jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Re: Cavs roster & training camp 

Post#261 » by jbk1234 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#262 » by jbk1234 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#263 » by jbk1234 » Sat Sep 8, 2018 10:07 pm

Sounds like the Cavs and Hood are working on a deal between $7M-$9M per over three years.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2018/09/cavaliers_sign_david_nwaba_to.html
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#264 » by Stillwater » Sun Sep 9, 2018 10:36 am

^ personally hope he settles on the qo and lets the market determine his true value after this season. no point in overpaying which 9mil per seems like right now. Even 7 per seems questionable unless he is a starter.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#265 » by Stillwater » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:54 am

as hoped he signed the QO
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#266 » by jbk1234 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:38 am

Stillwater wrote:as hoped he signed the QO

If he signed the $7M per deal, I suspect he would've been considered a minor trade asset on that deal.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#267 » by JonFromVA » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:52 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

If he signed the $7M per deal, I suspect he would've been considered a minor trade asset on that deal.

He's still a minor trade asset (if he plays well) - we just need his approval. Maybe we can even S&T him to get around the fact another team would not get his Bird rights? (don't feel like digging through the CBA to confirm)
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#268 » by jbk1234 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:07 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

He's still a minor trade asset (if he plays well) - we just need his approval. Maybe we can even S&T him to get around the fact another team would not get his Bird rights? (don't feel like digging through the CBA to confirm)

If Hood has concluded that he's not coming back to the Cavs after this season no matter what, then I'm not sure how important his Bird rights will be.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#269 » by JonFromVA » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:34 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

If Hood has concluded that he's not coming back to the Cavs after this season no matter what, then I'm not sure how important his Bird rights will be.

His Bird rights has value to a team that trades for him - if they don't have cap space. If we're allowed to S&T him, though, we could work around that. But in that case, the Cavs might not want to take that much money back and it wouldn't surprise me if the Base Year Compensation rule kicked in and complicated things further.

Rodney just wants more money than we're willing to offer him right now. I'm sure he'll work with us if we can put together a trade that gets him what he wants; but may block a deal where he'd just be used as an expiring.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#270 » by jbk1234 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:46 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

His Bird rights has value to a team that trades for him - if they don't have cap space. If we're allowed to S&T him, though, we could work around that. But in that case, the Cavs might not want to take that much money back and it wouldn't surprise me if the Base Year Compensation rule kicked in and complicated things further.

Rodney just wants more money than we're willing to offer him right now. I'm sure he'll work with us if we can put together a trade that gets him what he wants; but may block a deal where he'd just be used as an expiring.

Once the player signs the Q.O., I'm pretty sure that's it. I don't think you can extend at that point and I know the player has to consent to be traded because the acquiring team doesn't have his Bird rights.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#271 » by JonFromVA » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:30 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Once the player signs the Q.O., I'm pretty sure that's it. I don't think you can extend at that point and I know the player has to consent to be traded because the acquiring team doesn't have his Bird rights.

Ugh, I was trying to avoid it, but I looked some more in to it and my interpretation is that an extend & trade would be permitted, but the rub would be that the salary increase would be capped at a very low number (4.5%) as would the annual increases.

So, this would not make Rodney happy.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#272 » by Stillwater » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:41 am

[url]
Read on Twitter
[/url]
Interesting...
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#273 » by gflem » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Media day Monday, our first look at the new Cavs. I believe JR is gone by the end of camp.
BTW, the lag on this site is the main reason I haven't posted in a while, it seems that RealGM is more interested in loading 3 or 4 ads on every page (even the login page) rather than having fan driven content. Oh, well there's always the Real Cavs fans forums.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#274 » by Stillwater » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:12 pm

gflem wrote:Media day Monday, our first look at the new Cavs. I believe JR is gone by the end of camp.
BTW, the lag on this site is the main reason I haven't posted in a while, it seems that RealGM is more interested in loading 3 or 4 ads on every page (even the login page) rather than having fan driven content. Oh, well there's always the Real Cavs fans forums.

yeah even with ad blockers mobile platform use is garbage anymore on here.
don't agree J.R> is gone at all. I think his biggest value is on draft day next summer where his contract can be moved for full value despite the partial guarantee and then waived and paid the partial by the recipient of Smith.He is one of the few players next summer with a large enough contract signed before the rule change that he should get us something solid in return.
I guess a team that wants his clutch shooting as rare as it is anymore paired with his on ball defense might give up something of value albeit likely less before the season starts or if they intend to do the same thing with him next summer.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 242

Post#275 » by cavs4872 » Tue Oct 2, 2018 9:10 pm

Anyone else happy LeBron left? Like we're gonna get to watch a team play team ball for the first time in a while.

And I don't think it's necessary to move JR, but he's definitely the most expendable piece that appears to have no real reason to be here anymore.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#276 » by Stillwater » Tue Oct 2, 2018 9:40 pm

cavs4872 wrote:Anyone else happy LeBron left? Like we're gonna get to watch a team play team ball for the first time in a while.

And I don't think it's necessary to move JR, but he's definitely the most expendable piece that appears to have no real reason to be here anymore.

In some ways I actually am glad Lebron left with what we have on the roster having youth on it's side going forward & given the roster in place this season anyway has the versatility across the board to a solid team with a good mix of young and old. However I will miss going to the ECF and the Finals every season.
I think it will be awhile before the Cavs are a legit contender again, but we have some really solid building blocks
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#277 » by Stillwater » Sun Oct 7, 2018 2:20 am

Damn even Smith came into camp in better shape with a new jump in his step.
Zizic looked much better game 2 not playing with the unsigned group like he did in game 1.
Sexton is legit, Dekker showed me some things I didn't know he had , Osmans passing is contagious,
Boston used much of the same players that went to the ecf and we beat them both games easily.
So the only question is are the Celtics overrated this season or are we severely underrated?
I think it's the latter.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#278 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Read on Twitter

This does not bode well for Preston IMO. Cavs signed him to a two-way deal so he'll still probably be assigned to the Canton Charge, but he's not making the NBA roster.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#279 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:43 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This does not bode well for Preston IMO. Cavs signed him to a two-way deal so he'll still probably be assigned to the Canton Charge, but he's not making the NBA roster.

Maybe, but I just figure they are taking a 1 game flyer on him.He's a freakish athlete and is already 25. Preston has a lot more upside than this guy though.
Honestly would think any one of unsigned could be added to a vacant 2-way including the possibility Holland is gone.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#280 » by jbk1234 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:57 pm

I really don't like having Sexton and Homeless Kyrie in the same back court off the bench. It seems like a really bad idea.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers