Dwyane Wade Rules Out Playing In China

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Dwyane Wade Rules Out Playing In China 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:43 am

Dwyane Wade has apparently ruled out playing in China as he was posed the question on Saturday.

“Heat only," said Wade. "If I play the game of basketball this year it will be in a Miami uniform. If I don’t, I’ll be living in Miami or somewhere else probably.”

Wade said he’s in no rush to reach a decision after finishing the 17-18 season with the Heat.

“It’s no clock for me,” Wade said. “I let my agent handle the stuff he needs to handle with Pat and them. It’s not my job to be going back and forth in the meeting with them. When the time is right for both sides to make a decision on what that is, if it it’s right, if it’s wrong, whatever the case may be, I think it will be made.

“Me and UD, Pat has said obviously, we’ve been in Miami for a while and we have the ability to say if we want to continue to play this game, continue to be leaders of the organization. But there are other things that come into play that I have to talk about and I’m sure UD has to talk about on his own. When all of that is final and the decision needs to be made it will be made.

“It’s different now. We’re not sitting down trying to figure out a $100 million contract by July 8th. It’s a different situation now. We have time.”

Wade was offered a large contract in China.

Via Manny Navarro/Miami Herald

PhilippineBulls
Junior
And1: 448

Re: Dwyane Wade Rules Out Playing In China 

Post#2 » by PhilippineBulls » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:37 am

Dwyane wade not swayed by the massive 3yr. 25m offered by china.

A man of integrity. A man without a price. Wade for president
CelticsAreBest
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#3 » by CelticsAreBest » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:08 am

He’s cooked. His game fell of the face of the planet. Who cares where he ends up playing ?

This is just like all the people who care about Carmelo Anthony. They think it’s still 2007.
Soulcatcher33
Veteran
And1: 2,758

Post#4 » by Soulcatcher33 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:04 am

CelticsAreBest wrote:He’s cooked. His game fell of the face of the planet. Who cares where he ends up playing ?

This is just like all the people who care about Carmelo Anthony. They think it’s still 2007.

You're a clown. He's 36 years old at the end of his career...if course he's not close to the player he once was. He can still contribute positively off the bench, though.
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#5 » by JulesWinnfield » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:33 am

UD gets more respect for someone who sucks than anyone ive ever seen lol. Hes the GOAT scrub.
TheGameWinner
Veteran
And1: 1,361

Post#6 » by TheGameWinner » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:25 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:UD gets more respect for someone who sucks than anyone ive ever seen lol. Hes the GOAT scrub.

The reality is UD was a key cog in getting the heats first championship. He's earned his spot in the org. he's great with young players.. what's the issue? He's a player coach at this point.
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by JulesWinnfield » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 pm

TheGameWinner wrote:
JulesWinnfield wrote:UD gets more respect for someone who sucks than anyone ive ever seen lol. Hes the GOAT scrub.

The reality is UD was a key cog in getting the heats first championship. He's earned his spot in the org. he's great with young players.. what's the issue? He's a player coach at this point.

Key cog is stretching it even for 06, decent-ish role player... Hes been useless for years. This entire decade my only memory of him ever doing anything was a decent game against the pacers in the playoffs one year (2012?) and a hard foul or two and some mean mugging along the way. There is no issue. I just find it funny the respect he garners and the way the heat organization and fans talk about him. Its literally been years now since any other team would even consider employing him.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,163

Post#8 » by Heat3 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:43 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:
TheGameWinner wrote:

Key cog is stretching it even for 06, decent-ish role player... Hes been useless for years. This entire decade my only memory of him ever doing anything was a decent game against the pacers in the playoffs one year (2012?) and a hard foul or two and some mean mugging along the way. There is no issue. I just find it funny the respect he garners and the way the heat organization and fans talk about him. Its literally been years now since any other team would even consider employing him.

Well you remember wrong. He was very important in 2006 and did as good a job as any could in defending Dirk. In 2011 he missed most of the season but came back in game 2 against the Bulls and the Heat never lost to them again.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by JulesWinnfield » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Heat3 wrote:
JulesWinnfield wrote:
TheGameWinner wrote:

Well you remember wrong. He was very important in 2006 and did as good a job as any could in defending Dirk. In 2011 he missed most of the season but came back in game 2 against the Bulls and the Heat never lost to them again.

He played all 5 games vs the bulls in 2011. He actually came back at the end of the celtic series the round prior. Might want to get your facts right before calling out someone elses memory. And Fyi his on/off in the 06 playoffs was -11.3 per 100 possessions. They were way better without him on the floor in that first title run

And yea it was his typical 4 pts and 4 rebs per game on 9/27 shooting that made the difference vs Chicago in 2011 lol. That and all the mean mugging im sure he did, his specialty. Legend tho. Best mascot in the game. Respect...loyalty. Heat culture. Bla bla bla
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#10 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Dwade is making a mistake. Pat and the heat dont have his best interests in mind. The Chinese deal and marketing that deal is in his own best interests. You dont see LeBron stayin in Cleveland. He sees furthering his brand as important, he the King moves to LA
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,281

Post#11 » by ciueli » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Looking at Haslem's production over the last three seasons is pretty amazing:

67 regular season Games played out of a possible 246 games (27% of possible games played).
462 minutes played, the equivalent of what a normal 20MPG bench player would play in just 23 games.

Advanced Stats

2015-16: TS% = 43.4%, PER = 9.1, WS/48 = 0.072, Box +/-=-4.5, VORP=-0.2
2016-17: TS% = 52.4%, PER = 8.8, WS/48 = 0.074, Box +/-=-3.2, VORP=0.0
2017-18: TS% = 25.2%, PER = 1.8, WS/48 = -0.059, Box +/-=-7.5, VORP=-0.1

So a massive negative on offence, and, at best an average defender. And last season he was so bad he actually had a negative win shares per 48 and posted scoring efficiency so low as to be virtually incomprehensible. Still trying to understand how a player who has been clearly below replacement level the last 5 seasons has been in the NBA so long, let alone has the opportunity to come back for 2018-2019.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#12 » by dan-man » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:58 pm

ciueli wrote:Looking at Haslem's production over the last three seasons is pretty amazing:

67 regular season Games played out of a possible 246 games (27% of possible games played).
462 minutes played, the equivalent of what a normal 20MPG bench player would play in just 23 games.

Advanced Stats

So a massive negative on offence, and, at best an average defender. And last season he was so bad he actually had a negative win shares per 48 and posted scoring efficiency so low as to be virtually incomprehensible. Still trying to understand how a player who has been clearly below replacement level the last 5 seasons has been in the NBA so long, let alone has the opportunity to come back for 2018-2019.

This is indicative of being in Riley's "circle of trust"... he lets players go out on their terms even if they are mildly serviceable once they have achieved that level of trust w/him. But yeah, most of the Big 3 league would probably be more effective than Haslem at this point.
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by dan-man » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 pm

He's made plenty. No need to grind it out in a strange overseas league w/Marbury. Take a few years off to CHILL and figure out what's next D Wade! See you in Vegas again, next summer.
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by dan-man » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:01 pm

PhilippineBulls wrote:Dwyane wade not swayed by the massive 3yr. 25m offered by china.

A man of integrity. A man without a price. Wade for president

A man whos got plenty of money, no meniscus in his knees and wants to walk when he's 45.
Airmax3D
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#15 » by Airmax3D » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 pm

ciueli wrote:Looking at Haslem's production over the last three seasons is pretty amazing:

Advanced Stats

I feel like you wasted your time over analyzing those stats. He's not on Miami's roster to play the game of basketball anymore. He provides leadership and guidance to the young players. This have an intangible value that can't be reflected in stats.
Now I'm positive He'll take an assistant coach position with the Heat after he's done playing, just like Juwan Howard did before him.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#16 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:03 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Dwade is making a mistake. Pat and the heat dont have his best interests in mind. The Chinese deal and marketing that deal is in his own best interests. You dont see LeBron stayin in Cleveland. He sees furthering his brand as important, he the King moves to LA

I think it has more to do with LeBron's family wanting to live in LA and Wade doesn't want to leave his family.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
CelticsAreBest
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#17 » by CelticsAreBest » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:18 pm

dan-man wrote:

Advanced Stats

This is indicative of being in Riley's "circle of trust"... he lets players go out on their terms even if they are mildly serviceable once they have achieved that level of trust w/him. But yeah, most of the Big 3 league would probably be more effective than Haslem at this point.

Big3 isn’t professional basketball. It isn’t even semi pro. You realize that right ? It’s really old, or terribly washed up basketball players that can’t do anything useful
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by dan-man » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:45 pm

CelticsAreBest wrote:
dan-man wrote:

Advanced Stats

Big3 isn’t professional basketball. It isn’t even semi pro. You realize that right ? It’s really old, or terribly washed up basketball players that can’t do anything useful

Yeah but the point here is that most of the players are better than Haslem so being old, terrible and washed up sounds like a good match no?

Return to Wiretap Discussion