ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe Budden: "Jimmy Butler wants to join the Knicks"

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Re: Joe Budden: "Jimmy Butler wants to join the Knicks" 

Post#241 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:47 am

BallSacBounce wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Here are the assets I'm willing to move now:

Lee
THJ
Kanter
LFT
Mudiay
Burke
Hicks
Baker

Assets?

:lol: yeah, well ...

How about Lee, LFT, Burke and Kanter? :D
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,970

Post#242 » by Capn'O » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:39 am

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Have I mentioned that 2019 is a pipe dream, we're getting Grant Hill'ed, and we should still have the youth build as our first commitment?

it is but we've been on the pipe for so long, it's probably too late to get clean.

So many JR Smith jokes...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#243 » by malik959 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:09 am

Timberwolves traded Lavine, Dunn and their #7 (Lauri Markkanen) I don't think we could match anything like that with Timmy, Lee, and a pick which I would refuse to give up for someone we could just sign. But watch the media force the Knicks to make a trade.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#244 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:32 pm

malik959 wrote:Timberwolves traded Lavine, Dunn and their #7 (Lauri Markkanen) I don't think we could match anything like that with Timmy, Lee, and a pick which I would refuse to give up for someone we could just sign. But watch the media force the Knicks to make a trade.

Lavine had a torn ACL, Dunn was historically bad his rookie year and even though the TWolves gave up #7 they got #16 back. We can easily match that package if we wanted to.
LBnySuaveJav23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,217

Post#245 » by LBnySuaveJav23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:20 pm

I don’t care if Jimmy Butler himself put a video out admitting it, it the talking clam didn’t mention it, I don’t believe it.
"Yeah, you are. You right, bro" - Joe Dumars telling every PG on the roster they are starting.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Re: Joe Budden: 

Post#246 » by digitaldropoff » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
BowlRips wrote:
cgmw wrote:Fans are going to act all gangster about holding out for a bigger star or waiting for next year, but this has Steve Mills deadline trade written all over it.

I’m okay with w deadline trade depending on what the trade is.
If you can move Noah in the deal even if it costs you a first rounder it may make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noah+ THJR + Mudiay +2nd round pick + 2019 pick swap option top 5 protected for Butler and Taj Gibson.

Trade Lee to somebody straight up or attach a future 2nd to it.

LOL.....they'll let Butler walk before taking nothing back in return, and losing their two best defensive players. Def made me laugh though!
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#247 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:24 pm

cgmw wrote:Fans are going to act all gangster about holding out for a bigger star or waiting for next year, but this has Steve Mills deadline trade written all over it.

This fanbase continues to defy logic. Ain't nobody really scrambling to sign with the Knicks like that. We're not the Yakees! :banghead: :banghead:
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#248 » by cuyankees » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Sark wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Sark wrote:So if the Knicks win around 25 games or so, are Butler and Kyrie really gonna leave winning teams to join a bottom feeder?

Maybe, if KP comes back strong, Knox looks like a star, and Frank, Mitch, Trier looks like they're making strides this year.

The question is why we would.

What reason does KP have to come back and play on his rookie contract? What if he gets hurt again? It's not worth it for him to come back to a team that is out of the playoffs, and take the chance of getting hurt again.

Kevin Knox might be a star one day, but he still will only be 19 years old during the season. Here's the list of players in NBA history that played at 19 years old.

http://bkref.com/tiny/I5Ry7

How many of those players actually led their team to the playoffs. Even Lebron James couldn't do it for 2 whole years, not just 1. The ones who actually did do it, had lots of help, which the Knicks don't have. If anyone really thinks that these young kids are gonna make the Knicks a contender in year 1, well I got a bridge to sell you.

Oh look common sense, imagine that! Seems like you understand the paradox, no max deal for KP to save for cap space, he doesn’t play and this sacrifice made by KP that fanatics swear by will be based on hoping that a FA comes after a 25 win season and not seeing KP play. :lol:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#249 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:11 pm

cuyankees wrote:
Sark wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Maybe, if KP comes back strong, Knox looks like a star, and Frank, Mitch, Trier looks like they're making strides this year.

The question is why we would.

What reason does KP have to come back and play on his rookie contract? What if he gets hurt again? It's not worth it for him to come back to a team that is out of the playoffs, and take the chance of getting hurt again.

Kevin Knox might be a star one day, but he still will only be 19 years old during the season. Here's the list of players in NBA history that played at 19 years old.

How many of those players actually led their team to the playoffs. Even Lebron James couldn't do it for 2 whole years, not just 1. The ones who actually did do it, had lots of help, which the Knicks don't have. If anyone really thinks that these young kids are gonna make the Knicks a contender in year 1, well I got a bridge to sell you.

Oh look common sense, imagine that! Seems like you understand the paradox, no max deal for KP to save for cap space, he doesn’t play and this sacrifice made by KP that fanatics swear by will be based on hoping that a FA comes after a 25 win season and not seeing KP play. :lol:

it's definitely a paradox.

if KP sits out and plays it risk averse, that's good because he'll still get his max and hopefully be 100% for the following season.

but if he comes back and even shows his hand for just a taste at the end of the season it could help influence players to join him now. this could be players unsure of joinng him if they don't know he's 1. healthy 2. able to play at the KP level we all expect.

in scenario 2 KP gets his money, gets a little chemistry with his current guys, and possibly makes the biggest recruitment pitch possible.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#250 » by cuyankees » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
Sark wrote:

if KP sits out and plays it risk averse, that's good because he'll still get his max and hopefully be 100% for the following season.

but if he comes back and even shows his hand for just a taste at the end of the season it could help influence players to join him now. this could be players unsure of joinng him if they don't know he's 1. healthy 2. able to play at the KP level we all expect.

in scenario 2 KP gets his money, gets a little chemistry with his current guys, and possibly makes the biggest recruitment pitch possible.

I’m all on board w scenario 2, caveat being KP gets his max deal by Oct and got to dump Lee. FO must be thinking your scenario 2 as best possible case scenario, but for some strange reason it’s a far fetched scenario.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#251 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
Sark wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think KP's competitive fire won't allow him to miss 18 months of basketball and he'll be back by the All-Star break

I (potentially) hate what Kahwi did simply because I don't really believe he couldn't play. He was just protecting his wallet.

While I see the draft benefits of him sitting out, in my heart I don't feel like that is truly a good sign from a culture or competitive aspect. If a guy is ready to suit up then he should suit up.
ImageImageImage
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#252 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:24 pm

cuyankees wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Oh look common sense, imagine that! Seems like you understand the paradox, no max deal for KP to save for cap space, he doesn’t play and this sacrifice made by KP that fanatics swear by will be based on hoping that a FA comes after a 25 win season and not seeing KP play. :lol:

I’m all on board w scenario 2, caveat being KP gets his max deal by Oct and got to dump Lee. FO must be thinking your scenario 2 as best possible case scenario, but for some strange reason it’s a far fetched scenario.

both make sense to me. i just can't see KP being hurt badly enough for scenario 1 to even be viable for anyone. i honestly think KP could be back by christmas for his giannis "freak accident" revenge game.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#253 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Oh look common sense, imagine that! Seems like you understand the paradox, no max deal for KP to save for cap space, he doesn’t play and this sacrifice made by KP that fanatics swear by will be based on hoping that a FA comes after a 25 win season and not seeing KP play. :lol:

I could be wrong, but I think KP's competitive fire won't allow him to miss 18 months of basketball and he'll be back by the All-Star break

I (potentially) hate what Kahwi did simply because I don't really believe he couldn't play. He was just protecting his wallet.

While I see the draft benefits of him sitting out, in my heart I don't feel like that is truly a good sign from a culture or competitive aspect. If a guy is ready to suit up then he should suit up.

agreed on both counts for KP.

i hate how the kawhi thing played out, but i am reluctant to judge something i have no idea about regarding that man's body. the situation was just handled very messily. he only had to "suffer" one more season in SA at most. now he has to prove himself in a new environment, supermax on the line. if i were thinking only about the money i'd have brought my ass to work and got paid before i started tripping. :lol:

uncle dennis is the gerald saluti of player representation.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#254 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

argeed on both counts for KP.

i hate how the kawhi thing played out, but i am reluctant to judge something i have no idea about regarding that man's body. the situation was just handled very messily. he only had to "suffer" one more season in SA at most. now he has to prove himself in a new environment, supermax on the line. if i were thinking only about the money i'd have brought my ass to work and got paid before i started tripping. :lol:

I put in the parens because I have to acknowledge I don't know how bad Kahwi's condition was, but instinctually it feels like it was more about gaming the system than just recovery.

I don't know the story about his agent as I've never read up on this situation, but it felt fishy and kind of like stealing. If guys are paid mega millions and don't play when they are able to something is very wrong with this sport
ImageImageImage
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,495

Post#255 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:37 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:

This fanbase continues to defy logic. Ain't nobody really scrambling to sign with the Knicks like that. We're not the Yakees! :banghead: :banghead:

https://youtu.be/jPIbsn7NNT8?t=27m1s
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#256 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

KP ain't siting out all year voluntarily. No way. No how.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#257 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:04 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

argeed on both counts for KP.

I put in the parens because I have to acknowledge I don't know how bad Kahwi's condition was, but instinctually it feels like it was more about gaming the system than just recovery.

I don't know the story about his agent as I've never read up on this situation, but it felt fishy and kind of like stealing. If guys are paid mega millions and don't play when they are able to something is very wrong with this sport

the sense is that uncle dennis is kind of joe jacksoning kawhi. he's a quiet, malleable dude in general. folks think he's being taken advantage of and egregiously mismanaged. that's how it looks from here too.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
tjumper78
Pro Prospect
And1: 174

Post#258 » by tjumper78 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:37 pm

what the hell is joe budden anyway?
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#259 » by TheBigBoss » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:39 pm

cgf wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

https://youtu.be/jPIbsn7NNT8?t=27m1s

Spoiler:
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#260 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:KP ain't siting out all year voluntarily. No way. No how.

And if he did sit out while healthy, who would want to play with a player like that?

Return to New York Knicks