ImageImageImageImageImage

Keep Hope Alive! Dolan's Not Selling YET.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Re: Keep Hope Alive! Dolan's Not Selling YET. 

Post#21 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:07 pm

If we're keeping this reasoning let's keep Donald Trump as President. You never know, Hitler 2.0 may be next. Devil you know is better than the devil you don't.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,527

Post#22 » by cgmw » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:10 pm

Also from this interview—Dolan has a song about his friend Harvey Weinstein on his new album.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
RealGM
And1: 39,190

Post#23 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:55 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:If we're keeping this reasoning let's keep Donald Trump as President. You never know, Hitler 2.0 may be next. Devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

You lowkey tryna turn this into a political thread but Dolan cuts the checks and stays away. What is the good element(s) that Trump brings? I'll wait...

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,205

Post#24 » by Kampuchea » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:15 pm

2010 wrote:I actually don't want him to sell. He cuts the checks without blinking and now he stays away and concentrates on his live entertainment and venue endeavors. What more do y'all want? A new owner could easily be another Wilpon. The devil you know is often better than the devil you don't know.

I said this recently and was attacked by some jackass poster on here.

As long as he isn’t interfering I see no reason to move on.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,205

Post#25 » by Kampuchea » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:18 pm

Here- viewtopic.php?p=68112230#p68112230

He made a few rambling posts about it.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,228

Post#26 » by DOT » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:19 pm

2010 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:If we're keeping this reasoning let's keep Donald Trump as President. You never know, Hitler 2.0 may be next. Devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

You lowkey tryna turn this into a political thread but Dolan cuts the checks and stays away. What is the good element(s) that Trump brings? I'll wait...

I'm fine if Dolan stays out of it like he has been the last few years, but MP4 has a point

It's always easy to say "it could be worse" cause the unknown is much scarier than the known, it's why most good horror movies don't show the monster fully until the end.

IMO, it's more the fact that it's the Knicks than Dolan that's why he's fine with spending whatever. It's easy to throw money around when you own a team that's always making money no matter what
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
RealGM

Post#27 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:24 pm

K-DOT wrote:
2010 wrote:

I'm fine if Dolan stays out of it like he has been the last few years, but MP4 has a point

It's always easy to say "it could be worse" cause the unknown is much scarier than the known, it's why most good horror movies don't show the monster fully until the end.

IMO, it's more the fact that it's the Knicks than Dolan that's why he's fine with spending whatever. It's easy to throw money around when you own a team that's always making money no matter what

It could be the Knicks' brand but I don't buy that any owner in this market will spend. Cuz look at the Mets. And look at what happened when Prokorhov lost his stomach after he didn't yield early results in this market. At least we know Dolan wants to win and will spend whatever necessary to do so. Some new owner may acknowledge this team will turn a profit regardless but may want to increase profits for his own pockets at the expense of winning. I just don't see Dolan as this big problem that some do. Especially now that he seemingly has competent people in place that he trusts.

MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#28 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:51 pm

All I need to do is look at Jame's Dolan's record as Knicks owner since he took over the franchise.

18 years of mostly terrible basketball due to terrible management hired by Dolan, who has admitted that he has interfered in said management in the past.

Nothing has changed about Dolan at all. Steve Mills is not a new face. He's been at MSG for almost the entire duration of Dolan's ownership. He doesn't inspire confidence. The only thing that inspires confidence is that the Knicks can somehow not make bad decisions between now and next year and maybe they can make something positive happen.

Sports is a results-based business. Actually, many jobs. If Dolan produced terrible results working in a cubicle he would've been fired by now. Same goes for sports. You are judged on the results you produce. That's why Jerry Buss, Peter Holt and others were lauded as great owners. That's why Donald Sterling, James Dolan, Michael Jordan are regarded as terrible ones. The fish rots from the head down.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,354

Post#29 » by Fat Kat » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:03 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
RealGM

Post#30 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:09 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:All I need to do is look at Jame's Dolan's record as Knicks owner since he took over the franchise.

18 years of mostly terrible basketball due to terrible management hired by Dolan, who has admitted that he has interfered in said management in the past.

Nothing has changed about Dolan at all. Steve Mills is not a new face. He's been at MSG for almost the entire duration of Dolan's ownership. He doesn't inspire confidence. The only thing that inspires confidence is that the Knicks can somehow not make bad decisions between now and next year and maybe they can make something positive happen.

Sports is a results-based business. Actually, many jobs. If Dolan produced terrible results working in a cubicle he would've been fired by now. Same goes for sports. You are judged on the results you produce. That's why Jerry Buss, Peter Holt and others were lauded as great owners. That's why Donald Sterling, James Dolan, Michael Jordan are regarded as terrible ones. The fish rots from the head down.

So you actually telling me Dolan hasn't changed at all? You telling me he is still meddling? You telling me he is stepping on Scott Perry's toes? You telling me he is still taking input from Isiah? You telling me he is still being advised by McKinsey & Company? You telling me he is still giving CAA the run of MSG?

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,607

Post#31 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:48 am

Illightinati wrote:
Read on Twitter

Our prayers have not been answered YET.

ONE DAY, ONE DAY they will be.

OMG. :lol: Another reason to LOVE Joe f'ing Walsh.
Free Palestine
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#32 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 pm

2010 wrote:I actually don't want him to sell. He cuts the checks without blinking and now he stays away and concentrates on his live entertainment and venue endeavors. What more do y'all want? A new owner could easily be another Wilpon. The devil you know is often better than the devil you don't know.

Agreed 110%
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,

Return to New York Knicks