ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Brickley on Working with Frank and Kanter

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,866

Re: Chris Brickley on Working with Frank and Kanter 

Post#161 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:21 pm

HEZI wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
HEZI wrote:Wow even in this games Mudiay can't help but fall to the floor @24 mark

Frank please showout in camp and earn minutes over that bum. I'm liking the aggressive Frank in these videos hopefully it boosts his confidence and carries over to the season. Mudiay can bounce right now as far as I'm concerned

Kanter gonna have a monster season it feels like

Still only 23 yrs old. By comparison Trey, the guy everyone thinks still has potential is 25. Not that I'm saying I got much faith but let's see what Fizz can do with him.

I know but somethings about that dude just irritates me. There's no fire in his belly and sometimes his body language looks like he thinks he's too cool to even be on the court. Maybe I'm being too harsh on him but I really could be totally fine not being forced to watch him play in a Knicks jersey. I'm more interested to see Trier than him to be honest.

mudiay is the worst kind of underachiever. [sorry. typo originally said "overachiever" :lol: typos happen.]

i was a big towel waver of his in the KP draft. i fell for his workout videos. his physical gifts were clear. but he has been a bum. like... fake hustle. like... mission accomplished once he got to the NBA.

and, sure. he and his family should be set for life. but, man. step aside for those who want to take pride in what they do. amen.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,111

Post#162 » by Fat Kat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#163 » by Sark » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

OAKAAK
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#164 » by NYKAL » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:49 pm

WORKOUT videos don't impress me anymore. Dude wants to lose the soft or not ready tag some have put on him, then he needs to show it on the court when it counts. Game 1 of summer league we had the same passive frank. Game 2, he shows some fire then conveniently gets injured before we see anywhere near enough to say he'll be any different than last season.

Haven't given up on him just refuse to get hyped until I see something to get hype about.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,717

Post#165 » by cgf » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:23 pm

NYKAL wrote:WORKOUT videos don't impress me anymore. Dude wants to lose the soft or not ready tag some have put on him, then he needs to show it on the court when it counts. Game 1 of summer league we had the same passive frank. Game 2, he shows some fire then conveniently gets injured before we see anywhere near enough to say he'll be any different than last season.

Haven't given up on him just refuse to get hyped until I see something to get hype about.

That's not quite accurate. Frank got everyone involved for the first 3 quarters of game one and then turned it up in the 4th; which was how he played the entire 2nd game.

But it's not like how he played in the 1st three quarters was a problem, even when focused on facilitating he made life so much easier for Knox than it would be in the two games he played without frank.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,705

Post#166 » by F N 11 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:49 pm

People looked over how improved Franks handles were in the summerleague and still improving.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#167 » by ChilledAlex » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Someone measure Frank because I swear he looks taller than before...

..or is it just me
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,856

Post#168 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:22 pm

ChilledAlex wrote:Someone measure Frank because I swear he looks taller than before...

..or is it just me

.. or you just may be shrinking
ImageImageImage
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#169 » by Infinitimind » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:49 pm

ChilledAlex wrote:Someone measure Frank because I swear he looks taller than before...

..or is it just me

He grew an inch, he is now listed 6'-6"
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#170 » by Infinitimind » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:52 pm

K P 6 wrote:People looked over how improved Franks handles were in the summerleague and still improving.

Agreed. He know what his weakness are and is looking to improved in all those areas. He already has good sized, above average deffense and court vision.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#171 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:10 pm

HEZI wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
HEZI wrote:Wow even in this games Mudiay can't help but fall to the floor @24 mark

Frank please showout in camp and earn minutes over that bum. I'm liking the aggressive Frank in these videos hopefully it boosts his confidence and carries over to the season. Mudiay can bounce right now as far as I'm concerned

Kanter gonna have a monster season it feels like

Still only 23 yrs old. By comparison Trey, the guy everyone thinks still has potential is 25. Not that I'm saying I got much faith but let's see what Fizz can do with him.

I know but somethings about that dude just irritates me. There's no fire in his belly and sometimes his body language looks like he thinks he's too cool to even be on the court. Maybe I'm being too harsh on him but I really could be totally fine not being forced to watch him play in a Knicks jersey. I'm more interested to see Trier than him to be honest.

I feel the same exact way. Good thing about having a young team and a new coach is he'll get his honest chance under Fizz but don't think you got all day cuz the whole team is young, and that excuse I gave him only goes so far when there's other young guys to develop as well. Burke played well and Frank was drafted by us. Gotta perform or be left behind
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#172 » by Tron Carter » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

me watching that last dribble drill sequence

R.I.P Black Mamba
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#173 » by Garbagelo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:58 am

It's time to cut Mudiay
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#174 » by WajaBawl » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:11 am

Read on Twitter

Yall were so hyped for that dunk I swear :lol:

Frank's my guy, but nothing that he's shown in these workout vids has impressed me.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#175 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:33 am

Frank looks fine. The issue is having the confidence to apply all this in-game. But he’s working.

Summer workouts have rarely foreshadowed much of anything. But the one thing Frank and a guy like Mudiay need is reps. So playing ball and doing basketball skill things in general is exactly what we need to see from him.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,125

Post#176 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:38 am

WajaBawl wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yall were so hyped for that dunk I swear :lol:

Frank's my guy, but nothing that he's shown in these workout vids has impressed me.

Disappointed it wasn't part of a made dunk but the aggression is a good sign, since all this non preseason, non real game stuff is tea leaf reading anyway.
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Post#177 » by Juggynaut » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:01 am

It's not about making the dunk, Frank just showed he has more vertical than expected. Also that pass was off.
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#178 » by egelband » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:50 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:If Fiz gets Kanter to shoot 37% from three point range and be decent on defense a lot attitudes about Kanter will change around here.

For about 8 Million backing up KP ill be fine. This is only an option after signing a max off course.

I like this idea. I know it’s not the popular opinion but I like Kanter. As you say, though, as a backup. He’s a good role player but not versatile enough for 30-plus minutes. Which is the name of the game now.
I dunno.
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#179 » by egelband » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Adelheid wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Adelheid wrote:
Its good for the future of the league tbh...the GMs are now smarting up and relying some more on development and youth.
We would see much less of one gm overpay for a certain player type and then being followed by other gms because players demand contracts to be as high if not higher than the former.

very intriguing trend to watch.

at the same time, it reinforces the notion of the NBA being a star-driven league.

at some point they may want to do away with salary cap as a whole, a-la baseball. especially if we're going to have a proper farm system and all that. we could probably pay all players better as a floor, but then have the stars negotiate the "a-rod" contracts.

My preferred salary structure is that players are given lower contracts but can be given large bonuses (based on team wins) which is not governed by the cap. Wonder if that can work out in the NBA.

You like that structure because it will force the players to not sit on their laurels, so to speak? To give a better effort?
I think the players association wouldn’t go for that at all. But I see where you’re coming from. But I think you could also say the teams should just have better judgment in the first place.
I dunno.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#180 » by Adelheid » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:24 pm

egelband wrote:
Adelheid wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
very intriguing trend to watch.

at the same time, it reinforces the notion of the NBA being a star-driven league.

at some point they may want to do away with salary cap as a whole, a-la baseball. especially if we're going to have a proper farm system and all that. we could probably pay all players better as a floor, but then have the stars negotiate the "a-rod" contracts.

My preferred salary structure is that players are given lower contracts but can be given large bonuses (based on team wins) which is not governed by the cap. Wonder if that can work out in the NBA.

You like that structure because it will force the players to not sit on their laurels, so to speak? To give a better effort?
I think the players association wouldn’t go for that at all. But I see where you’re coming from. But I think you could also say the teams should just have better judgment in the first place.

That is why I was pondering if it can make it in the NBA; of course the NBPA would scoff at it, but if they themselves look around, only the guys who benefitted at being in the right place and in the right moment can avail of the increase. Most supporting players ended up underpaid but are crucial to team success. I am also NOT a firm believer of flash-in-a-pan kind of performances warranting a max contract.

Return to New York Knicks