ImageImageImageImageImage

BaF Discussion #15 (Season to begin Friday) One GM/owner needed for 2018/19 season (ANNOUNCEMENT PG 87)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: BaF Discussion #15 (The Long Wait to November) ANNOUNCEMENT on PG. 10 

Post#281 » by Greenie » Wed Aug 8, 2018 4:37 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Greenie wrote:Hold up.
ILL wasn’t even coming for my squad...

Welp. Imma go sit.

I was like...

:lol:

That was my face when I thought you were coming for my team shooting.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,977

Post#282 » by Capn'O » Thu Aug 9, 2018 2:50 pm

Cap's East

Spoiler:
Bulls - Tough, hard nosed team that's also very well put together. Everyone has a role. There's not a lot missing. Maybe a better bench shooter than Doug or a stretch big?

Toronto - Killer offseason for 2010. Gaining a first option next to Green was critical. They've got a lot of the components of a top team. How good they can be this season depends on how the game rates some of the young talent and whether it docks Cousins for his IRL injury.

Nets - I think they take a leap this year. The Sim will recognize what the top players did. Depth will always be an issue with this team's salary structure but they've done a good job doing more with less.

Heat - REALLY good offseason and draft for the Heat. They're still a top tier backcourt player from entering the elite of the east.

Bucks - The champs took a step back but a necessary one to take further steps forward. I don't expect a repeat but they're in good shape.

Hawks - I don't like the composition here. This team needs shooting. The top talent still makes them a force to reckon with.

Pistons - I'm not sold on Klay as a first option/the current roster. The advantage of this team is its financial situation, which is impeccable. A lot opens up when Vuc comes off the books. I expect trades.

Celtics - Obviously, good top talent. Lack of depth hurts and it's gonna be hard for them to get it for a few years. Great draft with Carter.

Wizards - Holy frontcourt depth, Batman! I love the Hayward/Gasol combo. Beyond that, this team needs some tinkering to regain its spot in the elite of the East.

76ers - This team is like the reverse of the Celtics. Has a lot of nice pieces but not really the top tier talent to be a major player. They do have some upside but at the end of the day Miles Turner needs to break out further for this team to follow suit.

Pacers - A team on the rise but not yet over the hump. They'll be as good as Doncic ultimately becomes. How will the Sim factor KP's injury?

Cavs - You're still a year off from making any real noise, young buck. This is potentially a great young core but the Sim won't likely rate the sum of its parts highly yet.

Magic - They need Fultz and Maker to break out this year. I do think Ingram takes another step next to 'Bron.

Hornets - I loved their draft. There's not a lot else that I love on this team right now though there are a lot of options moving forward. The team needs poing guard play but they should be able to clear their wing glut for one.

Knicks - I love a lot of the guys on this roster but this team just needs scoring before I can move them up in the standings.

Cap's West

Spoiler:
Mavs - This team came within a game of the championship and hasn't peaked yet. Should be right back in the mix

Kings - This team was criminally underrated in the Sim last year and just got better.

Blazers - This is a powerhouse this season. Great star power and composition. Can Dwight stay healthy and carry this squad defensively in the paint?

Warriors - I like the composition of this team a lot. They have an inside outside game and no real weakness. Maybe a little soft defensively in the starting unit. Should be a contender.

Thunder - Lock for the playoffs. This is a bomb squad. It could use a real anchor on defense either via trade or tinkering with the bigs they have.

Wolves - This team longs for a primary scorer but has nice depth and young talent.

Grizz - Some decent role players around an aging LeBron. In the mix for a low seed.

Spurs - A lot hinges on Porter's Sim health but this team should be in the mix for a low seed with the returning MVP + Lowry.

Nuggets - Still a great backcourt but the frontcourt limits this team.

Clippers - A lot of intriguing young pieces but this team is still waiting on a few guys raising their ranking before they'll be a player in the Sim. Could stand to consolidate some of their talent. If Shai looks as good in the regular season as he did in SL we could see some big moves here. Just a hunch. Ahem.

Pelicans - This is a small team. A couple trades for an appropriate smallball big and they move up the rankings quickly.

Suns - Don't really know how to rate them. I like George and Jordan but don't really see the backcourt needed to push them further in the standings.

Jazz - Devastating frontcourt but the backcourt leaves a lot to be desired. Needs shooting.

Rockets - praying for a Fox breakout. Just not a lot here to challenge most teams. This team should be vying for a high pick.

Lakers - K-Dot, you draft pick SLUT!

Mavs win the title.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#283 » by HEZI » Thu Aug 9, 2018 3:24 pm

Capn'O wrote:Cap's East

Spoiler:
Bulls - Tough, hard nosed team that's also very well put together. Everyone has a role. There's not a lot missing. Maybe a better bench shooter than Doug or a stretch big?

Toronto - Killer offseason for 2010. Gaining a first option next to Green was critical. They've got a lot of the components of a top team. How good they can be this season depends on how the game rates some of the young talent and whether it docks Cousins for his IRL injury.

Nets - I think they take a leap this year. The Sim will recognize what the top players did. Depth will always be an issue with this team's salary structure but they've done a good job doing more with less.

Heat - REALLY good offseason and draft for the Heat. They're still a top tier backcourt player from entering the elite of the east.

Bucks - The champs took a step back but a necessary one to take further steps forward. I don't expect a repeat but they're in good shape.

Hawks - I don't like the composition here. This team needs shooting. The top talent still makes them a force to reckon with.

Pistons - I'm not sold on Klay as a first option/the current roster. The advantage of this team is its financial situation, which is impeccable. A lot opens up when Vuc comes off the books. I expect trades.

Celtics - Obviously, good top talent. Lack of depth hurts and it's gonna be hard for them to get it for a few years. Great draft with Carter.

Wizards - Holy frontcourt depth, Batman! I love the Hayward/Gasol combo. Beyond that, this team needs some tinkering to regain its spot in the elite of the East.

76ers - This team is like the reverse of the Celtics. Has a lot of nice pieces but not really the top tier talent to be a major player. They do have some upside but at the end of the day Miles Turner needs to break out further for this team to follow suit.

Pacers - A team on the rise but not yet over the hump. They'll be as good as Doncic ultimately becomes. How will the Sim factor KP's injury?

Cavs - You're still a year off from making any real noise, young buck. This is potentially a great young core but the Sim won't likely rate the sum of its parts highly yet.

Magic - They need Fultz and Maker to break out this year. I do think Ingram takes another step next to 'Bron.

Hornets - I loved their draft. There's not a lot else that I love on this team right now though there are a lot of options moving forward. The team needs poing guard play but they should be able to clear their wing glut for one.

Knicks - I love a lot of the guys on this roster but this team just needs scoring before I can move them up in the standings.

Cap's West

Spoiler:
Mavs - This team came within a game of the championship and hasn't peaked yet. Should be right back in the mix

Kings - This team was criminally underrated in the Sim last year and just got better.

Blazers - This is a powerhouse this season. Great star power and composition. Can Dwight stay healthy and carry this squad defensively in the paint?

Warriors - I like the composition of this team a lot. They have an inside outside game and no real weakness. Maybe a little soft defensively in the starting unit. Should be a contender.

Thunder - Lock for the playoffs. This is a bomb squad. It could use a real anchor on defense either via trade or tinkering with the bigs they have.

Wolves - This team longs for a primary scorer but has nice depth and young talent.

Grizz - Some decent role players around an aging LeBron. In the mix for a low seed.

Spurs - A lot hinges on Porter's Sim health but this team should be in the mix for a low seed with the returning MVP + Lowry.

Clippers - A lot of intriguing young pieces but this team is still waiting on a few guys raising their ranking before they'll be a player in the Sim. Could stand to consolidate some of their talent. If Shai looks as good in the regular season as he did in SL we could see some big moves here. Just a hunch. Ahem.

Pelicans - This is a small team. A couple trades for an appropriate smallball big and they move up the rankings quickly.

Suns - Don't really know how to rate them. I like George and Jordan but don't really see the backcourt needed to push them further in the standings.

Jazz - Devastating frontcourt but the backcourt leaves a lot to be desired. Needs shooting.

Rockets - praying for a Fox breakout. Just not a lot here to challenge most teams. This team should be vying for a high pick.

Mavs win the title.

DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Post#284 » by Brazilian Knick » Thu Aug 9, 2018 3:58 pm

Capn'O wrote:Heat - REALLY good offseason and draft for the Heat. They're still a top tier backcourt player from entering the elite of the east.

Thanks bro! I appreciate a lot the work you did on reviewing each team.
Your thoughts about Miami's needs are precise.
I'm willing to see Murray taking the next step and becoming the elite guard we need.
Rondo was also an acquisition to help Miami improve the backcourt given the good season he had.
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
F: | |
F: | |
C: | |
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,548

Post#285 » by mpharris36 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 4:05 pm

Spoiler:

Cap's West

Spoiler:

Mavs win the title.

we have a lot of similar ratings...toronto and nets made huge strides in the east. Great offseasons.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#286 » by magnumt » Thu Aug 9, 2018 7:43 pm

Mag's Power Rankings - Season 2 Edition

Last Season, my inaugural Power Rankings produced some pretty accurate results. Let's hope this Season carries along those same trends! :lol: Below are both conferences listed by projected order. Lottery teams Rankings will come later.

EAST:

Spoiler:
1. Hawks - Still a dominant team, but still not feeling their new Frontcourt.
2. Wizards - Made some MAJOR changes but came out with a more balanced team, MUCH better fire power/bench and much better Cap/picks
3. Celtics - I REALLY like the Harden/Love combo more than the prior Harden/Griffin combo.
4. Bulls - Loved his moves and he even got in the way of some of the Wizards moves :lol: Still needs some more depth tho. Especially at Wing scoring
5. Pistons - Love the moves to balance out her team. Just need a little more quality Depth at PG
6. Raptors - Maestro turned water into wine! The backcourt could use some seasoning, but damn this team is nyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :clap:
7. Nets - I have him neck and neck with the Pistons & Raps. Good Big 3 (if healthy), **** Depth and Perimeter scoring is what's keeping him down
8. Pacers - Baring injury, I think the Pacers sneak in here after battling the defending Champs (Bucks) for the last spot. The defending Champs took a MASSIVE step back IMO, while KoC improved on a Porzingis lead Team with some nice balance (Dragic & Wade, etc).

WEST:

Spoiler:
1. Warriors - Made some very good changes and upgrades to the Team. Love the balance
2. Mavericks - Minor tweaks made to keep him a contender
3. Trailblazers - The fool went in circles. :lol: Let's hope that they can stay healthy :lol:
4. Thunder - Made some drastic changes but it remains to be seen if they were lateral in the stacked West, or not
5. Kings - Not much to say here. More like the old IRL Hawks IMO
6. Jazz - Formidable Frontcourt. Not feeling the Backcourt or depth as much.
7. Timberwolves - They couldn't make anything come to fruition and their Big 3 may or may not have regressed.
8. Spurs - If healthy, they battle out the Suns for the final spot. With a more formidable star in Anthony Davis, they can make a lot of noise once in the Playoffs

:reporter: :reporter: :reporter:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,252

Post#287 » by DOT » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:25 pm

Spoiler:

Cap's West

Spoiler:

Mavs win the title.

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
RealGM
And1: 39,206

Post#288 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:36 pm

Spoiler:

Cap's West

Spoiler:

Mavs win the title.

Thanks for the work you put into this Cap! And thanks for the dope Raps review in particular. Hoping the Sim shows my young cats and Boogie some love.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#289 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:15 pm

special bounce :devil:
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#290 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:23 pm

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#291 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Trey no shot young with a 77 rating in 2k

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
RealGM
And1: 39,206

Post#292 » by 2010 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:49 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

King of Canada wrote:

The social media rookie shade is starting early — weeks before training camp has even begun.

Michael Porter Jr., who fell all the way to 14th to the Nuggets amidst concerns over his balky back, liked an Instagram comment saying Luka Doncic, the third overall pick, was overrated. Doncic was selected by the Hawks, but then traded to the Mavericks in a deal that included Oklahoma star Trae Young.

Dino Radoncic, Doncic’s former teammate with Real Madrid, fired back, taking a shot at Porter’s injury history that limited his one season at Missouri. Doncic, the EuroLeague MVP, of course, liked that comment.

“MVP of EuroLeague can’t be overrated. A injured player who has not played 5 college games can be overrated,” Radoncic wrote.

Porter may not even play this year after undergoing back surgery of the lumbar spine last month. Donic and Porter are considered by some the two most talented players in the draft. And now they will have plenty of time to continue to take subtle shots at one another.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/10/top-nba-rookies-start-overrated-feud-on-twitter/

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#293 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:18 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:Trey no shot young with a 77 rating in 2k

peep nba live's ratings. mad different lol
DeAndre Ayton, Phoenix Suns (84 OVR)

Marvin Bagley III, Sacramento Kings (82 OVR)

Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks (81 OVR)

Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks (81 OVR)

Jaren Jackson Jr., Memphis Grizzlies (81 OVR)

Mohamed Bamba, Orlando Magic (81 OVR)

Michael Porter Jr., Denver Nuggets (80 OVR)

their graphics are on POINT :o
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#294 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:40 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

What did Knox, Mitchell & Trier get?

magnumt6
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#295 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:44 pm

2010 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

King of Canada wrote:

The social media rookie shade is starting early — weeks before training camp has even begun.

Michael Porter Jr., who fell all the way to 14th to the Nuggets amidst concerns over his balky back, liked an Instagram comment saying Luka Doncic, the third overall pick, was overrated. Doncic was selected by the Hawks, but then traded to the Mavericks in a deal that included Oklahoma star Trae Young.

Dino Radoncic, Doncic’s former teammate with Real Madrid, fired back, taking a shot at Porter’s injury history that limited his one season at Missouri. Doncic, the EuroLeague MVP, of course, liked that comment.

“MVP of EuroLeague can’t be overrated. A injured player who has not played 5 college games can be overrated,” Radoncic wrote.

Porter may not even play this year after undergoing back surgery of the lumbar spine last month. Donic and Porter are considered by some the two most talented players in the draft. And now they will have plenty of time to continue to take subtle shots at one another.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/10/top-nba-rookies-start-overrated-feud-on-twitter/

That punk (no offense MPH) MPJr should focus on his rehab and less about "talk." He knows he has a spotlight on him since his NCAA days for the back.

You see why I didn't what him on the Knicks from Day 1?! :lol:

magnumt6
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#296 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:46 pm

magnumt wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Read on Twitter

they haven't released the ratings for mitchell and trier yet. but i saw KP is rated 86
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#297 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:50 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
magnumt wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:peep nba live's ratings. mad different lol

Read on Twitter

they haven't released the ratings for mitchell and trier yet. but i saw KP is rated 86

How the fuq is MPJr higher than him and that nig*a BARELY played in the NCAA OR SL?!?! :-? :banghead:

I love Bamba & Triple J, but Knox outplayed both in SL too.

Anyway, thanks Melo good looks my man! :D Anything on the other 2 Knicks I mentioned?

magnumt6
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#298 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:17 pm

magnumt wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
magnumt wrote:

Read on Twitter

How the fuq is MPJr higher than him and that nig*a BARELY played in the NCAA OR SL?!?! :-? :banghead:

Anyway, thanks Melo good looks my man! :D Anything on the other 2 Knicks I mentioned?

ya porter should be like a 65 :lol:

i think u missed it in my post at the bottom where i said they didnt release any ratings on mitch/trier, but KP is a rated 86. i should've put in the top of my post, my bad
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#299 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:21 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
magnumt wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

i think u missed it in my post at the bottom where i said they didnt release any ratings on mitch/trier, but KP is a rated 86. i should've put in the top of my post, my bad

Yeah, I did miss it. Thanks mate tho for looking.

magnumt6
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#300 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:30 pm

magnumt wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
magnumt wrote:

Yeah, I did miss it. Thanks mate tho for looking.

anytime bro :beer:

Return to New York Knicks