Image ImageImage Image

Official: Bulls Corporate Jersey Logo is Zenni Optical

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Re: Official: Bulls Corporate Jersey Logo is Zenni Optical 

Post#101 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:55 pm

RememberLu wrote:What I don't understand is how no company managed to outbid Zenni Optical for this sponsorship. Has anyone even heard of this company before today? How do the Reinsdorfs always manage to sell sponsorship to these companies you never hear about. They sold their baseball stadium to Guaranteed Rate. I guess the well known companies don't want to associate themselves with the Reinsdorf product

Yeah - I dont understand how this seemingly small company just cut a huge deal with the Bulls. Never heard of them....
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#102 » by RememberLu » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:01 pm

The Philadelphia 76ers get Stubhub and we get Zenni Optical

We deserve a Tesla or a Google sponsorship, god dammit
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#103 » by ZOMG » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Zenni Optical. :D The more I think about it, the sadder (and funnier) it seems.

Sometimes this team just kills me.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#104 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Couldn't we have gotten a bigger time sponsor?

Like honestly.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#105 » by Red8911 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Surprised eye wear companies still make money. Why doesn’t everyone just get lasik? Agree with others they couldn’t get a bigger company sponsor?
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#106 » by ZOMG » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Zenni Optical probably thought they were gonna sponsor the Windy City Bulls.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#107 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Doesn't look as bad as the GE logo on the Celtic jersey, at least. They're all hideous except the Harley logo on the Bucks jersey. That actually looks cool, but it's such an iconic logo. I'm looking at Eddy Jukez avatar and picturing Michael's jersey with the Zenni logo on it.. kind of makes me sad. Honestly, though, if the product on the floor was better, I wouldn't even care. But it isn't. The game itself has become so boring, I really don't even care.

Makes me glad I won't be around to see how far this goes. It's bad enough the NBA has become a big cesspool of gossip and drama. It's like JVG and Zach Lowe were talking about in that podcast. How sad it is that half the younger fans of the league don't even really know or care about basketball. What happens on the court has become secondary to all the drama and gossip.

My interest in sports has waned to all time low levels the past few years. The NBA has become boring. The NFL has been so pussified. MLB has lost it's luster, I haven't even watched a NLCS or ALCS game this season. Even my interest in the Blackhawks has gotten low enough I don't even buy the Center Ice package anymore. Last season I rarely ever watched Bulls games live, the product was so bad, I could only stand the condensed games with no commercials or time in between plays. I haven't pulled the trigger on League Pass and I don't think I will. Honestly, the streams out there now are just as good quality, even better at times LIVE (I found myself watching pirate streams sometimes last season for live action, because LP quality was so bad)_..... so why pay for something when the quality is not up to snuff? As far as I'm concerned the NBA just bought League Pass for all of us anyway, with this jersey defamation program. They've padded their pockets enough over the years with my dime and I don't see them passing any of these revenue streams on to the fans in any way. They just keep taking.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#108 » by Leslie Forman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Ah yes, nothing says "big market" like some poor man's Warby Parker knockoff.
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#109 » by GrowingHorns » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Reinsdorf got himself and his friends a life-time deal of glasses and chose to pull the trigger with this sponsorship. That's the reason. Don't @ me.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#110 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:56 pm

RememberLu wrote:The Philadelphia 76ers get Stubhub and we get Zenni Optical

We deserve a Tesla or a Google sponsorship, god dammit

Like the Google logo would look any better or cooler on the jersey. It's just what it is... 2.5 inches of something that has nothing to do with the team, league, or basketball. If were the traditional multicolored Google logo it would look even worse. I feel the jersey is tainted.... but I won't be buying one any time soon anyways

..... unless I have to pay up on my offer to Sho'nuff if Lavine has a monster season. But dice is on the hook for half that, too.. lol

For the company, Zenni, it's obviously worth whatever they paid. Millions of people who never heard of Zenni, like me for instance, now know who they are and what they do. I clicked on their website just like everyone else here most likely did... and thousands of people will when they see the logo on the jersey. When you need a new pair of glasses, you forget about it, until you REALLY need them. So, it's a great move for that company. TBH, I just found myself browsing their frames for men ... I won't buy anything from there, because I have a pair of vintage frames I just need to send out for lenses.... but I looked and I guarantee they will see a big bump in business and brand recognition because of this deal.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,811

Post#111 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:59 pm

It doesn't look terrible. It could have been a lot worse.

As the company itself, well, this is the first time companies are looking to invest on these types of patches in basketball, so it's no surprise that some of the bigger companies didn't feel the need to attach themselves to a mediocre basketball team. If we ever become a winning basketball team again, this logo likely changes in the future.
Why so serious?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#112 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Why so serious?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#113 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Why so serious?
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,289

Post#114 » by dumbell78 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:54 pm

lol I have actually been using Zenni for years, cheap online glasses. Made in China glasses that cost $20 to my door.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#115 » by Axolotl » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

They look so happy and not awkward at all in their glasses!
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#116 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:17 pm

ZENNI OPTICAL ha ha ha ha, GTFO :lol:
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#117 » by samwana » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:31 pm

Red8911 wrote:Surprised eye wear companies still make money. Why doesn’t everyone just get lasik? Agree with others they couldn’t get a bigger company sponsor?
I love my glasses, would never get my eyes lasered, as long as glasses help.

Sent from my SM-G920F using RealGM mobile app
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#118 » by League Circles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:59 pm

It looks so **** it looks photoshopped on to the jersey. Smh.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#119 » by League Circles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:00 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hahahaha looks like Dunn is yawning at the end
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#120 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:16 pm

I know some a disappointed with the quality of the brand (I am a little), but the bottom line, does it really matter? Is it really going to make people feel any less about the Bulls?

Honestly, it's so blended in to the jersey, I can hardly notice. I'm only paying attention because it's new, but once the season starts, I'll probably be oblivious to the fact that it's even on there and even think about it again.

It definitely isn't going to make me want to buy a jersey more or less. I mean last season they already had a bunch of teams with the patches, and besides the photos when teams announced their respective patches, during the season, I never noticed or paid attention to it in the slightest.
Why so serious?

Return to Chicago Bulls