstated. He said it's not. I say look at my posts I am trying to avoid the guy. He agrees after review but says hey that guy got disciplined too. He like me had previous warnings. Him, instigator, receives another warning. Me, trying to avoid conflict, receive one year suspension. No bias at all! This not the space for any political discussion whatsoever. Ok, got the memo. I will contact Howard though. He should be aware of what's going on.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,672

Post#931 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Aug 5, 2018 7:32 pm

as usual, you at no point address the topic and talk about your love for trump. first comment.

but, you're being persecuted.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#932 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Aug 5, 2018 7:35 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Sorry this completely free user moderated site isn’t up to your standards of the moment.

Luckily it’s not mandatory for you to come here, post or express your contempt for others

I encourage you to find other arenas to frequent that are more to your liking. We will all enjoy knowing you are getting a better moderated experience elsewhere

It’s a shame. I used to be very friendly with you all. Now I’m a nobody. Basketball is out the window here. It’s a political site that also talks about basketball, and is openly biased and okay with censoring free speech. Hope you guys are proud.

Personally, I hate that we’re divided. I actually enjoy having the discussion with my fellow New Yorkers and Knicks fans. That is until someone comes along and censors my ideas.

We're not censoring free speech

You were warned because you repeatedly post conspiracy theories with no sourcing to back them up

And now you're trying to derail a thread about an assassination attempt on the Venezuelan president into a pity party for yourself trying to claim you are the blameless victim of oppression

If you don't like the fact that you can't freely post insane conspiracy theories, you can take your posting elsewhere

always derailing. gets warned about it. thinks it's only him. throws strawman to derail.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#933 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Aug 5, 2018 7:43 pm

damn. commented before realizing he got deaded. :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#934 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 5, 2018 7:46 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:damn. commented before realizing he got deaded. :lol:

I thought maybe you were just chilling in your Time Machine and posting from last week
ImageImageImage
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#935 » by Polk377 » Sun Aug 5, 2018 10:32 pm

Can we stop bringing up Politics on the Knicks board already? Everyday it's a new post with biased opinions that ends up being locked anyway. There are places on this site where you can go talk politics freely with all sorts of people.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#936 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 5, 2018 10:41 pm

Polk377 wrote:Can we stop bringing up Politics on the Knicks board already? Everyday it's a new post with biased opinions that ends up being locked anyway. There are places on this site where you can go talk politics freely with all sorts of people.

Read the threads that you want to read.

That leaves others free to engage in the threads you don't care to participate in.

If you do choose to participate in political or social issue threads then all you have to do is provide valid factual support for what you state if you make claims that appear fictitious.

If a mod says what's your factual basis for your assertion and you've got nothing then you can accept that you've got nothing and move on or reset and elevate your research.

Politics are by their very definition biased. If you cannot provide facts to support your biases then you can choose not to participate, but what it does not entitle you to do is claim that standard is unfair.

Whether the heat in the kitchen gets intense or not is not the point.

Whether you can debate while being held to a higher standard is.

Don't complain about the implementation of more rigorous standards, especially if that means people you are sympathetic with (i.e. biases you side with) are shut down because they can't comply. If they can't comply with being fact-based then they don't belong in the kitchen in the first place. Your choice.
ImageImageImage
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#937 » by Polk377 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 12:12 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Can we stop bringing up Politics on the Knicks board already? Everyday it's a new post with biased opinions that ends up being locked anyway. There are places on this site where you can go talk politics freely with all sorts of people.

Read the threads that you want to read.

That leaves others free to engage in the threads you don't care to participate in.

If you do choose to participate in political or social issue threads then all you have to do is provide valid factual support for what you state if you make claims that appear fictitious.

If a mod says what's your factual basis for your assertion and you've got nothing then you can accept that you've got nothing and move on or reset and elevate your research.

Politics are by their very definition biased. If you cannot provide facts to support your biases then you can choose not to participate, but what it does not entitle you to do is claim that standard is unfair.

Whether the heat in the kitchen gets intense or not is not the point.

Whether you can debate while being held to a higher standard is.

Don't complain about the implementation of more rigorous standards, especially if that means people you are sympathetic with (i.e. biases you side with) are shut down because they can't comply. If they can't comply with being fact-based then they don't belong in the kitchen in the first place. Your choice.

This is not a forum for politics. For years anything posted like this had immediately been pushed to the right forum to continue discussion. I'm not here to bash the mods and dont have a personal problem with any of them. The fact of the matter is I have been here for a very long time and this might be the most disorganized this forum has ever been. Let's keep the standards high here and keep it about Knicks basketball. Politics, tech, religion, economics talk have places they can be discussed on this site.
TDcraz5
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#938 » by TDcraz5 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 12:31 am

NoLayupRule wrote:
TDcraz5 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Sorry this completely free user moderated site isn’t up to your standards of the moment.

His point should be acknowledged. Fury cursed myself and several others to bits before just for offering a different political viewpoint and absolutely nothing was done. One of the mods wrote “I get it, but please stop the personal attacks”. Yet here you are telling Bill Pidto to take a hike when he’s presenting a valid point. I’m no full fledge trump supporter nor am I a trump basher but I finally dabbled in the political debate on here and was immediately told to STFU to put it kindly.

My political party: Realist

Ok so the only person detailing the thread was bill in the 2nd post complaining about thread derailment

And in you come to complain about him having a valid point about threads being hijakced by trump talk. Oh, but what a great opportunity to talk about trump for you!

Come on man

Um no sorry mod... I’m trying to help bring awareness to you guys. If you’re going to allow political threads then keep it clean. Not once did I go overboard defending Trump. Truthfully, I think he acts like a clown. I’m pissed that no matter what I post I get a big F U and you guys are too scared to do anything about it when it clearly violates the rules. You wrote one sentence in response to Fury cursing myself and others off and here you are sounding off on me. How and why are you a moderator if this is the way you’re going to run things around here?
TDcraz5
Sixth Man

Post#939 » by TDcraz5 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 12:35 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
TDcraz5 wrote:

His point should be acknowledged. Fury cursed myself and several others to bits before just for offering a different political viewpoint and absolutely nothing was done. One of the mods wrote “I get it, but please stop the personal attacks”. Yet here you are telling Bill Pidto to take a hike when he’s presenting a valid point. I’m no full fledge trump supporter nor am I a trump basher but I finally dabbled in the political debate on here and was immediately told to STFU to put it kindly.

This is the scenario you're presenting:

(1) You're a lurker, yet

(2) due to your sense of justice being violated you've decided to come out of the shadows

(3 to tell us the response to Bill Pidto is antithetical to civil discourse

If that is the case, then during your predominant lurking mode you must have also noticed that Bill Pidto does the following:

(a) attack the RealGM board en masse, i.e. tells everyone here in broad strokes they're a bunch of morons without a clue

and

(b) offers up a loving spoonful of their demented conspiracy theories that are a sordidi mish-mash of George Soros runs the world, but what about Hillary & kids are being raped in the basement of Cosmic Pizza

So, what is it?

Either you're completely FOS and you're not lurking and seeing this garbage spewed or you're beating your chest in outrage over the treatment of poor Bill Pidto because you're a supporter of his beliefs.

Because if you pop out of nowhere and claim someone flaming Bill over this is some kind of surprise than I think you're playing games and are not being the least bit sincere in your outrage over mods clamping down on looney tunes who have been warned countless times to cut the crap.

Spare us your phoney outrage.

I’m a lurker?!! What the heck are you talking about? Dude it’s real simple!!!... stop allowing people to get cursed off for sharing their opinion. Omg what is wrong with you guys?!?! I have one agenda and one agenda only here, stop allowing people to trash talk one another with foul language when you allow a debate thread to take place. Follow the rules that are set on here instead of trying to bend and stretch them for certain users. Lol I’m a lurker. What a joke
TDcraz5
Sixth Man

Post#940 » by TDcraz5 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 12:37 am

TDcraz5 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
TDcraz5 wrote:

This is the scenario you're presenting:

(1) You're a lurker, yet

(2) due to your sense of justice being violated you've decided to come out of the shadows

(3 to tell us the response to Bill Pidto is antithetical to civil discourse

If that is the case, then during your predominant lurking mode you must have also noticed that Bill Pidto does the following:

(a) attack the RealGM board en masse, i.e. tells everyone here in broad strokes they're a bunch of morons without a clue

and

(b) offers up a loving spoonful of their demented conspiracy theories that are a sordidi mish-mash of George Soros runs the world, but what about Hillary & kids are being raped in the basement of Cosmic Pizza

So, what is it?

Either you're completely FOS and you're not lurking and seeing this garbage spewed or you're beating your chest in outrage over the treatment of poor Bill Pidto because you're a supporter of his beliefs.

Because if you pop out of nowhere and claim someone flaming Bill over this is some kind of surprise than I think you're playing games and are not being the least bit sincere in your outrage over mods clamping down on looney tunes who have been warned countless times to cut the crap.

Spare us your phoney outrage.

I’m a lurker?!! What the heck are you talking about? Dude it’s real simple!!!... stop allowing people to get cursed off for sharing their opinion. Omg what is wrong with you guys?!?! I have one agenda and one agenda only here, stop allowing people to trash talk one another with foul language when you allow a debate thread to take place. Follow the rules that are set on here instead of trying to bend and stretch them for certain users. Lol I’m a lurker. What a joke. Fact of the matter is, if I called you a single name in this post I’d be banned instantly yet I was told to go F myself a million times in another thread and NOTHING was done

Return to New York Knicks