Bellator General Discussion and Info

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1681 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:20 pm

I will never be able to acknowledge that Ryan Bader is a good fighter. He's just too muscle bound for me to think the man an athlete.

Also, never forgive anyone who loses to Tito.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1682 » by REDDzone » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:31 pm

Lol. Bader is good bro. Will win the tournament for sure.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#1683 » by Headliner » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:52 pm

I love tournaments.
So glad that there hasn’t been a replacement yet.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1684 » by Bernman » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:40 pm

They really should have combined these two cards into another tentpole. Don't see the point holding events back-to-back nights, diluting the interest, and talent.

Tonight's main card is better. There's a little interest at least in all those fights. I think Fedor stuffs Sonnen and boxes him up. I'm going to go with the upset by Awad because he's got big power on the uppercut and expect Bendo will eat some with that low stance and grinding style that isn't dominant. Tokov is probably too well-rounded for Shlemenko. Kongo is always game but Johnson is more in his prime and isn't deficient in an area to be beaten tactically. Corrales is a bit above Main's pay-grade.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1685 » by REDDzone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:02 am

There are so many reasons why I shouldn't be a fan of Benson on paper but I just find myself rooting for him time in and time out. Go Benson!
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#1686 » by Susan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:18 am

REDDzone wrote:There are so many reasons why I shouldn't be a fan of Benson on paper but I just find myself rooting for him time in and time out. Go Benson!

I was a fan until he talked about my Khabibi right there.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1687 » by Susan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:36 am

Bellator needs to up their intro game. RIZIN is king.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1688 » by REDDzone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:46 am

Lol I have to watch again but did Fedor just trap and roll Chael? Helio would be proud.
Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Post#1689 » by Slo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:49 am

Chael was like alright i fought for almost 5minutes this should be long enough, im done now :lol:
Susan
RealGM

Post#1690 » by Susan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:47 am

Read on Twitter

Two of the greatest to ever do it.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#1691 » by High 5 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:33 am

It's absolutely insane that Sonnen has fought Silva, Jones, and Fedor. That's the GSP fight that the world needs.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#1692 » by Bernman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:20 am

Kongo is a marvel of genetic (manipulation?). Looking back on it, what an impressive run he's on, even if you don't look at age. He beat Volkov, Tony Johnson who beat Volkov and Lewis, Timothy Johnson who was 4-3 in UFC and coming off a win there, and Sakai who just debuted with a victory in UFC. 7 straight wins. And it actually hasn't been like watching paint dry the last couple of times.

That was also the best Bendo has looked in a long time. Everything was explosive, he was chaining attacks together, and he was always a half step ahead of Awad who ain't a bum on the ground. Quickly ducked under Awad's haymakers to grab doubles. Makes you want to see him against the contenders again. Him vs. Primus would be interesting if he can get thru Chandler.

Fedor found the fountain of youth also. Part of it was the match-up. Chael's approach was predictable, Fedor had the size/power advantage, and the sambo background to grab unders and throw him around. But still, he didn't look washed up athletically, and was mentally very present unlike some of his recent fights. Still gotta like Bader in the finale, but that performance made Fedor a threat for a round or two. Bader is basically a bigger, more athletic version of Chael. Still think Bader may need that fight on the ground.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1693 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:48 pm

You have to give Chael credit for that pressure strategy. God damn. He'd pop right back and try to close distance very time. Run right back at that windmill. It almost cost him, even, given that he wasn't waiting for the referee.

But that duck low boxing combination he used so well against Silva isn't going to cut it against a guy who throws uppercuts like Fedor. Tucking your chin doesn't remove it from the punch trajectory.

Most of all, he must be embarrassed about getting ragdolled in the grappling. He is so proud of wrassling.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1694 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:49 pm

REDDzone wrote:There are so many reasons why I shouldn't be a fan of Benson on paper but I just find myself rooting for him time in and time out. Go Benson!

What happened to them quads, though? a) Lost his virginity when married, had to stop sublimating, b) Was on some sauce, c) Not putting in the same kind of effort
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1695 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Susan wrote:Bellator needs to up their intro game. RIZIN is king.

Super weird they didn't have Chael v Fedor's walk-ins. It makes everything so much more momentous. But I guess it tempts people's remote fingers.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1696 » by REDDzone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:02 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:

What happened to them quads, though? a) Lost his virginity when married, had to stop sublimating, b) Was on some sauce, c) Not putting in the same kind of effort
Not sure why he'd leave UFC and get off the sauce in bellator lol.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,873

Post#1697 » by Jasen777 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Slo wrote:Chael was like alright i fought for almost 5minutes this should be long enough, im done now :lol:

He totally looked like a guy who had a bonus for making it 4 and a half minutes in and no win bonus... (Just to be clear I'm not saying Bellator did anything but certainly plausible Sonnen was not 100% into the fight).

Anyways Fedor was gassing at 3 minutes, and got ankle picked and taken down by a lazy double leg. I don't expect it to go well for him against Bader.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1698 » by Susan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:55 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:You have to give Chael credit for that pressure strategy. God damn. He'd pop right back and try to close distance very time. Run right back at that windmill. It almost cost him, even, given that he wasn't waiting for the referee.

But that duck low boxing combination he used so well against Silva isn't going to cut it against a guy who throws uppercuts like Fedor. Tucking your chin doesn't remove it from the punch trajectory.

Most of all, he must be embarrassed about getting ragdolled in the grappling. He is so proud of wrassling.

I mean, Fedor is an elite grappler in his own right. Chael was taken down by Demien at 185 in their fight (and mounted effortlessly).

I remember my wrestling coach at the time talking about how Greco guys have a certain weakness towards something or another and that Maia exploited it perfectly.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1699 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Throwback Rebney card last night. Pitbull brother against someone who ran the Strauss, Galvao, Georgi gauntlet. I bet they get 13, 14 viewers. Never change.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#1700 » by Bernman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:03 pm

Coker was always excusing the delay in scheduling of Page-Daley on waiting for the next English card. Now apparently they're having another English card in early February and it's not even taking place there. It's rumored for the States. I could understand if it would expedite the process. But at best it's ticketed for two weeks earlier on Fedor-Bader. I bet it's not even held there.

Why can't Scott manage a tournament properly? They always take forever. Put a couple on each card back-to-back. Fans are always excited but then it loses luster the longer it drags on. People can't remember context. The decision to include Rory even though he was fighting for the MW title on the same night as an opening round fight was probably the wackiest decision.

Edit: Apparently they're announcing Daley-MVP tonight. For some reason they're holding it in Connecticut the week after the UK card. Bizarre decision-making again by Bellator to say the least.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts