ImageImageImageImageImage

Game ticket query

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Iagz
Ballboy
And1: 2

Game ticket query 

Post#1 » by Iagz » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:26 am

Hi everyone,

Knicks fan from Wales here, looking for some ticketing advice.

I am going to be in New York next March and now the schedule has been released, I know it’s when the Knicks have home games against Utah and Denver.

There are already tickets for 100/120 dollars each on secondary markets. Is this going to be my best bet or on August 22nd, the official site suggests some tickets will be released on an individual game basis so would there be enough available generally from that to buy?

Thanks in advance for any help.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Re: Game ticket query 

Post#2 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:20 pm

Iagz wrote:Hi everyone,

Knicks fan from Wales here, looking for some ticketing advice.

I am going to be in New York next March and now the schedule has been released, I know it’s when the Knicks have home games against Utah and Denver.

There are already tickets for 100/120 dollars each on secondary markets. Is this going to be my best bet or on August 22nd, the official site suggests some tickets will be released on an individual game basis so would there be enough available generally from that to buy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

We have some fans from other parts of the U.K. too. Welcome mate! :party:

Premier matchups run higher risks of selling out. The Jazz game might have a higher risk because of Mitchell vs Frank than the Nuggets game (say Knox vs MPJr).

The price might be good, but we don't know where the seats are to tell you if it's fair. :D Whatever price you get tho, but them from a reputable site (Ticketmaster for example), because you're traveling from afar and it's expensive, we don't want you to get burned.

But, the price seems good. Maybe $20 or so less than the "new" usual. For us fans here, closer to games you could get it cheaper from legit ticket exchange sites and secondary resellers (legit ones).

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Iagz
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Iagz » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:15 pm

Thanks mate, appreciate that!

That makes sense, I am happy to see either game really.

The tickets I have seen are for section 209/210 (low number rows) really for about 120-140 dollars. I’m happy to pay that really if those tickets seem ok, there seems to be a big jump in terms of other sections just a bit in front. I was unsure if it would make more sense to wait for the individual match tickets unless they’d be the same price anyway.

Really appreciate all the advice, if anyone ever needs any ticket advice for soccer matches in the UK, particularly in Wales - I can return the advice!
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#4 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 pm

Iagz wrote:Thanks mate, appreciate that!

That makes sense, I am happy to see either game really.

The tickets I have seen are for section 209/210 (low number rows) really for about 120-140 dollars. I’m happy to pay that really if those tickets seem ok, there seems to be a big jump in terms of other sections just a bit in front. I was unsure if it would make more sense to wait for the individual match tickets unless they’d be the same price anyway.

Really appreciate all the advice, if anyone ever needs any ticket advice for soccer matches in the UK, particularly in Wales - I can return the advice!

Yeah, so sorry. We're unfortunately the most expensive Team in the League.

The $120s are like the new "average" for games for the Knicks. But for locals we can cheaper amounts when we get closer to the game by reselling from fans who can't make it.

Make it night too. See the NBA & Knicks stores for gear and souvenirs to take back (if you want). Research eating locales you might want to try before and after the game. The ESPN Zone bar isn't far from their too, so you can hang out and grab a pint while watching other games beforehand.

Hope you enjoy man! :D

Also, feel free to post around on the forum and get to know your fellow mates. :party:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6

Return to New York Knicks