ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe Budden: "Jimmy Butler wants to join the Knicks"

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Re: Joe Budden: "Jimmy Butler wants to join the Knicks" 

Post#261 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Lets be clear, I will quit on the Wolves after watching them since they came to town good and bad, (mostly bad) if they trade Butler for some crap you don't want. THJ and Noah or Lee?
I would let JB walk rather than be stuck with those contracts. Knox before the season, and an unprotected first plus Frank at the deadline.
Sure you can sign him in the summer, so neither side is in a strong position. He could also stay here for more money than any other club could pay. It's possible. Kyrie can opt out after this year.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#262 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Does anyone know why Noah is being asked to stay away from the team.
Seems odd now that the FO has shifted. Dolan pissed with him?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#263 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:05 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:KP ain't siting out all year voluntarily. No way. No how.

And if he did sit out while healthy, who would want to play with a player like that?

Some people here are being mind-controlled by The Grandmaster Tank Manipulator.

I keep repeating myself and tell them that we just need to draft well. Like we did this year. Just make the right pick and everything else will work itself out. Make smart basketball decisions.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,487

Post#264 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:09 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:Lets be clear, I will quit on the Wolves after watching them since they came to town good and bad, (mostly bad) if they trade Butler for some crap you don't want. THJ and Noah or Lee?
I would let JB walk rather than be stuck with those contracts. Knox before the season, and an unprotected first plus Frank at the deadline.
Sure you can sign him in the summer, so neither side is in a strong position. He could also stay here for more money than any other club could pay. It's possible. Kyrie can opt out after this year.

That's understandable, but also why the only way I can imagine a Butler trade to NYK making sense on our end is if it's a CP3 type deal on the eve of FA involving THJr, the 2020 1st & a secondary piece like Kornet or Burke. Cause it'd be really tough to build a contender around KP, Kyrie & Jimmy if we're shipping any of Knox, Frank, or our 2019 1st out. And we can't bank on having too long of a window in which to do so with that trio.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cgf
RealGM

Post#265 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:10 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:Does anyone know why Noah is being asked to stay away from the team.
Seems odd now that the FO has shifted. Dolan pissed with him?

They don't want him being a malcontent in the locker room because he (incorrectly) thinks he can still play. And they don't want him to teach the kids just how hard you can party in NYC.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#266 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 pm

cgf wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Lets be clear, I will quit on the Wolves after watching them since they came to town good and bad, (mostly bad) if they trade Butler for some crap you don't want. THJ and Noah or Lee?

That's understandable, but also why the only way I can imagine a Butler trade to NYK making sense on our end is if it's a CP3 type deal on the eve of FA involving THJr, the 2020 1st & a secondary piece like Kornet or Burke. Cause it'd be really tough to build a contender around KP, Kyrie & Jimmy if we're shipping any of Knox, Frank & our 2019 1st out. And we can't bank on having too long of a window in which to do so with that trio.

I understand, but then what the hell are we stuck with? Bad contracts? Rather do what you all did and tank for a strong draft. Again, after finally getting to the playoffs (14 year drought) just to trade the player single handedly took us there, I would have to give up.
And just think how Towns would react? I believe he would checkout and ask for a trade.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#267 » by reub » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:28 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:KP ain't siting out all year voluntarily. No way. No how.

And if he did sit out while healthy, who would want to play with a player like that?

Some people here are being mind-controlled by The Grandmaster Tank Manipulator.

I keep repeating myself and tell them that we just need to draft well. Like we did this year. Just make the right pick and everything else will work itself out. Make smart basketball decisions.

I wouldn't trade anyone but Hardaway for Butler because we can just sign him after the season ends. Plus it would hurt our place in the next draft. The season after this one will be our time to really shine.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#268 » by cuyankees » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:29 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
cgf wrote:

That's understandable, but also why the only way I can imagine a Butler trade to NYK making sense on our end is if it's a CP3 type deal on the eve of FA involving THJr, the 2020 1st & a secondary piece like Kornet or Burke. Cause it'd be really tough to build a contender around KP, Kyrie & Jimmy if we're shipping any of Knox, Frank & our 2019 1st out. And we can't bank on having too long of a window in which to do so with that trio.

I understand, but then what the hell are we stuck with? Bad contracts? Rather do what you all did and tank for a strong draft. Again, after finally getting to the playoffs (14 year drought) just to trade the player single handedly took us there, I would have to give up.
And just think how Towns would react? I believe he would checkout and ask for a trade.

Rest assured, there's 0 chance Wolves FO would accept JB for THJ & Lee wout a bunch of picks or Frank/Knox attached to them. Ignore the ridiculous, nonsensical trades that only benefit the Knicks in shedding bad contracts.
cgf
RealGM

Post#269 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:40 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Do you mean in a trade now or next june? I agree that a trade doesn't make sense for you at all now unless Jimmy & KAT hate each other so much that just getting rid of Jimmy would make him happy...which doesn't seem to be the case.

If it's next June, it would only make sense for you if THJr had a strong season for Fizdale and was closer to neutral value on his contract...which would have 1 year less on it. So he could be a solid starter for you around KAT & Wiggins...if he also bounces back this year.

If THJr struggles like he did last year, then the only chance we have at adding Kyrie & Jimmy (or KD), would be to pay a rebuilding team to eat his deal and then sign them outright.

Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,958

Post#270 » by Besart19 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Kyrie / Burke / Baker
Frank / Mudiay / Trier
Butler / Hezonja / Dotson
Knox / Draft '19 / Thomas
KP6 / Robinson / Kornet
Strength and Honour!
cgf
RealGM

Post#271 » by cgf » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Psh, you mean:

Irving | Ntilikina
Knox | Hezonja
Durant | Little
Porzingis | Green
Kanter | Robinson

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#272 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:59 pm

cgf wrote:Psh, you mean:

Frazier| Ntilikina
Gervin| Hezonja
Bird| Little
Porzingis | Green
Chamberlain| Robinson

FFY
ImageImageImage
cgf
RealGM

Post#273 » by cgf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:02 am

Clyde_Style wrote:

Frazier| Billups
Gervin| Turkoglu
Bird | Kawhi
Porzingis | Rodman
Chamberlain | Chandler

FFY

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#274 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:05 am

cgf wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Frazier| Clyde_Style
Gervin| CGF
Bird | CapN'O
Porzingis | Shammgod
Chamberlain | Moocow

FFY

Major 2nd Unit improvements
ImageImageImage
cgf
RealGM

Post#275 » by cgf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:10 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
cgf wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
FFY

Major 2nd Unit improvements

Are you seriously trying to get me to come off the bench? Please.

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,636

Post#276 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:34 am

Kyrie and Jimmy are the dream, especially since Kyrie coming to NY hurts Boston. Please let this happen.
amsterdamknicks
Sophomore
And1: 130

Post#277 » by amsterdamknicks » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:19 pm

I haven’t read the whole thread, but are people really considering our first in a package for Butler...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RealGM Forums
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Re: Joe Budden: 

Post#278 » by cgmw » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:24 pm

amsterdamknicks wrote:I haven’t read the whole thread, but are people really considering our first in a package for Butler...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RealGM Forums

No, pretty sure I started that game of Telephone.

My original statement was something like: "You're kidding yourself if you think Steve Mills (read: Jim Dolan) isn't picking up the phone when Minny offers Jimmy Butler for a first (see: Bargnani, A. et al)."

That doesn't mean I'm advocating. It means I'm not blind to the historical bloodbath of Jim Dolan's reign of terror. And neither are the other 29 gms.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#279 » by I_Like_Dirt » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Frazier| Clyde_Style
Gervin| CGF
Bird | CapN'O
Porzingis | Shammgod
Chamberlain | Moocow

Most of those guys can barely walk or speak coherently anymore. Adding a bunch of old retired NBA players who aren't much good anymore to that group isn't going to help.
Bucket! Bucket!
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#280 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:35 pm

I_Like_Dirt wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Frazier| Clyde_Style
Gervin| CGF
Bird | CapN'O
Porzingis | Shammgod
Chamberlain | Moocow

Most of those guys can barely walk or speak coherently anymore. Adding a bunch of old retired NBA players who aren't much good anymore to that group isn't going to help.

Buy my T-Shirt!

ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks