ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj Knicks plan to cut Noah - Update Pg 52: Noah Will Be Cut Next Wk

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Re: Woj Knicks plan to not reincorporate Noah and cut him in September 

Post#301 » by N Y K » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:52 am

i been on hold with a bank long enough to read through this thread... i don't know what i should be more annoyed with, being on hold this long or that i read this whole thread :(
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#302 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:54 am

cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:
cuyankees wrote:I’m playing being an irrational fanatic who thinks that players take discounts to come to the Knicks, players who have “understandings” about a max deal for delaying it, and thinking THJ & Lee have + value in any trade.

Except signing a max cat no longer requires any of that. No discounts, no understandings, no trading Lee or THJr. Stretching Noah is all that was required, i’ve shown this to you multiple times and it continues to be true despite how badly you wish it were not. We can sign Kyrie to a full max with THJr & Lee on the books, and still give KP his max extension.

For everyone posting about max slots and not realizing, how easy/hard it will to get a max slot

Noah 6.433333333
THJ 18.15
Lee 12.76
Frank 4.885
MR 1.559
Knox 3.74
19' 1st 4.422
19' 2nd 1.79285
KP 27
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
sum 83.15166333

$~25mn in space assuming KP gets his max extension before Oct.

It isn't an "or" with Noah/Lee, it's an "and".

Now do you understand the key diff in our scenarios?

Once again since reading doesn’t seem to be your forte KP’s caphold is only 17M and 2nd round picks only count against the cap if they are signed for more than a rookie min caphold would be.

So no neither Lee nor THJr need to be traded to give Kyrie a max contract.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#303 » by MadGrinch » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:01 am

blueNorange wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:Honestly it seems stupid and petty not to give him at least a try out in camp...if he's still shot , fine , stretch him but to do it and then he plays at lets say back up level for someone else .

the team looks like petty clowns.

if his 3 pointer is half decent , he can help with the stealth tank we all know the team wants

noah has been shot for 3 years now, he's not good anymore.

that's why the bulls let him go.

he may not be what he was but

he is most likely better than luke kornet , and if he can shoot the 3 he is again viable on offense.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
cgf
RealGM

Post#304 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:06 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:In a way, teams will now have less leverage over us when trading for Courtney Lee. Now they know we already have a Max slot set for next summer and we're only dumping Lee's contract for the sake of opening up minutes for the youngsters. It won't be a repeat of 2010 when Donnie Walsh was bent over by Morey and traded Jordan Hill, 1st round pick and Jefferies for a expiring T-mac all for the sake of having the extra 6 mil in capspace. Morey took advantage of our situation. Now teams won't really have that leverage over us since we would already have the max slot set by stretching Noah and dumping Lee now would only mean resigning someone like Hezonja which isn't a dealbreaker for us.

BUMP..this is exactly what I said on the 1st page

Read on Twitter

Why is this so hard to grasp??
Everybody knows we are going on on 2019 free agency. Nobody is gonna do us any favors.
We are gonna get bent over in any Lee trade.
It’s not like he’s gonna get rotation minutes to showcase himself. His value was at its peak last year when we were winning a few games and he was a top three point guy in the league. If Kyrie is coming then let’s do a Lebron to LA type thing an build the team incrementally.

I hate this entire free agency telegraphing stuff.
I do think the interest is real this time but I also know so much of that is from us operating like a real team. The league is taking note but we aren’t there yet. We have to fortify this new reputation with consistency.

Lee’s a proven commodity. His value doesn’t require showcasing...though I don’t see why he wouldn’t be in the rotation unless you’re a big Mudiay/Baker/Dotson believer

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cgf
RealGM

Post#305 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:08 am

MadGrinch wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:Honestly it seems stupid and petty not to give him at least a try out in camp...if he's still shot , fine , stretch him but to do it and then he plays at lets say back up level for someone else .

if his 3 pointer is half decent , he can help with the stealth tank we all know the team wants

he is most likely better than luke kornet , and if he can shoot the 3 he is again viable on offense.

What would lead you to think that?

whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#306 » by whocares1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:12 am

N Y K wrote:i been on hold with a bank long enough to read through this thread... i don't know what i should be more annoyed with, being on hold this long or that i read this whole thread :(

Reading a whole thread that’s past 5 pages? Get help my guy.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#307 » by taj2133 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:57 am

cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#308 » by cuyankees » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:58 am

cgf wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:
Except signing a max cat no longer requires any of that. No discounts, no understandings, no trading Lee or THJr. Stretching Noah is all that was required, i’ve shown this to you multiple times and it continues to be true despite how badly you wish it were not. We can sign Kyrie to a full max with THJr & Lee on the books, and still give KP his max extension.

For everyone posting about max slots and not realizing, how easy/hard it will to get a max slot

Noah 6.433333333
THJ 18.15
Lee 12.76
Frank 4.885
MR 1.559
Knox 3.74
19' 1st 4.422
19' 2nd 1.79285
KP 27
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
sum 83.15166333

Once again since reading doesn’t seem to be your forte KP’s caphold is only 17M and 2nd round picks only count against the cap if they are signed for more than a rookie min caphold would be.

Understanding how cap works isn’t your forte. His cap charge is 27mn if he signs a max extension by Oct, his cap hold is 17mn IF he doesn’t sign before Oct. This is why we’ve been debating the possibility of KP waiting to sign a max extension ad naseum for pages, or did you not read those posts and put 2 and 2 together?

Do yourself a favor, follow your own advice and learn to read and comprehend.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,039

Post#309 » by GONYK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 am

MadGrinch wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

:lol:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,942

Post#310 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 am

2010 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:
He’s against signing anyone in 2019 and clinging to every road block he can to convince himself it’s impossible & Pills are dumb to even consider it

I’m playing being an irrational fanatic who thinks that players take discounts to come to the Knicks, players who have “understandings” about a max deal for delaying it, and thinking THJ & Lee have + value in any trade.

Lets be real here. KP is going to get his money regardless. Every top lottery pick gets that extension. However, it's in his best interest to sign after the Knicks pair him with another established star. KP and Janis are very brand conscious. They know nothing matters unless he takes his game to the playoffs and wins there. Getting his signature on the contract months earlier and it costing him the ability to get more big time talent on the roster does him no favors. He is a student of the game. I don't think he wants to end up being the next Ewing or Melo by getting his extension inked months early at the expense of a supporting cast.

inshallah
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
cgf
RealGM

Post#311 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:21 am

cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:
cuyankees wrote:For everyone posting about max slots and not realizing, how easy/hard it will to get a max slot

Noah 6.433333333
THJ 18.15
Lee 12.76
Frank 4.885
MR 1.559
Knox 3.74
19' 1st 4.422
19' 2nd 1.79285
KP 27
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
Rookie Min 0.60237
sum 83.15166333

Understanding how cap works isn’t your forte. His cap charge is 27mn if he signs a max extension by Oct, his cap hold is 17mn IF he doesn’t sign before Oct. This is why we’ve been debating the possibility of KP waiting to sign a max extension ad naseum for pages, or did you not read those posts and put 2 and 2 together?

Nah, you're pumping up that imaginary scenario, but it's not a real situation that anyone but you is discussing. That's why you've never been able to back up your claim that it would be an issue even when I gave you examples of kids waiting to ink their Max extensions in this exact situation...Bradley Beal, Kawhi Leonard, and a piece discussing it as an option for KAT in Minnesota...or when I linked you to actual NBA people talking about the Knicks having cap space for a max cat.

cuyankees
Veteran

Post#312 » by cuyankees » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:45 am

cgf wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:

Nah, you're pumping up that imaginary scenario, but it's not a real situation that anyone but you is discussing. That's why you've never been able to back up your claim that it would be an issue even when I gave you examples of kids waiting to ink their Max extensions in this exact situation...Bradley Beal, Kawhi Leonard, and a piece discussing it as an option for KAT in Minnesota...or when I linked you to actual NBA people talking about the Knicks having cap space for a max cat.

Many people/professional writers and what not have written about this topic ad naseum. It isn’t rocket science, it’s impartial common sense. You’re a nobody who demands backup claims, get off your ass, google and seek your own answers. This topic has been discussed ad naseum by professional writers for ESPN, BR, etc.

But it’s time to put you down to sleep.

Let’s compare our “imaginary” scenarios:

KP gets his max deal before Oct
Knicks dump Lee to get a max slot

Knicks don’t offer KP his max deal before Oct, he sits out the entire season or he returns from ACL injury, risks possible reinjury before securing his max deal for the sake of some understanding w Knicks FO and a chance to possibly lure a FA.
cgf
RealGM

Post#313 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:52 am

cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Understanding how cap works isn’t your forte. His cap charge is 27mn if he signs a max extension by Oct, his cap hold is 17mn IF he doesn’t sign before Oct. This is why we’ve been debating the possibility of KP waiting to sign a max extension ad naseum for pages, or did you not read those posts and put 2 and 2 together?

Many people/professional writers and what not have written about this topic ad naseum. It isn’t rocket science, it’s impartial common sense. You’re a nobody who demands backup claims, get off your ass, google and seek your own answers. This topic has been discussed ad naseum by professional writers for ESPN, BR, etc.

Knicks don’t offer KP his max deal before Oct, he sits out the entire season or he returns from ACL injury, risks possible reinjury before securing his max deal for the sake of some understanding w Knicks FO and a chance to possibly lure a FA.

...and none of them agree with you. Until you post even a single link supporting your assertions, you can't continue making these feeble appeals to authority that can't survive even the slightest bit of scrutiny. I've linked you on this topic multiple times, but you still haven't been able to find so much as a single blog post confirming your paranoia.

EDIT:
I love your loaded phrasing, why not phrase it:

KP gets his max deal before Oct screwing his franchise over and ensuring that he never wins a thing in NY and becomes a pariah, losing all of his endorsement potential because trading Lee is impossible for...reasons...

or KP does what multiple other rookie scale max guys have done & waits to sign his extension b/c when he signs it doesn't matter.

cuyankees
Veteran

Post#314 » by cuyankees » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:02 am

cgf wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:

...and none of them agree with you. Until you post even a single link supporting your assertions, you can't continue making these feeble appeals to authority that can't survive even the slightest bit of scrutiny. I've linked you on this topic multiple times, but you still haven't been able to find so much as a single blog post confirming your paranoia.

EDIT:

KP gets his max deal before Oct screwing his franchise over and ensuring that he never wins a thing in NY and becomes a pariah, losing all of his endorsement potential because trading Lee is impossible for...reasons...

or KP does what multiple other rookie scale max guys have done & waits to sign his extension b/c when he signs it doesn't matter.

Again, your ego is getting in your way. You think you’re a somebody who warrants someone to do work for them when google.com is a great way to find articles, get off your ass, follow your own advice, learn to read and comprehend and use basic common sense.

However you want to phase your scenarios is your reality if you can’t understand why it matters in KP’s specific case, then let’s agree to disagree.
cgf
RealGM

Post#315 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:09 am

cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Many people/professional writers and what not have written about this topic ad naseum. It isn’t rocket science, it’s impartial common sense. You’re a nobody who demands backup claims, get off your ass, google and seek your own answers. This topic has been discussed ad naseum by professional writers for ESPN, BR, etc.

EDIT:

Again, your ego is getting in your way. You think you’re a somebody who warrants someone to do work for them when google.com is a great way to find articles, get off your ass, follow your own advice, learn to read and comprehend and use basic common sense.

However you want to phase your scenarios is your reality if you can’t understand why it matters in KP’s specific case, then let’s agree to disagree.

My ego is the reason why there are no articles on google that support your delusion? That's an interesting take.

cgf
RealGM

Post#316 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:47 am

cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Many people/professional writers and what not have written about this topic ad naseum. It isn’t rocket science, it’s impartial common sense. You’re a nobody who demands backup claims, get off your ass, google and seek your own answers. This topic has been discussed ad naseum by professional writers for ESPN, BR, etc.

EDIT:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2018/07/27/should-the-knicks-sign-kristaps-porzingis-to-an-extension-this-offseason/
https://nypost.com/2018/07/01/why-knicks-should-be-in-no-rush-to-extend-kristaps-porzingis/
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41023252-4

FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#317 » by FutureKnicksGM » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:36 am

Give KP an extension ? :lol: :lol: Pills would be approaching Phil territory if they made that move right now.

They'll keep his caphold and go after a free agent. They sign someone or they strike out, in both situations the next move is re-signing KP to a 5 year max following. Andre Drummond did the same thing, so he could stay in F'KN Detroit for 5 more years. Janis Da Gawd knows KP will need some help down the line.
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#318 » by egelband » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:03 am

Wouldn’t it make more sense to keep Noah through the season? Or does that cap benefit not kick in until after free agency?
I dunno.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#319 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:30 am

MadGrinch wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

Lol wut?

I swear Noah's family is all over this board....
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,546

Post#320 » by mpharris36 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:21 pm

we are not going to sign KP to that max extension until we figure out FA stuff next year. The difference between his cap hold and his contract is about 10 million of course KP needs to be on board but I don't see why he wouldn't especially if we are trying to build this team and he basically has a verbal agreement that we have the max extension on the table once we figure out our FA plans for 2019.

I don't see any scenario where KP's counts 27 million against the cap before next year.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ

Return to New York Knicks