What grade do you give the 76ers for their offseason?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

What grade do you give the 76ers for their offseason? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:07 pm

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. F
watpho71
Junior
And1: 111

Re: What grade do you give the 76ers for their offseason? 

Post#2 » by watpho71 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:49 pm

I gave them an "A". They made good and easy decisions. Top priority was bringing back Reddick. Brought back Johnson. Brought in Wilson Chandler and Muscala. They didn't do too much, good thing. The young guys are their core and will keep developing with quality playing time. I would not be surprised if they are the 2 seed in the East.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#3 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:33 pm

watpho71 wrote:I gave them an "A". They made good and easy decisions. Top priority was bringing back Reddick. Brought back Johnson. Brought in Wilson Chandler and Muscala. They didn't do too much, good thing. The young guys are their core and will keep developing with quality playing time. I would not be surprised if they are the 2 seed in the East.

I gave them a B because there was a potential to win a championship this season if they could have sold Paul George or LeBron on signing. Or Kawhi in a trade.

But I'm thinking now maybe it should be an A- because despite all that... they preserved their cap space... resigned a replaced their key contributors to their second half of the season 16 game winning streak run... and most importantly picked up an EXTREMELY valuable draft pick.

That was at the price of picking a player that could help them win today and trading down in the draft, but unless we're talking franchise talent (which it's close at that pick range) that's the better long term move.
timstrasser
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#4 » by timstrasser » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:23 pm

I give them an A- and here are my reasons: I think it is the right move to let this team grow together. We have so many young guns and young guys that need to play together more and develop as a team. Would I have been happy to sign LBJ or Kawhi? Sure. In light of that not happening, I'm happy with Ben and Joel playing together and I'm optimistic with Fultz coming back. I'm excited to see what Brett Brown has planned for our next jump up. I like the Muscala addition too. HOWEVER, I was frustrated with our draft; I would have loved to draft Michael Porter Jr. and letting him heal on injured reserve for a year. Then, I would have loved to select Mitchell Robinson to back up Embiid. I do like the Shamet pick.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,725

Post#5 » by HotelVitale » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Can't give anything higher than a C since they didn't get the results they wanted. I also don't think they made any real mistakes--LBJ was clearly set on the Lakers and PG on re-signing, and the Spurs weren't interested in the Sixers trade assets. The smaller moves they made were all okay but no real wins, just decent moves for reasonable but not great prices. (I also loved trading Bridges for #16 and the future Heat pick, but I'm personally low on Zhaire and liked some others much much more in that range).

Overall, seems like a C to me--they held the line and kept a decent team together while not taking on bad money or anything, but they also didn't make a big move that would jump them into the Celtics/Raptors tier.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#6 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:03 am

This is a strange poll. I am not sure what the 76ers did this offseason?
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#7 » by phraoh » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:18 pm

I gave them a D, although I was tempted to give them a C. Not sure how anybody could give them anything more than a C. They lost shooting of 2 vets who helped them tremendously last half of the season last year. Made a bad (at least in the short term) trade at the draft, and didn't get that additional big time player. An injury to one of their big 2 and they will be battling for the playoffs, not the Eastern Conference title. As it is, I don't think they get past the second round of the playoffs.
nbacomplex IG
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by nbacomplex IG » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:45 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:This is a strange poll. I am not sure what the 76ers did this offseason?

Answer: Absolutely nothing at all
[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/nbacomplex/[/instagram]
bj2323
Junior
And1: 31

Post#9 » by bj2323 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:09 pm

phraoh wrote:I gave them a D, although I was tempted to give them a C. Not sure how anybody could give them anything more than a C. They lost shooting of 2 vets who helped them tremendously last half of the season last year. Made a bad (at least in the short term) trade at the draft, and didn't get that additional big time player. An injury to one of their big 2 and they will be battling for the playoffs, not the Eastern Conference title. As it is, I don't think they get past the second round of the playoffs.

I also gave them a D, mostly in part of what you alluded to. However, they deserve some credit for getting Wilson Chandler for free, but in my opinion, he won't make much of a difference.
I likes sports
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#10 » by colaroaster » Sat Sep 1, 2018 5:23 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:This is a strange poll. I am not sure what the 76ers did this offseason?

fired their GM b/c he got caught with a twitter burner account
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#11 » by arasu » Sun Sep 2, 2018 12:26 am

Gave 'em a B.

They re-signed Reddick without sacrificing future cap space, and they upgraded from Belinelli to Chandler, giving them a shooter with more positional flexibility. Those are A moves. They replaced one shooting big for another, Ilyasova for Muscala, a lateral move. Anderson's and Luwawu-Cabarrot's production should be easily replaced by Zhaire Smith. Which brings us to their biggest move, the trade down from Mikal Bridges to Smith. Bridges seemed to be the perfect fit, a probable future star filling a position of need. Bridges could become an elite shooter and play some D as well, which is exactly what the Sixers need to take the next step. Smith is more of a project on offense. He does have the potential to be a great two-way player, in the mold of Victor Oladipo, but that seems like a years-down-the-road possibility at best. There is, of course, the unprotected draft pick they received for trading down. If Smith and/or that future pick turn into stars, they could help make the Sixers a powerhouse team through most of the 2020's. The Sixers are clearly playing the long game, AKA 'the process', which has worked out well so far. I see the chance to win sooner than later with Bridges as the better move though, so I downgraded them from A to B.

Return to Polls Discussion