ImageImageImageImageImage

Personal Faves

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Personal Faves 

Post#1 » by likemycurryhot » Mon Aug 6, 2018 10:30 pm

This topic may have been posted in the past, so, forgive me if it’s been done already.

Straightforward question: who are your Warriors universe favorites? Can be players, coaches, staff, even super fans. Not necessarily the best in any sense but just a person that you’ve really enjoyed watching over the years.

Among mine:

Chris Mullin, NYC dude like me who I actually met while I was in HS and he was at St. John’s. Just a great guy who did things no gravity challenged white guy should have been able to do on the court.

Latrell Sprewell, no matter how things ended at GS, his come up was electric and his aggression was up there with Westbrook’s. Just an amazing all around game.

Steph. Of course.

Leandro Barbosa, so fun to watch in person, no one has ever moved like him on a basketball court.

James Young, I believe he’s some kind of technical coordinator but you may know him as the dude between quarters who adjusts monitors and retrieves balls while wandering around looking super dope with his giant fro and nerdy glasses. I want his job.

Let me know yours.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: Personal Faves 

Post#2 » by donkeylips » Mon Aug 6, 2018 11:12 pm

Tyrone hill, Tim Hardaway, Chris Gatling, Antawn Jamison, Andris beidrins before he gained a vagina, Shaun livingston and Clifford Robinson.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#3 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Aug 7, 2018 12:54 am

J-Rich, Pietrus, Cabarkapa, Jarrett Jack, Foyle, Matt Barnes. It’s a long list but those are a few of them.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#DubNation
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#4 » by hamncheese » Tue Aug 7, 2018 1:57 am

There's a lot but I'll give mention to "Mr. Mean" Larry Smith and the hardhats.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#5 » by Samurai » Tue Aug 7, 2018 3:01 am

Jeff Mullins and Jerry Lucas since I went to their basketball camp.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,258

Post#6 » by CS707 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 3:03 am

The Custodian.
smokeyburgess
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#7 » by smokeyburgess » Wed Aug 8, 2018 2:57 am

George Johnson, shot blocker supreme/vital role player for the '75 champs.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#8 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:13 am

Sprewell is the reason I'm a Warrior fan, and not a Seattle fan.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,422

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:36 am

Coxy wrote:Sprewell is the reason I'm a Warrior fan, and not a Seattle fan.

Why didn't you become a fan of both!? :(
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
likemycurryhot
Senior

Post#10 » by likemycurryhot » Wed Aug 8, 2018 6:56 am

Latrell is still the only professional athlete to appear in one of my dreams. Sometime in 1994 I dreamed that I saw him walking down the stairs of the Supreme Court but while I was looking up at him descending he was also Malcolm X dressed in one of those tight fitting early 60's suits with a white shirt and skinny tie. He looked intense and I felt very inspired. Never quite figured out what it meant but he definitely made an impression on my subconscious.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#11 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 8, 2018 4:23 pm

likemycurryhot wrote:

Latrell is still the only professional athlete to appear in one of my dreams. Sometime in 1994 I dreamed that I saw him walking down the stairs of the Supreme Court but while I was looking up at him descending he was also Malcolm X dressed in one of those tight fitting early 60's suits with a white shirt and skinny tie. He looked intense and I felt very inspired. Never quite figured out what it meant but he definitely made an impression on my subconscious.

1994 Spree was the stuff of dreams.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#12 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 8, 2018 4:25 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Why didn't you become a fan of both!? :(

Oh I was, until the team moved and they drafted Russell Wetsook. I’ll support the new Sonics when they get back, because eff Clay Bennett and Wetsook in the pooper.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,182

Post#13 » by Outside » Wed Aug 8, 2018 10:26 pm

Nate Thurmond -- great, great defender and rebounder, great teammate, so glad I got to see him in person
Steph
Al Attles -- The Destroyer has to be one of the best nicknames ever
The whole 75 team
Klay
Bill King - best announcer ever
Jim Barnett -- what an analyst should be
Coxy
RealGM

Post#14 » by Coxy » Thu Aug 9, 2018 12:14 am

Draymond Green - Say what you want about him, I love the guy. Every great vehicle needs a top engine, and he is that. Completely redefined the term "Role player". I get off from a good slam dunk styled shot, but what really gets me going is little hustle plays, great passes and intangible stuff the casual fan has no idea to look for.

Anthony Tolliver - No-one, and I mean NO-ONE, got dunked on like King Tolly. A legend.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,677

Post#15 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Aug 9, 2018 2:19 am

I will always appreciate Sprewell and a little coach choking won't change that.

On top of being crafty and very good Mullin was the only Warrior that seemed to get along with everybody on the Warriors.

Tim Hardaway was probably my favorite.

I moved to Warriors land when Gatling was a rookie and that team sucked me in for the up and downs and downs and downs that and up up up that followed. Surunas was fun. I liked Ellie and Askew. I thought that team had a bright future.

What if Mitch was traded for Dikembe who was drafted after Owens, and Hardaway and Surunas did not get hurt, and Nellie does not make players feel disrespected, and Ellie and Askew don't leave, and Sprewell still gets drafted by the Warriors? Championships?

We got championships now so it's all good.
likemycurryhot
Senior

Post#16 » by likemycurryhot » Thu Aug 9, 2018 2:39 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I will always appreciate Sprewell and a little coach choking won't change that.

On top of being crafty and very good Mullin was the only Warrior that seemed to get along with everybody on the Warriors.

I moved to Warriors land when Gatling was a rookie and that team sucked me in for the up and downs and downs and downs that and up up up that followed. Surunas was fun. I liked Ellie and Askew. I thought that team had a bright future.

What if Mitch was traded for Dikembe who was drafted after Owens, and Hardaway and Surunas did not get hurt, and Nellie does not make players feel disrespected, and Ellie and Askew don't leave, and Sprewell still gets drafted by the Warriors? Championships?

I forget about Chris Gatling but I’ve always loved high energy bigs and with his touch of craziness he was a favorite for sure.
likemycurryhot
Senior

Post#17 » by likemycurryhot » Thu Aug 9, 2018 2:42 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I will always appreciate Sprewell and a little coach choking won't change that.

Oh, and the hair.
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#18 » by KidPistol » Thu Aug 9, 2018 4:18 am

Wilt - Went to my high school. Has the record for most points in a game by a warrior and in the NBA. A freak of nature for his time and would dominate the game today.

Steph - Most entertaining player I’ve witnessed watching. Greatest shooter.
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#19 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:17 am

Baron Davis- one of those rare situations where you have a player you love and then he comes to your favorite team. It worked out better for me in the NBA than the NFL around this time when Randy Moss was pouting it up on our sidelines.

Chris Weber- too young to remember him as a Warrior but I loved him as a kid when he was in Sacramento. Mad respect for his game. And learning the history behind his time here killed me as he became one of my favorites.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,159

Post#20 » by watch1958 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:16 pm

Al Attles, Jamaal Wilkes, Phil Smith, Larry Smith, Bernard King
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.

Return to Golden State Warriors