ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA: Trades, Transactions, and Taj Threads

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: Around the NBA: Trades, Transactions, and Taj Threads 

Post#521 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Aug 7, 2018 8:26 pm

Philly has $35M coming off the books at the end of this upcoming season. THAT's why you trust the process.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,842

Post#522 » by cgf » Tue Aug 7, 2018 8:37 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:So with Philly, is it a prerequisite that all their draft picks get hurt before suiting up? Is THAT the damn process? Latest of the walking wounded, Zhaire Smith.

Trust the process, right?

I actually hope Mikal becomes the piece they desperately need. That was foul what they did to him.

...... and his moms still has to show up to work every day :nonono:

Huh? They spared him from having a season-ending injury!
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#523 » by cuyankees » Tue Aug 7, 2018 9:36 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:So with Philly, is it a prerequisite that all their draft picks get hurt before suiting up? Is THAT the damn process? Latest of the walking wounded, Zhaire Smith.

Surprised no one has picked up on this, there’s a reason they’re “injured”. Philly realized that throwing the wolves to the fire is dumb so give them a year or less to sit, watch and learn how to be an adult in the NBA, similar to back in the day when QBs would sit and grab a clipboard.

So they’re intentionally injuring their players...? Yeah, no. No conspiracy theories, please. Teams don’t fake injuries to let them sit a year.

No mention of intentionally injuring players, they just list them with an injury, prolong and take time w recovery and player eases into the process. Statistically, it’s almost impossible that nearly every 1st rder they drafted of late has ended up “injured” and sits a year.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#524 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 9:39 pm

cuyankees wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Surprised no one has picked up on this, there’s a reason they’re “injured”. Philly realized that throwing the wolves to the fire is dumb so give them a year or less to sit, watch and learn how to be an adult in the NBA, similar to back in the day when QBs would sit and grab a clipboard.

So they’re intentionally injuring their players...? Yeah, no. No conspiracy theories, please. Teams don’t fake injuries to let them sit a year.

No mention of intentionally injuring players, they just list them with an injury, prolong and take time w recovery and player eases into the process. Statistically, it’s almost impossible that nearly every 1st rder they drafted of late has ended up “injured” and sits a year.

You don't **** with Jones fractures - that's why teams err on the safe side. Embiid had multiple injuries, Fultz had shoulder problems and then forgot how to shoot, etc. It's not like they're missing entire seasons with a jammed thumb or a twisted ankle - these are legit injuries.

Here's an image of the injuries to their draftees. Which ones are bogus?

Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#525 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Aug 7, 2018 10:07 pm

More interesting, did Philly even try to get Kawhi Leonard? I thought he was the missing piece and would have made the Sixers a serious threat to the Celtics.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#526 » by cuyankees » Tue Aug 7, 2018 11:14 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:So they’re intentionally injuring their players...? Yeah, no. No conspiracy theories, please. Teams don’t fake injuries to let them sit a year.

You don't **** with Jones fractures - that's why teams err on the safe side. Embiid had multiple injuries, Fultz had shoulder problems and then forgot how to shoot, etc. It's not like they're missing entire seasons with a jammed thumb or a twisted ankle - these are legit injuries.

Uhhh, Shoulder injury and Staying Overseas... Duh
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#527 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 11:47 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:More interesting, did Philly even try to get Kawhi Leonard? I thought he was the missing piece and would have made the Sixers a serious threat to the Celtics.

The Colangelo burner account thing and his subsequent firing left them a rudderless ship this summer.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#528 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Aug 8, 2018 1:00 am

cuyankees wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:No mention of intentionally injuring players, they just list them with an injury, prolong and take time w recovery and player eases into the process. Statistically, it’s almost impossible that nearly every 1st rder they drafted of late has ended up “injured” and sits a year.

Uhhh, Shoulder injury and Staying Overseas... Duh

Saric was still under contract for another 2 years at the time, I believe, which would have made his buyout from his club significantly higher. Waiting a year reduced the price he would have to pay out of pocket, because the release point was more than what the 76ers could offer. So, no, Saric staying overseas doesn't count.

Korkmaz was not ready for the NBA, and he too was still under contract and needed to be bought out from his contract. So, no, Korkmaz staying overseas does not count.

Nobody knows the severity of Fultz's shoulder injury, so that should not count either...the yips, yeah, that was odd. But the shoulder injury is fair. I'll give you half of this.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,842

Post#529 » by cgf » Wed Aug 8, 2018 1:13 am

I'm still half expecting Philly to trade Fultz before anyone ever sees him play again.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#530 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 12:24 pm

cgf wrote:I'm still half expecting Philly to trade Fultz before anyone ever sees him play again.

I actually see this team taking a step back.
Embiid is a stud and Simmons is on his way.
But they need some solid vets.
Reddick is low key good with young players and apparently that’s Amir’s worth but I dunno....

There’s an immaturity on this team that’s gonna stand in their way without a few David West, Rondo types to keep their locker room right. Teams are gonna come AT them this year.

I actually think Fultz can be really good though.
He seems douchey but I think he can be as good as if not better than Ben Simmons especially offensively. But he’s gonna need a solid vet as well to stay in his ear and keep him a professional in all ways.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,209

Post#531 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Aug 9, 2018 12:50 pm

You guys are really sleeping on fultz. Dudes about to show out this upcoming season.

They wont be the best team in the east(raptors will be) but they'll be rite behind them.

I think their better than boston.

1.raptors
2.76ers
3.celtics
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#532 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Aug 9, 2018 1:48 pm

We’ll see. I still think Boston has the hunger, the talent, and the edge. They came within a half of the NBA Finals w/o their two best players.

The Sixers got 86’d because Simmons has no shot. Celtics kept the ball from going inside. Forced Simmons to make his shots. Made the team mortal.

1. Celtics
2. Toronto
3. Sixers
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Post#533 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 9, 2018 2:06 pm

1.celtics
2.sixers
3.raptors
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#534 » by HEZI » Thu Aug 9, 2018 2:26 pm

Raptors better hope that Nick Nurse can coach, that Kyle Lowry isn't bitter at the organization for the way they played his closest friend and that Kawhi can actually get back to his form from 2016. That team is going through some huge adjustments, I could totally see them having an average at best season. Chemistry and vibe plays a huge role in winning games and the Raps from previous years had that. This new group might just look like a bunch of individuals showing up to work with individual goals rather than team goals.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#535 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Aug 9, 2018 2:37 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:More interesting, did Philly even try to get Kawhi Leonard? I thought he was the missing piece and would have made the Sixers a serious threat to the Celtics.

The Colangelo burner account thing and his subsequent firing left them a rudderless ship this summer.

If Coangelo was a coach or even a GM then I might agree. He's just a Front Office clown who was shown the door.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#536 » by Dantares » Thu Aug 9, 2018 6:44 pm

Kawhi sent out a thank you letter to everyone in San Antonio but I wonder if they will still retire his jersey after all the stuff that went down.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#537 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:03 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:

If Coangelo was a coach or even a GM then I might agree. He's just a Front Office clown who was shown the door.

He was the GM. Brett Brown was the one calling the shots over the summer because there was a void at GM.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,014

Post#538 » by GONYK » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:05 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:The Colangelo burner account thing and his subsequent firing left them a rudderless ship this summer.

He was the GM. Brett Brown was the one calling the shots over the summer because there was a void at GM.

The Sixers did make an offer for Kawhi

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Brian Windhorst and Ramona Shelburne reported Wednesday that the Sixers are among the teams to have made a trade offer to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard, along with the Lakers, Celtics, Clippers and Cavaliers.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/76ers/report-sixers-have-made-trade-offer-kawhi-leonard-pressure-builds-lakers-acquire-him
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,396

Post#539 » by Fat Kat » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:40 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#540 » by magnumt » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:35 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just too many decent, younger or cheap Big Men available.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6

Return to New York Knicks