An Open Letter to Kevin Durant

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ontario
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,100

An Open Letter to Kevin Durant 

Post#1 » by Ontario » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:29 am

Hey Kevin,

I want to take a second to be honest with you, as a member of the Golden State Warriors you are winning a lot, but you are beating the game on easy mode. When you buy a new video game if you play it on easy and beat it, you cannot brag to anyone about winning on easy mode. What I want to tell you though is that that's alright, you haven't committed any great sin or ruined your legacy or anything like that, you simply thought to yourself the grass might be greener on the other side. It's human nature, we all day dream about that it would be like to just walk away and find a better, more rewarding, more appreciative life somewhere else. Millions of people before you have taken that same road and millions of people after you will as well.

If the grass isn't greener from a basketball perspective that's alright too. I mean you had to try to find out right. I am hoping that your life outside of basketball maybe is more to your liking and I'd encourage you to focus on that. There are a lot of people making noise on the internet and in other media outlets that project a lot of hostility towards you but you should just tune that out. None of them are being honest with themselves about how they might feel or act when put in your own shoes. Besides the world outside of basketball is in a super crazy place today anyone who willing to invest that much emotion into being angry at you as if it is the most important thing happening in their lives really needs to adjust their perspective.

Be at peace with yourself, make peace with the friends you left behind and enjoy the game even if it isn't everything you thought it would be. You only to go through this life one time, so be honest with yourself about it and you will be able to get the most out of it.

Have a good one,

Ontario, (Jay)
If you do not know how good a basketball player Gary Payton was just go and stand near him for a little while, there's a good chance he'll come over and tell you. - Ahmad Rashad
chesterisme
Sophomore
And1: 51

Re: An Open Letter to Kevin Durant 

Post#2 » by chesterisme » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:36 am

Give it a rest already.
BasketballFan7
Analyst
And1: 2,344

Post#3 » by BasketballFan7 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:39 am

Well, at least you can be confident that he'll read it.
FGA Restricted All-Time Draft

In My Hood, The Bullies Get Bullied
PG: 2013 Mike Conley, 1998 Greg Anthony
SG: 2005 Manu Ginobili, 2015 Khris Middleton
SF: 1991 Scottie Pippen
PF: 1986 Larry Bird, 1996 Dennis Rodman
C: 1999 Alonzo Mourning
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,179

Post#4 » by mowcrowbar » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 am

Cringe
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#5 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:41 am

This is just sad.

Reminds me of some chick who's kind of moving on from her ex, but is still bitter that he found a better gf. Give it a rest dude.

Return to The General Board