ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj Knicks plan to cut Noah - Update Pg 52: Noah Will Be Cut Next Wk

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,180

Re: Woj Knicks plan to not reincorporate Noah and cut him in September 

Post#281 » by DOT » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:43 pm

cuyankees wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
cuyankees wrote:You said something different bc you didn’t know about the deadline, they’re the same debates.

Must feel nice to have that mod designation so people must watch boundaries against you, but you can spew obscenities against non mod posters. We went through this w your MEM trade nonsense and you stopped after realizing you got caught w 2 trades setting a precedence in draft value vs savings and debunking your idiotic MEM trade. Do I really have to school you again about how the following are the same?

KP plays this year, he has an extension.

KP doesn’t have an extension, he doesn’t play.

1 doesn’t happen wout the other.

You keep saying this with no basis

Just cause you keep saying it doesn't make it true. I gave you an example of a player with the exact same injury as KP not getting an extension in the offseason and playing anyway, but instead of addressing that, you chose to whine about me saying you're full of sh*t

Yeah sure, that makes sense Zach vs KP, yeah those are similar scenarios. Cool story bro.

So, you got nothing then?

Cool.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#282 » by cuyankees » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:45 pm

K-DOT wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
K-DOT wrote:You keep saying this with no basis

Just cause you keep saying it doesn't make it true. I gave you an example of a player with the exact same injury as KP not getting an extension in the offseason and playing anyway, but instead of addressing that, you chose to whine about me saying you're full of sh*t

Yeah sure, that makes sense Zach vs KP, yeah those are similar scenarios. Cool story bro.

Cool.

If you can’t differentiate the difference Zach and KP, how those scenarios are different, why Zach would play bc he’s not guaranteed a max deal, then this forum made a mistake in your common sense and should revoke your mod status.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#283 » by DOT » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:46 pm

cuyankees wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Yeah sure, that makes sense Zach vs KP, yeah those are similar scenarios. Cool story bro.

Cool.

If you can’t differentiate the difference Zach and KP, how those scenarios are different, why Zach would play bc he’s not guaranteed a max deal, then this forum made a mistake in your common sense and should revoke your mod status.

You agree KP is getting a max no matter what happens

So why wouldn't he play this year?

There's literally no reason not to if he's healthy
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
cuyankees
Veteran

Post#284 » by cuyankees » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:54 pm

K-DOT wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
K-DOT wrote:So, you got nothing then?

Cool.

You serious? This really needs explaining to you? You ever play organized sports? You blow out your knee, come back and what may happen? You blow out your other knee bc of mental/physical over compensation for your recently injured knee.

I’ll take the bait bc in our debates you’ve shown a lack of common sense/reading comprehension so I’ll spell it out.

So yeah, play and risk another injury when you’re most susceptible to a new injury before securing your 500% a year pay raise. Yeah, that makes sense...

How you are a **** mod?! Should be ashamed.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#285 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:57 pm

cuyankees wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
cuyankees wrote:If you can’t differentiate the difference Zach and KP, how those scenarios are different, why Zach would play bc he’s not guaranteed a max deal, then this forum made a mistake in your common sense and should revoke your mod status.

You serious? This really needs explaining to you? You ever play organized sports? You blow out your knee, come back and what may happen? You blow out your other knee bc of mental/physical over compensation for your recently injured knee.

I’ll take the bait bc in our debates you’ve shown a lack of common sense/reading comprehension so I’ll spell it out.

So yeah, play and risk another injury when you’re most susceptible to a new injury before securing your 500% a year pay raise. Yeah, that makes sense...

Be careful with that enlarged portion. There's a new initiative going around (at least with me) that we can't allude to questioning another poster's intelligence/comprehension. So JVG might be coming for you bro. :lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#286 » by DOT » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:57 pm

cuyankees wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
cuyankees wrote:If you can’t differentiate the difference Zach and KP, how those scenarios are different, why Zach would play bc he’s not guaranteed a max deal, then this forum made a mistake in your common sense and should revoke your mod status.

You clearly missed the part where I said "if he's healthy"

I'm not saying rush him back. If he rehabs right (which most players do), then he plays this year. You're trying to argue a different hypothetical
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#287 » by DOT » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:00 pm

2010 wrote:Be careful with that enlarged portion. There's a new initiate going around (at least with me). JVG might be coming for you bro. :lol:

I mean, I can take it

I've said worse to people
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

RealGM

Post#288 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:02 pm

K-DOT wrote:
2010 wrote:Be careful with that enlarged portion. There's a new initiate going around (at least with me). JVG might be coming for you bro. :lol:

I mean, I can take it

I've said worse to people

Apparently others can't :lol:

(at least not from me). I got a bad rep around here, I guess.

cuyankees
Veteran

Post#289 » by cuyankees » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:08 pm

K-DOT wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
K-DOT wrote:You agree KP is getting a max no matter what happens

I'm not saying rush him back. If he rehabs right (which most players do), then he plays this year. You're trying to argue a different hypothetical

Is this the twilight zone? 1st, you need KP max extension deduction explained to you. 2nd, you need basic reinjury probability for an athlete explained. 3rd, we're done here bc not going to explain elementary basketball principles to you when you're the mod of a basketball forum. Ass backwards like your logic huh?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#290 » by DOT » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:12 pm

cuyankees wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
cuyankees wrote:You serious? This really needs explaining to you? You ever play organized sports? You blow out your knee, come back and what may happen? You blow out your other knee bc of mental/physical over compensation for your recently injured knee.

Is this the twilight zone? 1st, you need KP max extension deduction explained to you. 2nd, you need basic reinjury probability for an athlete explained. 3rd, we're done here bc not going to explain elementary basketball principles to you when you're the mod of a basketball forum. Ass backwards like your logic huh?

I don't even know what you're rambling on about at this point. You're writhing around trying to have a "gotcha" moment, but you're just wrong on all accounts. And we are done here, since you're not trying to have an actual discussion, you're just desperately trying to twist being wrong into being right
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

cuyankees
Veteran

Post#291 » by cuyankees » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:29 pm

K-DOT wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
K-DOT wrote:You clearly missed the part where I said "if he's healthy"

I don't even know what you're rambling on about at this point. You're writhing around trying to have a "gotcha" moment, but you're just wrong on all accounts. And we are done here, since you're not trying to have an actual discussion, you're just desperately trying to twist being wrong into being right

1. inability to do basic arthimetic and understand Lee & Noah must go w a KP max ext.
2. inability to understand why your MEM trade is idiotic
3. inability to understand the diff bc KP only plays w a max ext this year.
4. inability to understand that a player won't play returning from knee injury to avoid risk reinjury before securing a 500% year raise.

Lay it out basic for you bc you're basic. How are you a fcking mod?!
aznsk91
Junior
And1: 195

Post#292 » by aznsk91 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:34 pm

K-DOT wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
K-DOT wrote:You clearly missed the part where I said "if he's healthy"

just gonna chime in

KP is in a unique situation, where assuming he's not offered a max extension before this season, he doesn't have an incentive to play this season. because he is such a highly prized player, even if he doesn't play this season, he will be payed the max (unlike a player like lavine). it comes down to risk for players, you can rehab perfectly, take all the time you need to come back, but can still get re-injured. the likeliness of re-injury is of course incredibly low, but even if there is a 1% chance of re-injury, why would one risk it when career earnings are on the line. that 1% chance could amount to $120+ million dollars. personally if I was in KP's shoes, selfish as it may be for fans, I would make the decision that 100% guaranteed my financial future (even if it was just a 1% chance, I would not risk being a Isiah Thomas). later in my career when I've made $100+ millions, than yeah I could start looking into taking paycuts or sacrifices to make the team better, as my goals shift. but not now, with my first NBA contract to guarantee my future. its why so few players in only desperate circumstances take their qualifying offer in restricted free agency.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#293 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:39 pm

2010 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
2010 wrote:
1. So CBA scenarios, factors, and my use of the word "options" are now relegated to "opinions"? Gotcha!
Hmmm, maybe you should look closer at my original enlarged red wording, then take a look at your # "1." then reevaluate or scrutinize your own comprehension

2. Again, I'm recognizing peoples inability to process and comprehend a perspective other than their own and understand what does and doesn't work under the premise

3. I lose no sleep over you being butthurt that I questioned others' intelligence.

So now, since you're the questioning of intelligence police. Go wave your finger at the dude who said whoever doesn't share his OPINION on which free agents are likeliest to sign here that he has a bridge to sell them. Essentially calling them dumb/gullible. Or are you choosey with who you choose to take this stance with?

Since this is your new initiative (if you gonna be consistent with it), it'll likely keep you very busy. You know, being how people question others' intelligence around here pretty much all the time. And less eloquently than how I chose to do it.

typo :dontknow:

still not conducive to good faith conversation to question people's intelligence over disagreements.

i'm a moderator. it's my responsibility to make sure conversations here are respectful and not bait-laden.

you out here doing a lot. don't act like this is new with you.

If that's your stance and you laying the law then don't be profiling with it. Be consistent with it all the way around. In this thread alone there have been others. Yet you choose to nitpick with me when I didn't even word my piece in an inflammatory fashion. I never called no names. I didn't even get no type of chippy with it. I actually extended you a compliment initially. You choose to turn that on it's head as a way to throw shade my way on some holier than thou mess.

Cool.

Yeah, you a mod...you the police now. Lets see what you do with it. Looks to me like you out here profiling and being picky with who you enforce things with. So when you in the social injustice threads I don't really wanna see you complaining when the law does that in real life. I highlighted a post doing exactly what you accused me of and SILENCE. Straight blind eye. And the funny thing is it was the same dude who was asking me to explain why I questioned his intelligence. And yet I explained myself eloquently with no disses or insults. And he was cool with that. Yet you wanted to label it bait and you still are. Instead of being a man and saying you read my intentions wrong and manning up about you messing up on your comprehension. That wasn't no typo. That was a gross oversight on your behalf that skewed what you THOUGHT you saw.

I'm out here doing a lot? Nah, I been having cool conversations about basketball. I haven't gotten into it with anyone today. Until you tried to say I was baiting someone. No one else has had a single issue with what I said and especially not after I explained myself. If anyone doing a lot it's you. You taking the blue too seriously. It was people on here cussin' eachother out earlier today. One mod I respect addressed it perfectly. Nothing from you. Yet you wanna nitpick stuff that didn't even need to be addressed from me. Now you tryna spin it on me like I'm some serial troller or baiter.

If you got an issue with me due to a past or preconceived notion, that's on you. But maybe it's just a case of you getting a new gun and being itchy to shoot.

Well I'ma tell you like this player. I will continue to question the intelligence of others if I deem it fit. As long as I do so respectfully and eloquently it shouldn't be no problem. And if you want to make it a problem when I do, then that's on you. But then I wanna see you also make it a problem when ANYONE around here questions another poster's intelligence. Especially when they do it a lot less politely than I did.

wild extra. you still doing a lot. right now. this is a lot. maybe not qualifying as "the most". but i'll go with 'a lot.'

we were talking about opinions before. options and opinions are very easy words to mistype. i do it quite a bit. but you can think what you'd like. again, no sleep lost.

about your complaint, i didn't see it. i have unfortunately been in this back-and-forth with you of late, not reading through every page of this post. if you want me to see something, please quote me or PM me and i'll be happy to address.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
RealGM

Post#294 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:54 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
2010 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
typo :dontknow:

still not conducive to good faith conversation to question people's intelligence over disagreements.

i'm a moderator. it's my responsibility to make sure conversations here are respectful and not bait-laden.

you out here doing a lot. don't act like this is new with you.

If that's your stance and you laying the law then don't be profiling with it. Be consistent with it all the way around. In this thread alone there have been others. Yet you choose to nitpick with me when I didn't even word my piece in an inflammatory fashion. I never called no names. I didn't even get no type of chippy with it. I actually extended you a compliment initially. You choose to turn that on it's head as a way to throw shade my way on some holier than thou mess.

Cool.

Yeah, you a mod...you the police now. Lets see what you do with it. Looks to me like you out here profiling and being picky with who you enforce things with. So when you in the social injustice threads I don't really wanna see you complaining when the law does that in real life. I highlighted a post doing exactly what you accused me of and SILENCE. Straight blind eye. And the funny thing is it was the same dude who was asking me to explain why I questioned his intelligence. And yet I explained myself eloquently with no disses or insults. And he was cool with that. Yet you wanted to label it bait and you still are. Instead of being a man and saying you read my intentions wrong and manning up about you messing up on your comprehension. That wasn't no typo. That was a gross oversight on your behalf that skewed what you THOUGHT you saw.

I'm out here doing a lot? Nah, I been having cool conversations about basketball. I haven't gotten into it with anyone today. Until you tried to say I was baiting someone. No one else has had a single issue with what I said and especially not after I explained myself. If anyone doing a lot it's you. You taking the blue too seriously. It was people on here cussin' eachother out earlier today. One mod I respect addressed it perfectly. Nothing from you. Yet you wanna nitpick stuff that didn't even need to be addressed from me. Now you tryna spin it on me like I'm some serial troller or baiter.

If you got an issue with me due to a past or preconceived notion, that's on you. But maybe it's just a case of you getting a new gun and being itchy to shoot.

Well I'ma tell you like this player. I will continue to question the intelligence of others if I deem it fit. As long as I do so respectfully and eloquently it shouldn't be no problem. And if you want to make it a problem when I do, then that's on you. But then I wanna see you also make it a problem when ANYONE around here questions another poster's intelligence. Especially when they do it a lot less politely than I did.

wild extra. you still doing a lot. right now. this is a lot. maybe not qualifying as "the most". but i'll go with 'a lot.'

we were talking about opinions before. options and opinions are very easy words to mistype. i do it quite a bit. but you can think what you'd like. again, no sleep lost.

about your complaint, i didn't see it. i have unfortunately been in this back-and-forth with you of late, not reading through every page of this post. if you want me to see something, please quote me or PM me and i'll be happy to address.

How you didn't see it when you replied to the post where I quoted it, specifically mentioning it to you? :lol:

Basically you just confirmed you not even thoroughly reading what I've been replying to you. You just read what you want to read, specifically if you feel I am "baiting" or questioning someone's intelligence. I'm done yo. I'm not even gonna bother going on with this anymore. I'll just post my way. You post your way. And lets stay out of eachother's way. As long as I ain't cussin' nobody out, calling no one out of their name, or "doing the most" please just leave me alone from here on out.

Obviously you don't like how I rock. Cuz you spoke as if I had a history you got an issue with. And likewise, I ain't feelin' how you rock with how you was coming at me. So I got nothing more to say to you dude.

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,727

Post#295 » by cgf » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:00 pm

cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Yeah, I don't know why that guy keeps saying if KP plays a second this season, the Knicks have to extend him on the spot

I don't think there's a precedence for giving a player a max extension in the middle of the season. If it were to happen before next offseason, it'd be before the season starts, and we're not gonna extend him before this year, it just doesn't make any sense for us

He’s against signing anyone in 2019 and clinging to every road block he can to convince himself it’s impossible & Pills are dumb to even consider it

I’m playing being an irrational fanatic who thinks that players take discounts to come to the Knicks, players who have “understandings” about a max deal for delaying it, and thinking THJ & Lee have + value in any trade.

Except signing a max cat no longer requires any of that. No discounts, no understandings, no trading Lee or THJr. Stretching Noah is all that was required, i’ve shown this to you multiple times and it continues to be true despite how badly you wish it were not. We can sign Kyrie to a full max with THJr & Lee on the books, and still give KP his max extension.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,727

Post#296 » by cgf » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:24 pm

GONYK wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
GONYK wrote:That's literally what everyone is saying

No, he’s the 1st to actually admit to that. I applaud it bc that’s true fandom and some would say completely illogical, hoping that a player will sacrifice/risk so much for the mere chance of signing a FA.

What is KP risking or sacrificing?

Not screwing the Knicks over...for reasons...
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cuyankees
Veteran

Post#297 » by cuyankees » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:28 pm

cgf wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:
He’s against signing anyone in 2019 and clinging to every road block he can to convince himself it’s impossible & Pills are dumb to even consider it

I’m playing being an irrational fanatic who thinks that players take discounts to come to the Knicks, players who have “understandings” about a max deal for delaying it, and thinking THJ & Lee have + value in any trade.

Except signing a max cat no longer requires any of that. No discounts, no understandings, no trading Lee or THJr. Stretching Noah is all that was required, i’ve shown this to you multiple times and it continues to be true despite how badly you wish it were not. We can sign Kyrie to a full max with THJr & Lee on the books, and still give KP his max extension.

For everyone posting about max slots and not realizing, how easy/hard it will to get a max slot

Noah 6.433333333
THJ 18.15
Lee 12.76
Frank 4.885
MR 1.559
Knox 3.74
19' 1st 4.422
19' 2nd 1.79285
KP 27
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
sum 83.15166333

$~25mn in space assuming KP gets his max extension before Oct.

It isn't an "or" with Noah/Lee, it's an "and".

Now do you understand the key diff in our scenarios?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,371

Post#298 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:37 pm

well damn. a lot going on in here. can everyone calm down ? i'm on a summer schedule, i can't keep up with all this drama.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#299 » by Spree2Houston » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 am

Spree2Houston wrote:In a way, teams will now have less leverage over us when trading for Courtney Lee. Now they know we already have a Max slot set for next summer and we're only dumping Lee's contract for the sake of opening up minutes for the youngsters. It won't be a repeat of 2010 when Donnie Walsh was bent over by Morey and traded Jordan Hill, 1st round pick and Jefferies for a expiring T-mac all for the sake of having the extra 6 mil in capspace. Morey took advantage of our situation. Now teams won't really have that leverage over us since we would already have the max slot set by stretching Noah and dumping Lee now would only mean resigning someone like Hezonja which isn't a dealbreaker for us.

BUMP..this is exactly what I said on the 1st page

Read on Twitter
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#300 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:46 am

Spree2Houston wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:In a way, teams will now have less leverage over us when trading for Courtney Lee. Now they know we already have a Max slot set for next summer and we're only dumping Lee's contract for the sake of opening up minutes for the youngsters. It won't be a repeat of 2010 when Donnie Walsh was bent over by Morey and traded Jordan Hill, 1st round pick and Jefferies for a expiring T-mac all for the sake of having the extra 6 mil in capspace. Morey took advantage of our situation. Now teams won't really have that leverage over us since we would already have the max slot set by stretching Noah and dumping Lee now would only mean resigning someone like Hezonja which isn't a dealbreaker for us.

BUMP..this is exactly what I said on the 1st page

Read on Twitter

Why is this so hard to grasp??
Everybody knows we are going on on 2019 free agency. Nobody is gonna do us any favors.
We are gonna get bent over in any Lee trade.
It’s not like he’s gonna get rotation minutes to showcase himself. His value was at its peak last year when we were winning a few games and he was a top three point guy in the league. If Kyrie is coming then let’s do a Lebron to LA type thing an build the team incrementally.

I hate this entire free agency telegraphing stuff.
I do think the interest is real this time but I also know so much of that is from us operating like a real team. The league is taking note but we aren’t there yet. We have to fortify this new reputation with consistency.

Return to New York Knicks