Urban Meyer bout to lose his job?

Moderator: studcrackers

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,423

Urban Meyer bout to lose his job? 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Aug 2, 2018 4:39 pm

He was put on administrative leave by the school. Under investigation.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Re: Urban Meyer bout to lose his job? 

Post#2 » by Revenged25 » Thu Aug 2, 2018 5:17 pm

It's quite possible/likely. Depending on how far they want to actually swing the stick, quite a few of the staff could be getting the boot as well for not reporting to the appropriate authorities.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,181

Post#3 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Aug 3, 2018 3:54 am

"Urban enabled the Abuser"...
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#4 » by Jay 20 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 11:23 am

No matter what people think about this, there is no way Urban survives this. The Buckeyes will be looking for another coach for the 2019 season.

They will let Ryan Day handle things this year since we are less than a month away from the first game, and no big name guys are going to leave their current school to take the Ohio State job with less than a month to prepare.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Sat Aug 4, 2018 4:30 am

Hes gotta be gone
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#6 » by hermes » Sat Aug 4, 2018 1:33 pm

he probably should be gone but i can believe that he somehow manages to stay on (possibly at the expense of the athletic director). reputation would take a serious hit and he's going to be answering questions about this forever
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#7 » by El Turco » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:13 pm

broad caught lying. he'll stay on and dominate.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#8 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:11 am

Meyer gets only a slap on the wrist (3 game suspension lol). The AD gets to keep his job as well. What a joke. I hope the NCAA comes down hard on the University.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:55 am

Joke is right.

r/cfb was great today at least
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,181

Post#10 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:05 am

Wth. We get killed by the ncaa. And pedophiles and wife beaters etc get slapped on the wrist
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:08 am

All news now keeps looking worse too.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#12 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:01 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Wth. We get killed by the ncaa. And pedophiles and wife beaters etc get slapped on the wrist

It was an "internal investigation" by the school. But yeah, should the NCAA get involved, Ohio State will be in a world of trouble.

Quite frankly, both Meyer & the AD should have lost their jobs.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#13 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Honest question for everyone with their pitchforks out.... at what point is it an employers responsibility to know what is going on in an employee's personal life? The same people posting Urban should be fire would be the first one's suing if their employer was snooping around in their personal life. I hate domestic abuse as much as anyone. But, people are acting like Urban was the one hitting her. I just don't get this fire everyone world we live in right now.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:Honest question for everyone with their pitchforks out.... at what point is it an employers responsibility to know what is going on in an employee's personal life? The same people posting Urban should be fire would be the first one's suing if their employer was snooping around in their personal life. I hate domestic abuse as much as anyone. But, people are acting like Urban was the one hitting her. I just don't get this fire everyone world we live in right now.

1. Urban did know.

2. As a part of his employment he's legally required to report this. He did not.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#15 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:19 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:Honest question for everyone with their pitchforks out.... at what point is it an employers responsibility to know what is going on in an employee's personal life? The same people posting Urban should be fire would be the first one's suing if their employer was snooping around in their personal life. I hate domestic abuse as much as anyone. But, people are acting like Urban was the one hitting her. I just don't get this fire everyone world we live in right now.

1. Urban did know.

2. As a part of his employment he's legally required to report this. He did not.

Smith was pulled off of the road in 2015 by the AD. That is Urban's responsibility according to title 9 is to pass it up the chain.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,616

Post#16 » by bmurph128 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:24 pm

bondom34 wrote:

1. Urban did know.

Urban knew, but we don't know all the details of the situation. It sounds a lot like it was one of those TWO sided volatile relationships. The real bad guy here is Zach Smith who should be in prison - but from everything I've read and heard, Courtney made this very murky for someone on the outside to decipher what was going on.

And it's worth noting that even the cops had trouble with that - Zach Smith never got arrested despite the police coming out NINE times.

As for Urban not reporting it - Gene Smith knew. Technically there's a clause in their contracts about reporting incidents to compliance/HR - but from Urban's perspective, what constitutes an incident? That ultimately is why he was suspended. The university is saying that he should have determined that this was an "incident" to report, but it's not that cut and dry. That's a perfectly innocent reason for Urban to not report it.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#17 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:30 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

1. Urban did know.

Urban knew, but we don't know all the details of the situation. It sounds a lot like it was one of those TWO sided volatile relationships. The real bad guy here is Zach Smith who should be in prison - but from everything I've read and heard, Courtney made this very murky for someone on the outside to decipher what was going on.

And it's worth noting that even the cops had trouble with that - Zach Smith never got arrested despite the police coming out NINE times.

As for Urban not reporting it - Gene Smith knew. Technically there's a clause in their contracts about reporting incidents to compliance/HR - but from Urban's perspective, what constitutes an incident? That ultimately is why he was suspended. The university is saying that he should have determined that this was an "incident" to report, but it's not that cut and dry. That's a perfectly innocent reason for Urban to not report it.

Bingo. Smith is scum. Urban was in a real tough spot without any charges. Is he just supposed to take the word of someone going through a MESSY divorce. Smith is the villain here, not Meyer. Urban could have handled some of this better no doubt, but folks with pitchforks acting as if he were the wife beater are annoying.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,616

Post#18 » by bmurph128 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:Wth. We get killed by the ncaa. And pedophiles and wife beaters etc get slapped on the wrist

It was an "internal investigation" by the school. But yeah, should the NCAA get involved, Ohio State will be in a world of trouble.

Quite frankly, both Meyer & the AD should have lost their jobs.

I disagree with everything said here cactus.

For one, Ohio State didn't violate any NCAA rules, so they can't really get involved.

Secondly, people keep saying this stuff without thinking about both sides. I hate domestic violence as much as anyone, but when the police can't even tell what's going on and they're being called out to the residence within minutes or hours of an incident, how can we expect Urban to terminate him immediately? Or even report it up the chain? What would he be reporting? "I've heard through the grapevine that Zach Smith might be abusing his wife" - not too solid.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:36 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

1. Urban did know.

Smith was pulled off of the road in 2015 by the AD. That is Urban's responsibility according to title 9 is to pass it up the chain.

Not sure what you mean by pulled off the road, but his secondary responsibility would be to fire Smith if this was continuing. he didn't and deleted any evidence of conversations with Smith.

Also his requirement isn't to tell Smith, it's to tell the Title 9 coordinators.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:36 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

1. Urban did know.

The reason he should report it is ethical in part, and legal in part. Deleting your old texts to Smith isn't leading me to buy into his idea that he simply forgot, and Smith's work records indicating he needed to work on personal relationships on his yearly review seems to imply something was amiss. To add to his wife knowing and the what now seems to be edited police report? There's a lot of smoke if there's no fire.

Return to NCAA Football