ImageImageImage

Michael Porter Jr. Likes Instagram Comment Calling Luka Doncic Overrated, Euro Players Fire Back

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Re: Michael Porter Jr. Likes Instagram Comment Calling Luka Doncic Overrated, Euro Players Fire Back 

Post#2 » by BlueSan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:27 pm

I dont know if this is sad or laughable...seriously...

It's not just about what was said, but to top it all off with a cherry on top who is saying it...
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: Michael Porter Jr. Likes Instagram Comment Calling Luka Doncic Overrated, Euro Players Fire Back 

Post#3 » by arkuo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:40 pm

MPJ playing early mind games. Dallas vs Denver for the 8th seed LMAO
J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Post#4 » by J_T » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:43 pm

I've stated one of the reasons I would not have picked MPJ with a top 10 pick was also his personality. He seems to be an entitled prick and it was reported he was disliked by his teammates. I didn't see anyone coming to his defense.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the players on that list don't agree with Doncic becoming the ROY but a healthy response would be "I will prove them wrong."

MPJ doesn't have the right mentality, a real competitor will have a different mindset.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#5 » by arkuo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:07 pm

MPJ smoking that Colorado weed.
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by BlueSan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:17 am

What I find it also strange is how this aint all over the media...

Had this been KD or something like that talking it would be already already blown uo and 1000 different videos about it hah
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#7 » by burek3 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:32 am

I don't know, similar archetype was elected to be the president of the USA, so yeah...
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#8 » by Darren » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Porter might not even enter the court. I think getting starter minutes help young players improvement tremendously. Even if I have doubt on Doncic as a go-to guy, I don't question his likelihood to be a starter for next decade. But will he be a star? I don't know. At least, not in an ordinary way - he won't be remembered as a highlight wheel thunderdunks or ankle breaking killer crossovers to happen. But yet, he's a true big PG in Kidd caliber. He needs to be 40% shooter from the arc to be effective like Kidd did.
Darren
RealGM

Post#9 » by Darren » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:33 pm

I won't matter. Euroleague will surplass NBA teams very soon. Even good players cannot win anything with GSW dominance. That's the truth. They are jealous of European players.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#10 » by Mr B » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:07 pm

arkuo wrote:MPJ playing early mind games. Dallas vs Denver for the 8th seed LMAO

I could see that happening. Dallas and Denver battling for that 8th seed down the stretch. What I can’t see is Porter even playing at that point. He’ll likely be injured again.

Did you all see the response from Luka’s friend?

BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by BlueSan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:37 pm

Yes and Luka liking that post and so on ...
Darren
RealGM

Post#12 » by Darren » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:04 am

He should have said the same about Ayton and Bagley. He bellieves that he's indisputed top pick a month ago. Anyway, if it gives Doncic extra motivation to improve his game, I think it's good for us. Doncic does have clear weaknesses at 3D and lacking elite athleticism. I still remember how Dirk takes the critics of him being soft after 2005 Finals to take his game to next level. Dirk becomes ultra clutch since then and makes an impossible run at title at 2011. Dirk really likes to respond with working instead of verbally. His actions speak volume to the critics. Hopefully, Doncic can do the same and surpise all critics.
Lord Cuban
Analyst
And1: 1,894

Post#13 » by Lord Cuban » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Read on Twitter
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions!!!
J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Post#14 » by J_T » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:09 pm

Lord Cuban wrote:
Read on Twitter

Alright then, seems they are both fine with it, so who am I to disagree.
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by BlueSan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:22 am

Accident?

Haha this guy is funny
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#16 » by fuller4379 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 pm

arkuo wrote:MPJ playing early mind games. Dallas vs Denver for the 8th seed LMAO

If the Mavs and Nuggets are competing for the 8th seed, then Luke is going to probably be ROY. That would be a huge jump for the Mavs.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#17 » by arkuo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:39 pm

fuller4379 wrote:

If the Mavs and Nuggets are competing for the 8th seed, then Luke is going to probably be ROY. That would be a huge jump for the Mavs.

Honestly I think we have a shot at #8. We aren't as bad as our record looked last year. Harris, Curry, Barnes, DSJ all had to sit out at one point. Noel decided to take the year off. And Carlisle played Aaron Harrison and Motley when it mattered most. We shouldn't even be able to draft Doncic but that's as much of a wink wink tank as the spurs drafting Tim Duncan out of no where.

People tend to overlook the Mavs and that's okay. We have a very good center in Jordan. And two very good young pieces in DSJ and Doncic. Barnes is still entering his prime. We're under the radar, but looking decent. It could have been a 5 to 8 year rebuild, but turned out to be a 2 to 3 year reload. Not bad. could have been worse.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#18 » by SOUNDCHASER » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:44 am

Our 5th and 6th best men are Dirk and Wes so that is how improved this team is and if Dirk is able to keep performing as well as he did last season then the defense is all we need to work on developing around him and the new core is looking like it can hold up that end to be very adequate on that end of the court.

If we can develop our team to use younger players at the 7th 8th and 9th players off the bench then we have a shot to develop something special.

If Rowdy, Ray, and Brunson pan out well enough to earn playing and time then we see Kostas add to that in another year of seasoning. Or if we start to see major improvement from both Kleber and Jr.?

Watch out. These guys have it in them and they just have to believe that they can do it because they are already in the right place at the right time.

Dirk is not going to be here for much longer and everyone needs to win it for Dirk. We do not need to try we do it or we do not do it and there is no try.

This teams youth has been blessed with the potential but it's not just up to our coaching to develop them it is also up to them to do their part and if for no other reason than that so that we get to the promised land one more time for Dirk and it is looking like we are gearing up for a serious run at making the playoffs.

Kleber especially needs to turn it up. He is no longer a rookie and he has the size so he needs to own his future and do what he needs to do on the court and take the bull by the horns and rip the meat off that bone. If he can work next to Jordan and learn from him especially that killer instinct and attitude then we may see him earning that lions share of playing time and making Powell expendable. Ray needs to earn some PT by stepping it up and maybe developing his perimeter game well enough he can be a 3. Rowdy needs to be a force from downtown as well and earn time at the 2.

It freaking goes without saying that Doncic and DSJ need to perform and get the ball to the man who is in position to score and do a fair amount of scoring themselves as well. This is their team now and they need to be the ones to carry the weight.

Coach needs to send a message to these guys that they will never look back on this coming year and feel good about it unless they are winning a lot more than they did last season. There are no more excuses this is the time to win.

Losing is for the rest of the league the team needs to get over the past failures and move on and make things work or else it is time to find Dirk and freaking apologize to him because Dirk should be telling us all he can't be a part of it anymore if it is not about winning as much as you can, because losing sucks.

Barnes JJB and Dirk all have rings. That is the goal from here on out every year. We are only one player away and this team is a contender. One more big to replace Dirk would be the preferred situation and if we had Kostas brother that would be all it would take to win multiple championships. Hopefully, there is something of his older brother in him.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#19 » by Jstock12 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Soon Luka will prove to MPJ they're not even comparable as prospects :) I wouldn't have selected him over Doncic even if MPJ had no red flags. The Durant comparisons were WHACK. MPJ is more Austin Daye than Durant.

Return to Dallas Mavericks