ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj Knicks plan to cut Noah - Update Pg 52: Noah Will Be Cut Next Wk

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

iLLSonChandla
Rookie
And1: 370

Re: Woj Knicks plan to not reincorporate Noah and cut him in September 

Post#321 » by iLLSonChandla » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Lee/Thomas would be PERFECT in Houston. They have any expirings to make it work ?
PrecociousNeoph wrote: dolan ruins every picture he's in.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#322 » by mpharris36 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:29 pm

iLLSonChandla wrote:Lee/Thomas would be PERFECT in Houston. They have any expirings to make it work ?

nope unless they trade Ryan Anderson to say sacramento along with a first round pick and then expirings like Z-bo or shumpert come back to the knicks....
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#323 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:33 pm

I can see two things:

1. Knicks will definitely re-sign Kanter. Anthony Davis is not coming.

2. They're banking on Mitchell Robinson.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,451

Post#324 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:40 pm

mpharris36 wrote:we are not going to sign KP to that max extension until we figure out FA stuff next year. The difference between his cap hold and his contract is about 10 million of course KP needs to be on board but I don't see why he wouldn't especially if we are trying to build this team and he basically has a verbal agreement that we have the max extension on the table once we figure out our FA plans for 2019.

I don't see any scenario where KP's counts 27 million against the cap before next year.

Yeah, that seems very likely.

For KP if he waits until the 2019 offseason to resign, he can opt out a year early and set himself up to make more money too.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#325 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:48 pm

mpharris36 wrote:we are not going to sign KP to that max extension until we figure out FA stuff next year. The difference between his cap hold and his contract is about 10 million of course KP needs to be on board but I don't see why he wouldn't especially if we are trying to build this team and he basically has a verbal agreement that we have the max extension on the table once we figure out our FA plans for 2019.

I don't see any scenario where KP's counts 27 million against the cap before next year.

Wounded Knick fans who are used to everything going back are sweating KP.

I know we haven't attracted big name free agents, but when have the Knicks ever lost one?
Xavier McDaniels is the only name that comes to mind, and he was nowhere near a franchise cornerstone.

KP isn't going anywhere.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#326 » by mpharris36 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:57 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:

I know we haven't attracted big name free agents, but when have the Knicks ever lost one?
Xavier McDaniels is the only name that comes to mind, and he was nowhere near a franchise cornerstone.

KP isn't going anywhere.

with the $$$ we will be giving him and he's happy living in NY. He isn't going anywhere and as long as we are communicating with him and his brothers that he will get paid we are just trying to work around the cap to best supplement this team they should be on board. The good thing is he can take his sweet time rehabbing next year so he really doesn't have to worry about the grind of the season while he does have his contract extension.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#327 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:22 pm

KEEP HIM! PLAY HIM!

( And this is from a person never using all caps.)
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#328 » by Infinitimind » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:18 pm

basketboule wrote:KEEP HIM! PLAY HIM!

( And this is from a person never using all caps.)

A lot of us just don't want meaningless wins like last year. We got lucky that it was a deep draft and we ended up with Knox. We would like to add a top 3 pick and top FA and be set for the future . Taking a step back to take two steps foward. While at the same time developing our young talent this season .
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,862

Post#329 » by KnicksGod » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:36 pm

I don't see the connection with Kanter. I don't think the Knicks will pay Kanter $15M+. They ought not.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#330 » by blueNorange » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:09 pm

this is how bad joakim noah is.

anyone one of us, on this message board, can beat him in a game of 1 on 1.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#331 » by blueNorange » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:10 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I don't see the connection with Kanter. I don't think the Knicks will pay Kanter $15M+. They ought not.

did you see what monroe got?

no team will give him that, if they do then bless him he should be all over it. kanter's market will be between 3-6mm.

and if that's he should be retainable, but after kyrie and butler jump ship.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#332 » by blueNorange » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:15 pm

mitch
kp
knox
butler
kyrie
------
kanter
thj
frank
top 5 pick
LOL Y U MAD THO?
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#333 » by 2010 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:16 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:

KP isn't going anywhere.

Jeremy Lin

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,496

Post#334 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:18 pm

blueNorange wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:I don't see the connection with Kanter. I don't think the Knicks will pay Kanter $15M+. They ought not.

did you see what monroe got?

no team will give him that, if they do then bless him he should be all over it. kanter's market will be between 3-6mm.

and if that's he should be retainable, but after kyrie and butler jump ship.

Monroe is not nearly as good as Kanter and teams had a lot less money to spend this summer than they will next summer. Kanter will be able to get 9-10M (or more) next summer if that's what he wants.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cgf
RealGM

Post#335 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:37 pm

blueNorange wrote:mitch
kp
knox
butler
kyrie
------
kanter
thj
frank
top 5 pick

We can't afford Kyrie & Jimmy with Lee or THJr still on the books. We can sign one of them as is, but to sign both we'd need to move Lee & Timmy. So if we get Kyrie & Timmy doesn't play well enough to sucker Sacramento into making a move for him; we're more likely to be looking at something like:

Guards: Irving | Ntilikina | THJr | Burke
Wings: Knox | 2019 1st | Hezonja
Bigs: Porzingis | Kanter | Robinson

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,761

Post#336 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:53 pm

cgf wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
cgf wrote:
...and none of them agree with you. Until you post even a single link supporting your assertions, you can't continue making these feeble appeals to authority that can't survive even the slightest bit of scrutiny. I've linked you on this topic multiple times, but you still haven't been able to find so much as a single blog post confirming your paranoia.

EDIT:
I love your loaded phrasing, why not phrase it:

KP gets his max deal before Oct screwing his franchise over and ensuring that he never wins a thing in NY and becomes a pariah, losing all of his endorsement potential because trading Lee is impossible for...reasons...

or KP does what multiple other rookie scale max guys have done & waits to sign his extension b/c when he signs it doesn't matter.

Again, your ego is getting in your way. You think you’re a somebody who warrants someone to do work for them when google.com is a great way to find articles, get off your ass, follow your own advice, learn to read and comprehend and use basic common sense.

However you want to phase your scenarios is your reality if you can’t understand why it matters in KP’s specific case, then let’s agree to disagree.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2018/07/27/should-the-knicks-sign-kristaps-porzingis-to-an-extension-this-offseason/
https://nypost.com/2018/07/01/why-knicks-should-be-in-no-rush-to-extend-kristaps-porzingis/
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41023252-4

This whole exchange has been hilarious. He keeps thinking of it from KP’s perpestive when he has 0 leverage in this situation. Why would the Knicks offer him a max extension before seeing him play? Also why would the Knicks offer him an extension pretty much insuring that they won’t have a max spot open for next summer? Why would the Knicks offer him a max extension now when he’s a restricted free agent and can’t go anywhere? KP taking the qualifying offer is way more risky for someone that blew out there knee. There’s literally a 0% change Pills offers him his extension this October.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#337 » by MadGrinch » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:00 am

cgf wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:
blueNorange wrote:noah has been shot for 3 years now, he's not good anymore.

that's why the bulls let him go.

he may not be what he was but

he is most likely better than luke kornet , and if he can shoot the 3 he is again viable on offense.

What would lead you to think that?

watching kornet play...he can't btw, too slow, cant score inside, cant rebound , not a good defender.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
cgf
RealGM

Post#338 » by cgf » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:38 am

MadGrinch wrote:
cgf wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:
he may not be what he was but

he is most likely better than luke kornet , and if he can shoot the 3 he is again viable on offense.

watching kornet play...he can't btw, too slow, cant score inside, cant rebound , not a good defender.

And this leads you to believe that Noah would be any better?

MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#339 » by MadGrinch » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:52 pm

cgf wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:
cgf wrote:

the thing is i say give him a chance in training camp

i saw kornet play for an extended period last season , he wasn't good but if he shows he's a player in training camp then obviously keep him.

the last time i saw noah he was still an elite screener. rebounder, passer and a much better defender than kornet.

what i dont get is why people are against noah even getting a shot.

it costs nothing but if he can make 3's which is the only thing kornet has on him, he instantly becomes a good offensive player because he can do more than make shots
Its because I'm green isn't it?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#340 » by DOT » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:08 pm

MadGrinch wrote:
cgf wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:

the thing is i say give him a chance in training camp

i saw kornet play for an extended period last season , he wasn't good but if he shows he's a player in training camp then obviously keep him.

the last time i saw noah he was still an elite screener. rebounder, passer and a much better defender than kornet.

what i dont get is why people are against noah even getting a shot.

it costs nothing but if he can make 3's which is the only thing kornet has on him, he instantly becomes a good offensive player because he can do more than make shots

He won't start hitting 3s though

His career FG% from distances:
3-10 feet: 33.4%
10-16 feet: 39.1%
16 feet<3pt: 37%

Players don't go from not being able to hit mid range shots to hitting 3 pointers in one season. He can't even finish around the rim either, in his last 3 seasons, his best mark from within 3 feet is 53%, which is terrible for any position, but for a center is absolutely atrocious. The only thing Noah can do on offense at all is pass, which isn't very useful when you can't do anything else. Kornet can really only hit 3s, but that's much more valuable on offense than just passing

Also, while Noah is a better rebounder and has more defensive IQ than Kornet, he's a worse rim protector (-.5% on shots within 6 feet compared to Kornet's -4.4%), and his athleticism is shot, so his biggest strength on defense (switchability), is gone.

Noah passes and rebounds, Kornet shoots 3s and blocks shots. Neither can do really anything else, but Kornet's skills are more valuable in today's game, especially considering I'm using stats from 2 years ago for Noah, so he's most likely gotten even worse due to injury and lack of playing time
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe

Return to New York Knicks