ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#4601 » by reub » Tue Aug 7, 2018 1:16 am

I love Jeff McNeil. He could be our new Daniel Murphy if we're lucky with more speed and defense.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,526

Post#4602 » by Lord Commander » Tue Aug 7, 2018 3:13 pm

reub wrote:I love Jeff McNeil. He could be our new Daniel Murphy if we're lucky with more speed and defense.

I read someplace that they envision him as a utility type player. I hope not. Just plug him in at 2B and leave him alone.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#4603 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 7, 2018 3:52 pm

Lord Commander wrote:
reub wrote:I love Jeff McNeil. He could be our new Daniel Murphy if we're lucky with more speed and defense.

I read someplace that they envision him as a utility type player. I hope not. Just plug him in at 2B and leave him alone.

Must've come from stupid ass Jeff Wilpon, who would say something like that.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#4604 » by blueNorange » Tue Aug 7, 2018 5:37 pm

Lord Commander wrote:

i mean there's nothing wrong with him getting 350-400 at bats playing around the field, ben zobrist made a career doing this.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#4605 » by blueNorange » Tue Aug 7, 2018 5:38 pm

for all the talk how alonso is struggling, which we know gets harthorne and reub super excited, he still has an ops over .800

overall the numbers are .280/.400/.540 with 26 homers and 96 rbi's

the mets couldn't have use this all season.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,526

Post#4606 » by Lord Commander » Tue Aug 7, 2018 6:05 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Lord Commander wrote:

i mean there's nothing wrong with him getting 350-400 at bats playing around the field, ben zobrist made a career doing this.

Isn't he a plus defender at 2B though? Let the Phillip Evans and TJ Riveras of the world take on that role.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#4607 » by whocares1 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 6:54 pm

blueNorange wrote:for all the talk how alonso is struggling, which we know gets harthorne and reub super excited, he still has an ops over .800

Not this again lol.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#4608 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 7, 2018 9:33 pm

POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#4609 » by blueNorange » Wed Aug 8, 2018 12:14 am

Lord Commander wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Lord Commander wrote:

Isn't he a plus defender at 2B though? Let the Phillip Evans and TJ Riveras of the world take on that role.

no
LOL Y U MAD THO?
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#4610 » by reub » Wed Aug 8, 2018 1:21 am

blueNorange wrote:for all the talk how alonso is struggling, which we know gets harthorne and reub super excited, he still has an ops over .800

Are you picking another fight? Don't you have a dog you can kick?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#4611 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 8, 2018 3:14 am

reub wrote:

Are you picking another fight? Don't you have a dog you can kick?

Hey. No dog kicking around here! I love my dogs.

Self abuse? :D
POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#4612 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 8, 2018 3:16 am

See my post on Alonso. Timing is everything. What was not a good idea earlier in the year, is probably a good idea soon.

In other news, Stephen Matz will miss multiple starts due to flexor pronator strain. It's forearm tightness with no structural damage.

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mets-matz-to-miss-multiple-starts-due-to-flexor-pronator-strain/288518472
POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#4613 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:09 am

Clueless Callaway is sticking with Jason Vargas AND wants him in the rotation for next season. Oh joy!

Fcking moron. Corey Oswalt's been pitching lights out lately and has earned his spot in rotation. I hate our manager. he sucks.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/07/why-jason-vargas-remains-in-mets-plans-despite-brutal-2018/
POSTING POLICIES:
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Post#4614 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Aug 8, 2018 1:24 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Clueless Callaway is sticking with Jason Vargas AND wants him in the rotation for next season. Oh joy!

Fcking moron. Corey Oswalt's been pitching lights out lately and has earned his spot in rotation. I hate our manager. he sucks.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/07/why-jason-vargas-remains-in-mets-plans-despite-brutal-2018/

At this current moment, he's our fourth highest paid player. We can't afford to eat that contract...
25 Man Roster: 45 Million dollar payroll
Disabled List: 86 Million dollars

Only Tampa currently has a lower 25 man roster payroll, White Sox are right there with us.
We're 22 million dollars away from the second place Giants in terms of dollars on the disabled list.

He look on the bright side, after this year we no longer have to pay Beltran.
Only 17 more years for Bonilla and and only 11 more years for Saberhagen.

I wish there was a college course on the futility of Met economics.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,157

Post#4615 » by Knickfan1982 » Wed Aug 8, 2018 3:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Clueless Callaway is sticking with Jason Vargas AND wants him in the rotation for next season. Oh joy!

Trade him to Baltimore for Mark Trumbo. Mets essentially pay $3 million dollars for a first base upgrade to hold the fort down until Alonso's ready. Orioles save $3 million dollars by trading an eminently replaceable power hitting 1st base/DH hitter while taking a flyer that Vargas can bounce back and bring a better return next Trade deadline.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#4616 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 8, 2018 4:25 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:

Trade him to Baltimore for Mark Trumbo. Mets essentially pay $3 million dollars for a first base upgrade to hold the fort down until Alonso's ready. Orioles save $3 million dollars by trading an eminently replaceable power hitting 1st base/DH hitter while taking a flyer that Vargas can bounce back and bring a better return next Trade deadline.

We're going to bring Alonso up soon. Fck Vargas. Trade him for another minor league relief pitcher.
POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#4617 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 8, 2018 4:34 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:

At this current moment, he's our fourth highest paid player. We can't afford to eat that contract...
25 Man Roster: 45 Million dollar payroll
Disabled List: 86 Million dollars

Only Tampa currently has a lower 25 man roster payroll, White Sox are right there with us.
We're 22 million dollars away from the second place Giants in terms of dollars on the disabled list.

He look on the bright side, after this year we no longer have to pay Beltran.
Only 17 more years for Bonilla and and only 11 more years for Saberhagen.

I wish there was a college course on the futility of Met economics.

:rofl:
POSTING POLICIES:
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Post#4618 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:24 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:We're going to bring Alonso up soon. Fck Vargas. Trade him for another minor league relief pitcher.

I can't believe I had hopes of him being a capable fifth starter, goes to show that even when you have low expectations you can be disappointed.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,639

Post#4619 » by mpharris36 » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:26 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:We're going to bring Alonso up soon. Fck Vargas. Trade him for another minor league relief pitcher.

I can't believe I had hopes of him being a capable fifth starter, goes to show that even when you have low expectations you can be disappointed.

the man goes from an 18 game winner in the AL to a guy that has a pitching line similar to position players pitching mop up duty in the major leagues.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#4620 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:50 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

the man goes from an 18 game winner in the AL to a guy that has a pitching line similar to position players pitching mop up duty in the major leagues.

His peripherals were not that good from last year and he had a lousy second half. Can't judge these pitchers on wins.
POSTING POLICIES:

Return to New York Knicks