ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#41 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#42 » by Wizardspride » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#43 » by WallToWall » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Looking forward to see what Ewing can do with Govan after one more year of tutelage. If there is a way for Govan to improve his quickness and if he grows 1 more inch, he will go higher in the next years draft. He was probably disappointed at where he was going to land in this years draft, and that fed into why he withdrew his name from the this years draft.
With ball handlers who can score in Pickett at SF, Akinjo and McClung at G, this will be an interesting team to watch. Really looking forward to what this season will bring for the Hoyas.
Ewing has done a nice job with recruiting. If he were able to get a good PF to transfer or enroll, this would be a great recruiting class. As its stands, the recruiting class is pretty good...probably/guessing top 20 in the nation.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#44 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:03 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#45 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#46 » by Wizardspride » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#47 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 5, 2018 2:59 am

Dat2U wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I know some people will disagree but 10 years ago he might have been a 1st round pick. Now, he's not getting drafted and probably has little shot at an NBA career.

Two things Cs need to be able to do in the league today. Be quick enough to defend on switches on the perimeter and/or be able to space the effectively from 3 pt range. It's great if one has both but they've got to have at least one or the other. Govan has neither.
I don't disagree.

However, I believe that the trends are cyclical. This past draft with Ayton, Bamba, Jaren Jax Jr., and even other Capela-types in Mitchell Robinson is bound to feature epic battles in the paint. Classic big man finishes in the end of games will circumvent pace and space bigs to an extent.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#48 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 5, 2018 3:01 am

This season I am going to be a Hoyas fan as well as a Terps fan.

Patrick Ewing is a good coaching prospect. He's got a lot of talent to work with.

Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#49 » by Wizardspride » Fri Oct 5, 2018 3:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#50 » by Ruzious » Fri Oct 5, 2018 9:24 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:This season I am going to be a Hoyas fan as well as a Terps fan.

Patrick Ewing is a good coaching prospect. He's got a lot of talent to work with.

Ewing's certainly one of the most likable coaching prospects around, imo. He's got 2 very big veteran centers who can shoot the lights out. It'll be interesting to see if they can play well together in this small-ball era.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#51 » by closg00 » Fri Oct 5, 2018 9:52 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:This season I am going to be a Hoyas fan as well as a Terps fan.

Ewing's certainly one of the most likable coaching prospects around, imo. He's got 2 very big veteran centers who can shoot the lights out. It'll be interesting to see if they can play well together in this small-ball era.

The Hoya's are going to be a hot ticket this year, I hope McClung is not a one-and-done
RealGM

Post#52 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 5, 2018 11:09 pm

Mac McClung!

I've already seen video of the dunking, relatively short, white baller.

ONE and DONE
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#53 » by Wizardspride » Fri Oct 5, 2018 11:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#54 » by Wizardspride » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#55 » by Wizardspride » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,969

Post#56 » by DCZards » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

G'Town's freshman were very impressive Tuesday night. Really enjoyed watching them. McClung and LeBlanc are good...but the star of the group is the PG James Akinjo. Great handle, good passer and seems to be a decent shooter as well.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#57 » by closg00 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:07 am

McClung dropped 38 today, is the kid the real deal, or is he the 2nd coming of Jimmer? The kid is savvy, but i'm not sure he has NBA handles or quickness.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#58 » by Wizardspride » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:35 pm

closg00 wrote:McClung dropped 38 today, is the kid the real deal, or is he the 2nd coming of Jimmer? The kid is savvy, but i'm not sure he has NBA handles or quickness.

Yeah. I don't see an NBA player.

Still, he'll be a really exciting college player.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#59 » by 80sballboy » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:30 am

Wizardspride wrote:
closg00 wrote:McClung dropped 38 today, is the kid the real deal, or is he the 2nd coming of Jimmer? The kid is savvy, but i'm not sure he has NBA handles or quickness.

Yeah. I don't see an NBA player.

Still, he'll be a really exciting college player.

A little too early to tell, he is a four-year player most likely and has to learn how to play the point because he's only 6-2. But he's not the shooter that Jimmer was but he's a much better athlete. Probably will be a G-League stud or rule over in Europe unless he improves his handle and playmaking abilities. He definitely has the hops and is a sturdily-built kid.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#60 » by Wizardspride » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Washington Wizards