ImageImageImageImageImage

Keep Hope Alive! Dolan's Not Selling YET.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Illightinati
Senior
And1: 454

Keep Hope Alive! Dolan's Not Selling YET. 

Post#1 » by Illightinati » Thu Aug 9, 2018 5:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Our prayers have not been answered YET.

ONE DAY, ONE DAY they will be.

RealGM
And1: 39,213

Re: Keep Hope Alive! Dolan's Not Selling YET. 

Post#2 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 5:46 pm

I actually don't want him to sell. He cuts the checks without blinking and now he stays away and concentrates on his live entertainment and venue endeavors. What more do y'all want? A new owner could easily be another Wilpon. The devil you know is often better than the devil you don't know.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
And1: 815

Post#3 » by Jonathan starks » Thu Aug 9, 2018 7:06 pm

2010 wrote:I actually don't want him to sell. He cuts the checks without blinking and now he stays away and concentrates on his live entertainment and venue endeavors. What more do y'all want? A new owner could easily be another Wilpon. The devil you know is often better than the devil you don't know.

I wouldn’t mind him firing mills and hiring someone with a track record....but mills could do no wrong as far Dolan is concerned
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,570

Post#4 » by Knick4Real » Thu Aug 9, 2018 7:20 pm

Be careful what you wish for... because you just might get it!

We are ONE year away from one of the biggest free agency summers in years. We're on track to acquire maybe 1 or possibly 2 top free agents AND we have an owner willing to open his checkbook and make it happen.

Do you REALLY want some unknown new owner to come along and possibly ruin everything by being cheap??

Pray that Dolan waits until AFTER next summer if he's going to sell.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#5 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Aug 9, 2018 7:26 pm

Nervous with trepidation. Why?

The Yankees were bought by CBS and every one thought that was a good idea.

They were TERRIBLE until some guy who graduated from Ohio State was DENIED buying the Cleveland Indians and bought the Yankees for $8.7M.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#6 » by Billy Goat » Thu Aug 9, 2018 7:42 pm

Knick4Real wrote:Be careful what you wish for... because you just might get it!

We are ONE year away from one of the biggest free agency summers in years. We're on track to acquire maybe 1 or possibly 2 top free agents AND we have an owner willing to open his checkbook and make it happen.

Do you REALLY want some unknown new owner to come along and possibly ruin everything by being cheap??

Pray that Dolan waits until AFTER next summer if he's going to sell.

Is there an NBA owner that wouldnt open their checkbook for a proven superstar? That's not a reason to be pro Dolan.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#7 » by kane2021 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 7:57 pm

I don’t have no issue with how things are going right now. I’m not a fan of mills. But so far it seems like he’s letting Perry do his job. Or at least greatly values his opinion. I like how they handled the Carmelo situation. That’s not an outcome I’ve learned to expect from the knicks. Nor was the willy situation. The mudiay trade. Signing mario. I’m pleased with what they did in this draft. Fiz is a different type of coach. I like what he’s saying too.

We’re young. Big. Long. Athletic. We have several recent lottery picks. I think this will be a fun season. We have options. A little flexibility. I’m totally fine with the knicks right now. And if we stay this course things will start looking good soon. So long as everyone is allowed to do their jobs. And are on the same page. I’m good with the knicks as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Post#8 » by cgf » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:08 pm

2010 wrote:I actually don't want him to sell. He cuts the checks without blinking and now* he stays away and concentrates on his live entertainment and venue endeavors. What more do y'all want? A new owner could easily be another Wilpon. The devil you know is often better than the devil you don't know.

*for now
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#9 » by cuyankees » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:11 pm

Knicks are the most valuable team in the league so a “cheap” new owner isn’t buying them. Come on guys seriously...
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#10 » by magnumt » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:17 pm

cuyankees wrote:Knicks are the most valuable team in the league so a “cheap” new owner isn’t buying them. Come on guys seriously...

Unless it's the Bucks daughter, it'll most likely be a team of people buying them if they sold. Meaning too many cooks in the kitchen, and a more stingy wallet than Dolan.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by Jonathan starks » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:31 pm

kane2021 wrote:I don’t have no issue with how things are going right now. I’m not a fan of mills. But so far it seems like he’s letting Perry do his job. Or at least greatly values his opinion. I like how they handled the Carmelo situation. That’s not an outcome I’ve learned to expect from the knicks. Nor was the willy situation. The mudiay trade. Signing mario. I’m pleased with what they did in this draft. Fiz is a different type of coach. I like what he’s saying too.

We’re young. Big. Long. Athletic. We have several recent lottery picks. I think this will be a fun season. We have options. A little flexibility. I’m totally fine with the knicks right now. And if we stay this course things will start looking good soon. So long as everyone is allowed to do their jobs. And are on the same page. I’m good with the knicks as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Why does everyone assume Perry is in charge of the decision making?
RealGM

Post#12 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:31 pm

For those of you who don't like Mills and want him gone. Please understand that if Dolan doesn't have someone he trusts in the mix that is when he tends to meddle.

He is leaving the Knicks alone now cuz he trusts Mills. Just as he left the Rangers alone once he trusted Sather.

So as long as Dolan stays away and Perry is here then I got no reason to want Mills gone or Dolan to sell.

Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by Jonathan starks » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:38 pm

2010 wrote:For those of you who don't like Mills and want him gone. Please understand that if Dolan doesn't have someone he trusts in the mix that is when he tends to mettle.

He is leaving the Knicks alone now cuz he trusts Mills. Just as he left the Rangers alone once he trusted Sather.

So as long as Dolan stays away and Perry is here then I got no reason to want Mills gone or Dolan to sell.

That’s why we want Dolan gone. He puts his trust in the wrong person.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,638

Post#14 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:41 pm

He's waiting until we start winning, take all the credit, and then raise the price. lol
Free Palestine
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#15 » by F N 11 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:43 pm

The Rangers are good though. This is way overblown since he stopped caring about interfering.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by Jonathan starks » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:50 pm

K P 6 wrote:The Rangers are good though. This is way overblown since he stopped caring about interfering.

The rangers guy Dolan trusts is good at his job, so far Mills has proven he sucks at his job. That’s the difference
RealGM

Post#17 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:52 pm

Jonathan starks wrote:
2010 wrote:For those of you who don't like Mills and want him gone. Please understand that if Dolan doesn't have someone he trusts in the mix that is when he tends to mettle.

Well take solace in the fact Mills has placed his trust in the right person. Scott Perry.

Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by Jonathan starks » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:56 pm

2010 wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:

Well take solace in the fact Mills has placed his trust in the right person. Scott Perry.

Why do you think Mills is just a figurehead? And what makes Scott Perry so great? I’m taking a wait and see approach with him.
RealGM

Post#19 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:57 pm

Jonathan starks wrote:
2010 wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:

Why do you think Mills is just a figurehead? And what makes Scott Perry so great? I’m taking a wait and see approach with him.

I don't wanna derail but Scott Perry hasn't made a move I have disliked yet. Can you name one unsatisfactory move he's made?

Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by Jonathan starks » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:02 pm

2010 wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:
2010 wrote:

I don't wanna derail but Scott Perry hasn't made a move I have disliked yet. Can you name one unsatisfactory move he's made?

If I agree with your premise that Perry is the one making the moves, then, yes, I haven’t disagreed with anything since he’s been hired, but he also hasn’t done anything to blow me away either. I was encouraged by summer league, but it’s too early to be happy about our draft. So far looking good though.

Return to New York Knicks