ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Brickley on Working with Frank and Kanter

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Re: Chris Brickley on Working with Frank and Kanter 

Post#101 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Aug 7, 2018 9:25 am

72 :o
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Post#102 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Tue Aug 7, 2018 12:24 pm

magnumt wrote:Kanter would be great for us in a 6th man role. Same with Burke.

--Mags :beer:

And THJr...
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#103 » by dakomish23 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 5:24 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
magnumt wrote:Kanter would be great for us in a 6th man role. Same with Burke.

--Mags :beer:

And THJr...

:clap:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#104 » by blueNorange » Tue Aug 7, 2018 5:33 pm

GONYK wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
GONYK wrote:Greg Monroe just signed a 1 yr deal for $2.2M. That is what Kanter is worth.

He'll probably sign a deal next year for 4-5M per year. Monroe is a lesser player. Kanter is still one of the best low post scorers and rebounders in the league even if that is not so much in demand any longer. But compared to Monroe he's worth more IMO.
If Kanter wants to come off the bench for $4M, I'd welcome him back.

I just recall people thinking he would be a bargain coming back ~$15M.

That is clearly not the market value on his skill set.

that's not what he's getting, that's why he opted in his player option because he's not gonna make that money ever again.

glad we agree that kanter as a scoring big off the bench would be ideal.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Post#105 » by GONYK » Tue Aug 7, 2018 5:41 pm

blueNorange wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
He'll probably sign a deal next year for 4-5M per year. Monroe is a lesser player. Kanter is still one of the best low post scorers and rebounders in the league even if that is not so much in demand any longer. But compared to Monroe he's worth more IMO.
If Kanter wants to come off the bench for $4M, I'd welcome him back.

that's not what he's getting, that's why he opted in his player option because he's not gonna make that money ever again.

A scoring big off the bench for $4M
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,307

Post#106 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 7, 2018 5:50 pm

Damn, some of these guys need to post a practice video or something. It's basketball doldrums around here.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,270

Post#107 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Aug 7, 2018 6:13 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Damn, some of these guys need to post a practice video or something. It's basketball doldrums around here.

Latest practice tape. Ball included.

ImageImageImage
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#108 » by F N 11 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 6:17 pm

Kanter upping that trade value. Hopefully get back a pick and start Mitchell second half?
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,957

Post#109 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Aug 7, 2018 6:32 pm

GONYK wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
GONYK wrote:If Kanter wants to come off the bench for $4M, I'd welcome him back.

it ain't gonna be that low for him, especially if fizdale can showcase a greater potential heading into his prime.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Post#110 » by GONYK » Tue Aug 7, 2018 6:33 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
GONYK wrote:
blueNorange wrote:that's not what he's getting, that's why he opted in his player option because he's not gonna make that money ever again.

it ain't gonna be that low for him, especially if fizdale can showcase a greater potential heading into his prime.

Then he can enjoy Sacramento or wherever
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,957

Post#111 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Aug 7, 2018 6:41 pm

GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
GONYK wrote:

sure. i in no way suggest he should be doing it here. i just can't see him not getting paid next year.

we are seeing some interesting spending of money. it's almost a class disparity thing. the cap is going up, but not everyone is getting paid more. people are saving their cap space for big-time players and trying to collect more of them. not suggesting that's wrong. it's just interesting to see if bigger cap leads to greater salary disparity in the NBA.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#112 » by Nazrmohamed » Tue Aug 7, 2018 6:50 pm

knicksh20b wrote:If Kanter can't stay on the floor in crunch time, he shouldn't be paid starter money

I agree to the effect that he shouldn't be paid starter money regardless but we did lose all those games. It's not like we benched him and then all of a sudden we were in contention. I never got that either when Jeff would do it but hey, I wanted to tank anyway. Often times I'd watch Kanter beasting all game and that's not to say we were going to secure a win either, but we'd be in the mix for a win and then seemingly outta nowhere it's like Hornicek looks at his watch and said "time to bench Kanter" regardless of how he was playing all game.

So what I'm saying is I don't believe Kanter was benched because he gave us a worse chance of winning, he was benched cause he gave us a good chance of winning....or at least a decent chance. I think the whole thing of we're doing it for defense was bull. And yeah I get he isn't a good defender but he's always a bad defender. Why in that moment consistently do it?

Again, Idc. I just wouldn't take too many lessons from whatever we did in the second half of the year outside of maybe development
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#113 » by Nazrmohamed » Tue Aug 7, 2018 7:02 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

sure. i in no way suggest he should be doing it here. i just can't see him not getting paid next year.

we are seeing some interesting spending of money. it's almost a class disparity thing. the cap is going up, but not everyone is getting paid more. people are saving their cap space for big-time players and trying to collect more of them. not suggesting that's wrong. it's just interesting to see if bigger cap leads to greater salary disparity in the NBA.

Great point. Somebody above mentioned 15 mil and I might've been one of those fans but gotta remember, this is after watching stars get close to 40mil per in recent deals and even what I consider mid tier guys like Otto Porter cash in. I mean based off that you'd think the league minimum is 5mil. And Kanter is productive c'mon. He may not be a modern day starter but the dude puts in work and it's not like he's just doing it on a bad team, his numbers were the same minutes adjusted in the playoffs for the Thunder. This is what he is, you either fit it in or not but he's not trash as some fans make it out to be. I see guys averaging 11 and 5 that get way more love than Kanter. That said, I think a fair value for him is somewhere around 8-9 mil per
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#114 » by god shammgod » Tue Aug 7, 2018 7:19 pm

personally i don't want him for any amount......but....the problem to me is not how much you pay kanter exactly, it's paying him before your main pieces. i don't care if it's 4 mill or 8 mill or whatever, i don't want to take up any cap space with him that might be needed for someone really good. if we were to strike out next summer on the big fish in free agency, i would much rather give him another one year 20 mill deal than any long term deal of 4 or 8. or if not him someone else on an inflated one year deal rather than give out more long term deals to role players. it's just dumb to do at this point. let the money roll over.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#115 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Aug 7, 2018 7:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:personally i don't want him for any amount......but....the problem to me is not how much you pay kanter exactly, it's paying him before your main pieces. i don't care if it's 4 mill or 8 mill or whatever, i don't want to take up any cap space with him that might be needed for someone really good. if we were to strike out next summer on the big fish in free agency, i would much rather give him another one year 20 mill deal than any long term deal of 4 or 8. or if not him someone else on an inflated one year deal rather than give out more long term deals to role players. it's just dumb to do at this point. let the money roll over.

In that case, how do you feel about giving Ron Baker a fat extension? :lol:
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#116 » by god shammgod » Tue Aug 7, 2018 7:25 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
god shammgod wrote:personally i don't want him for any amount......but....the problem to me is not how much you pay kanter exactly, it's paying him before your main pieces. i don't care if it's 4 mill or 8 mill or whatever, i don't want to take up any cap space with him that might be needed for someone really good. if we were to strike out next summer on the big fish in free agency, i would much rather give him another one year 20 mill deal than any long term deal of 4 or 8. or if not him someone else on an inflated one year deal rather than give out more long term deals to role players. it's just dumb to do at this point. let the money roll over.

i wouldn't be surprised if they cut ron baker before the season. even with the guaranteed money.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#117 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Aug 7, 2018 7:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

i wouldn't be surprised if they cut ron baker before the season. even with the guaranteed money.

Me neither. He's a wonderful guy who happens to be both a deity and an avatar, writes childrens books, defends aggressively and has a strong chin, but definitely is not the type of player they plan on grooming.
ImageImageImage
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#118 » by dakomish23 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 8:38 pm

KP & Frank only played 358 minutes together. Seems like a wasted opportunity to build some chemistry.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,642

Post#119 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 7, 2018 10:47 pm

GONYK wrote:Greg Monroe just signed a 1 yr deal for $2.2M. That is what Kanter is worth.

That's extremely overly harsh. :lol: Nez is better than that bum.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,642

Post#120 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 7, 2018 10:48 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Me neither. He's a wonderful guy who happens to be both a deity and an avatar, writes childrens books, defends aggressively and has a strong chin, but definitely is not the type of player they plan on grooming.

Trade him to the Celtics.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks