ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason thread 4.0- Duncan Robinson Era

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Re: Miami Heat Offseason thread 4.0- Duncan Robinson Era 

Post#1441 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:24 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:So people think a trade has happened because Heat twitter posted a cryptic message saying “Big News”. The video included with this message was JJ dunking on a poor soul.

Why would Heat twitter show a video of JJ dunking if he was the one being traded?

Whatever the big news is, Iggie is going to try to sell it like it has made this off-season the best ever.
OP for NBA FT record
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#1442 » by ifrosty13 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:26 am

the news is the schedule coming out guys.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,637

Post#1443 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:50 am

If we trade Whiteside and JJ or Dion for Thompson, Korver and Clarkson, are they all off the books in 2020 and do we save cash right now?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,637

Post#1444 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:52 am

If we trade Dion, Wade starts in his last season lol

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Post#1445 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:16 am

ifrosty13 wrote:the news is the schedule coming out guys.
is that the big news? cant believe that,but chances are that you are probably right
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,008

Post#1446 » by Bourne85 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:30 am

I have a feeling Wade hasn’t signed because Waiters is still here. He will not be Waiters back up. Not in a million years. I expect Waiters in any package we deal. And I for one, couldn’t be happier. Can’t stand Waiters at all. Was quite happy I didn’t have to see him at all last year.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Post#1447 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:22 am

Bourne85 wrote:I have a feeling Wade hasn’t signed because Waiters is still here. He will not be Waiters back up. Not in a million years. I expect Waiters in any package we deal. And I for one, couldn’t be happier. Can’t stand Waiters at all. Was quite happy I didn’t have to see him at all last year.

yea, thats the reason wade hasnt signed.lol
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1448 » by goodboy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:29 am

Surprised Miami Heat still exists

forgot about em
Bright
SG-Three
Ballboy
And1: 51

Post#1449 » by SG-Three » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:43 am

Bourne85 wrote:I have a feeling Wade hasn’t signed because Waiters is still here. He will not be Waiters back up. Not in a million years. I expect Waiters in any package we deal. And I for one, couldn’t be happier. Can’t stand Waiters at all. Was quite happy I didn’t have to see him at all last year.

D-Wade is not that petty. He understands now where he is at this part of his career. The dude played backup to JR Smith and J-Rich without problem. It's all boils down to the money.
SG-Three
Ballboy
And1: 51

Post#1450 » by SG-Three » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:55 am

HEATlanta wrote:If we trade Whiteside and JJ or Dion for Thompson, Korver and Clarkson, are they all off the books in 2020 and do we save cash right now?

I'm one of those guys who has been asking for Whiteside to be traded. But I'm kinda conflicted on this one. Whiteside for Tristan, huh? On one hand, I think he's a major downgrade at the C spot offensively. On the other hand, I believe he brings in more effort and passion through rebounds, screening, and he's probably a better perimeter defender than Whiteside is. The Kardashian curse, though. But if he's coming off the bench anyway, it really doesn't matter. KO and Bam would suffice.

Then we're gonna get Jordan Clarkson. He was pretty good on the Lakers. If Spo can make him much, much more efficient, then he could be something. He can make his own shot. And he's probably more durable than Dion.

Kyle Korver?? He can hit shots, but he's a major defensive liability.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,008

Post#1451 » by Bourne85 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:20 am

You guys are right, I just want Waiters gone :lol:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#1452 » by contract » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 am

He's going to be someone's backup, because he can't play starter minutes.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#1453 » by contract » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:28 am

HEATlanta wrote:If we trade Whiteside and JJ or Dion for Thompson, Korver and Clarkson, are they all off the books in 2020 and do we save cash right now?

Yes and yes. How much money Micky would save depends on what else we do. The JJ scenario would save at least $3,000,000 more than the Waiters scenario.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Wisedude
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#1454 » by Wisedude » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Maybe the Heat do both trades with Cleveland and Houston and also get a Houston 1st round pick.
Heat looking to get alot of contracts off the books by summer 2020.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#1455 » by gom » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:53 pm

I don't think there will be any trades. I'd be surprised actually. I believe Spo & Whiteside have worked out their differences and don't see much point in clearing space now rather than next offseason. We're not competing but still should be a tough first-round out.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Post#1456 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:12 pm

so what's the big news? coming soon was just yesterday :lol:
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1457 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:13 pm

gom wrote:I don't think there will be any trades. I'd be surprised actually. I believe Spo & Whiteside have worked out their differences and don't see much point in clearing space now rather than next offseason. We're not competing but still should be a tough first-round out.

We could expect to have about $72,000,000 in cap space for 2020 If we were to trade Waiters and JJ for 2 year contracts. Winslow(after extension), Bam and Richardson would be the only players on the Heat.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#1458 » by gom » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
gom wrote:I don't think there will be any trades. I'd be surprised actually. I believe Spo & Whiteside have worked out their differences and don't see much point in clearing space now rather than next offseason. We're not competing but still should be a tough first-round out.

We could expect to have about $72,000,000 in cap space for 2020 If we were to trade Waiters and JJ for 2 year contracts. Winslow(after extension), Bam and Richardson would be the only players on the Heat.

Nothing comes for free, especially in the NBA. Changing those contracts into shorter contracts will cost assets we don't have or those few we do. The alternative is playing the players and allowing them to accumulate value. Just the nature of the contracts aging increases their value because a potential trade partner will have a smaller financial commitment.

As a gm, I would hold my cards unless I get a deal that improves the team short-term AND adds assets. Otherwise, there just isn't enough incentive to make a deal, not in a year where even adding a key player won't take us farther than the second round.

We should be attempting to acquire new assets and develop the ones we have so we will have better assets to make a move later. Doing a trade now isn't going to help.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1459 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:02 pm

gom wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

Nothing comes for free, especially in the NBA. Changing those contracts into shorter contracts will cost assets we don't have or those few we do. The alternative is playing the players and allowing them to accumulate value. Just the nature of the contracts aging increases their value because a potential trade partner will have a smaller financial commitment.

As a gm, I would hold my cards unless I get a deal that improves the team short-term AND adds assets. Otherwise, there just isn't enough incentive to make a deal, not in a year where even adding a key player won't take us farther than the second round.

We should be attempting to acquire new assets and develop the ones we have so we will have better assets to make a move later. Doing a trade now isn't going to help.

You don't need assets to trade long term contracts for shorter ones and some players values will only depreciate over time. I'm sure that Houston would be and possibly are interested in trading Anderson for JJ or TJ. Whiteside, I could understand letting him increase his value before trading him.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1460 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Miami Heat Twitter wrote:The 2018 NBA offseason will be incredibly interesting when the Heat announce their Big News.

Spoiler:
OP for NBA FT record

Return to Miami Heat