ImageImage

Bucks Trades,Transactions, News - First Day of Practice, Working on Spacing

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,599

Re: Bucks Trades and Transactions 

Post#201 » by emunney » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:54 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:If you can get Brogdon for something around 3/45 or 4/60 sign him immediately.

Nope.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#202 » by TroyD92 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:00 pm

brogdon at 15 million a year losses all value unless its a one or two year deal.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,907

Post#203 » by Brewhoopfan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Eazy E wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:I’m more optimistic about these Bucks under the Kaiser’s regime than I’ve been about any Bucks team since the early 00’s. But like...what do you guys really think he’s going to do with Snell, Thon and Wilson? Miles Plumlee still looked like Miles Plumlee under Budenholzer.

DJ Wilson and Thon are still young NBA players, and Snell is a 40% three point shooter (in a bad offensive system). Miles Plumlee played for Bud at age 28 AFTER already getting his payday. I'd like to see what DJ, Thon, and Snell can do in a modern NBA offense before labeling them all wastes of roster space. Both Snell (vs. Raptors) and Thon (vs. Celtics) have shown that can be reliable role players in playoff series and step their games up when needed.

Bad basketball players are bad basketball players. Playoff Thon had some impactful moments, but he was basically the same terrible player which needed replacing by Zeller during the season. Thon's playoff FG % = 39%, Thon's playoff 3pt % = 27%. Playoff Thon averages 6.1 reb/36 min which is pathetic. I have no hope of any system turning Thon into a valuable NBA player.

As bad as Kidd's system was, it fit Snell perfectly. He was just asked to space the floor, and shoot when open. He shot a good 3 pt %, but his attempts were so low, he simply wasn't an impactful player. We know he is terrible off the dribble. I can't imagine his efficiency being maintained with attempts going up.

Perhaps DJ Wilson could see the floor if the Bucks sustained a few injuries. Make that several injuries. OK, it would probably need to involve a plane crash. Let's hope and pray this doesn't happen.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#204 » by M-C-G » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:12 pm

emunney wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:If you can get Brogdon for something around 3/45 or 4/60 sign him immediately.

Nope.

This would be a good poll, what would you resign Brogdon to assuming he plays well (guessing 12-14 ppg 4 ast 4 reb with 38% or so from 3 on at least 4 attempts per 36)

I don't even known where to start to look for a comp on him contract wise. I mean Kyle Anderson got 4/37, Exum 3/33, VanVleet 2/18

Seems that the market should be somewhere around 9-10M per year? 3/30 seems reasonable to me.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#205 » by TroyD92 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:26 pm

2/18 is probably around what I would do.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#206 » by M-C-G » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:30 pm

TroyD92 wrote:2/18 is probably around what I would do.

I think we really need to start aligning contract end dates. So a two year deal, I think would put him right in line with the year Snell comes off the books. That might be the right move, unless Middleton and/or Bledsoe go three year deals, then maybe line it up with that. Hard to say because it doesn't look like we have much of a master plan.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#207 » by TroyD92 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:33 pm

M-C-G wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:2/18 is probably around what I would do.

I think we really need to start aligning contract end dates. So a two year deal, I think would put him right in line with the year Snell comes off the books. That might be the right move, unless Middleton and/or Bledsoe go three year deals, then maybe line it up with that. Hard to say because it doesn't look like we have much of a master plan.

Yeah that was my thought.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,270

Post#208 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I can't wait for a handful of our guys to play for a real coach so people can finally agree that it wasn't a coach holding them back.

I actually think the biggest takeaway from this coming season is "How was Jason Kidd ever an NBA head coach?."
Do it for Chuck
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#209 » by TroyD92 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:08 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I can't wait for a handful of our guys to play for a real coach so people can finally agree that it wasn't a coach holding them back.

I actually think the biggest takeaway from this coming season is "How was Jason Kidd ever an NBA head coach?."

Both things are going to be true imo.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

slos
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#210 » by slos » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Miami is an over the tax team with no reason at all, since they will be at best at 7-8 seed in the East with that team. Are we interested to take something out of them, if they want to cut costs? I'm not talking about Whiteside, but for Tyler Johnson. Is he any good? Hanen't seen much of them last year. Something like Johnson for Delly, Maker, Wilson works in salaries and gets Miami under the tax with 14 players guaranteed.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#211 » by TD75 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:43 pm

engelmartin wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Can't wait for Malcolm to play for a real coach. Gonna be some regrettable posts to quote.

I can't wait for literally everyone on our team to play for a real coach. Even Thon, Snell, and DJ could still become serviceable (maybe).

I can't wait to see Thon play for a real MMA coach. :wink:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#212 » by TD75 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:46 pm

I would not give him anything above 10M/yr; at 10M/yr I would even request a Team Option. 15M/yr for Brogdon is absolutely disastrous.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#213 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:10 pm

Eazy E wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:I’m more optimistic about these Bucks under the Kaiser’s regime than I’ve been about any Bucks team since the early 00’s. But like...what do you guys really think he’s going to do with Snell, Thon and Wilson? Miles Plumlee still looked like Miles Plumlee under Budenholzer.

Miles Plumlee played for Bud at age 28 AFTER already getting his payday. I'd like to see what DJ, Thon, and Snell can do in a modern NBA offense before labeling them all wastes of roster space. Both Snell (vs. Raptors) and Thon (vs. Celtics) have shown that can be reliable role players in playoff series and step their games up when needed.

Snell will also be playing for Bud AFTER his payday and that Raptors series was BEFORE he signed his gross deal. His invisible series vs Celtics series was indeed AFTER.
emunney
RealGM

Post#214 » by emunney » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Eazy E wrote:

Miles Plumlee played for Bud at age 28 AFTER already getting his payday. I'd like to see what DJ, Thon, and Snell can do in a modern NBA offense before labeling them all wastes of roster space. Both Snell (vs. Raptors) and Thon (vs. Celtics) have shown that can be reliable role players in playoff series and step their games up when needed.

Snell will also be playing for Bud AFTER his payday and that Raptors series was BEFORE he signed his gross deal. His invisible series vs Celtics series was indeed AFTER.

We'll never know if Snell is good :( :( :(
Triple 7
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#215 » by Triple 7 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:34 pm

I think we know
"Is he not unique? No one plays like this guy. This guy is the new guy. This is the new form."
- George Karl on Giannis
emunney
RealGM

Post#216 » by emunney » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:38 pm

CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH SNELL CAN BE JUDGED:

--Perfect coach
--Perfect teammates
--Must not be age 28
--Must be before he gets paid (the "Plumlee Paradox")
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#217 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Horst's whole 2018 mantra has been getting guys who can "pass,handle and shoot" for Bud. The best version of Snell can only do one of those things.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#218 » by TroyD92 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Horst's whole 2018 mantra has been getting guys who can "pass,handle and shoot" for Bud. The best version of Snell can only do one of those things.

Pass?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

emunney
RealGM

Post#219 » by emunney » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Horst's whole 2018 mantra has been getting guys who can "pass,handle and shoot" for Bud. The best version of Snell can only do one of those things.

The pivot to basketball skills for our professional basketball team.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,658

Post#220 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Kidd sucked.

But I really don't think he used many players wrong.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks