Image ImageImage Image

Official: Bulls Corporate Jersey Logo is Zenni Optical

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: Official: Bulls Corporate Jersey Logo is Zenni Optical 

Post#121 » by kyrv » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:38 pm

The Senator wrote:Hate it. But it is what it is.

Sums it up for me as well. NBA can't wait until they put ads on the actual court.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#122 » by League Circles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:52 pm

Companies who have profitable monopolies like pro sports leagues in the US should be careful what they tinker with. The money is just rolling in and here they are gambling with the culture they've developed in search for even more. Could backfire long term and become the pandering, bitch made mess that the NFL has been for years.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#123 » by kingkirk » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 pm

League Circles wrote:We should have a jersey burning protest outside the UC. I'm being serious.

Remain calm.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#124 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:24 pm

Mark K wrote:
League Circles wrote:We should have a jersey burning protest outside the UC. I'm being serious.

Remain calm.

Buy product and then destroy product in "protest" after they already have your money.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
IrishBeatdown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,052

Post#125 » by IrishBeatdown » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:42 pm

Was hoping for the Red Bull Bulls sponsorship, probably already been said already, but I think its a missed opportunity.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#126 » by League Circles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:44 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Mark K wrote:

Remain calm.

Buy product and then destroy product in "protest" after they already have your money.

The goal would be to shame them.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#127 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:31 am

I guess there arent many football fans here lol. There are like 10 sponsors on them at any time.
The Cult of Personality
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#128 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:44 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I guess there arent many football fans here lol. There are like 10 sponsors on them at any time.

We had big discussions around these sponsorship badges when it was first announced, and yeah, the majority of the world have sponsorship on their respective jerseys, it was inevitable that the NBA being the business that they are, that they were going to eventually follow suit.

The fact that they started off but just a small badge on such a small space on the jersey is fine, it's when they eventually have more all over the jersey is when I will be annoyed, but even then, people will eventually become accustomed to it over time.
Why so serious?
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#129 » by kingkirk » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:33 am

League Circles wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
Mark K wrote:
Remain calm.

The only ones shamed in jersey burning, particularly over something like this, are the dummies doing the burning.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#130 » by SHO'NUFF » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:38 am

I google image Zenni and it reminds me of a #MeToo Movement
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
League Circles
RealGM

Post#131 » by League Circles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:45 am

Mark K wrote:
League Circles wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Buy product and then destroy product in "protest" after they already have your money.

The only ones shamed in jersey burning, particularly over something like this, are the dummies doing the burning.

The destruction of the destruction of art is art.
tedwilliams1999
Veteran
And1: 1,787

Post#132 » by tedwilliams1999 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:49 am

I've bought prescription glasses from Zenni before; I can definitely vouch for the company, they're amazing. So cheap and yet the quality still is perfectly fine
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#133 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:12 am

League Circles wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
Mark K wrote:
Remain calm.

I'm sure they will feel shame all the way to the bank.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#134 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:23 am

Speaking of all the way to the bank, I wonder what the deal is and how much they are getting paid a season, and for how many seasons.
Why so serious?
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#135 » by GrowingHorns » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:24 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:I guess there arent many football fans here lol. There are like 10 sponsors on them at any time.

We had big discussions around these sponsorship badges when it was first announced, and yeah, the majority of the world have sponsorship on their respective jerseys, it was inevitable that the NBA being the business that they are, that they were going to eventually follow suit.

The fact that they started off but just a small badge on such a small space on the jersey is fine, it's when they eventually have more all over the jersey is when I will be annoyed, but even then, people will eventually become accustomed to it over time.

Since I've been a little kid, about 30 years ago, i have hated the ads on jerseys and on ice, we have in Finland, as so many other have. Part of the greatness in NBA and NHL has always been how clean the outfits and arenas look like. It looks so good. I will never get accustomed to ads.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#136 » by League Circles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:40 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
League Circles wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Buy product and then destroy product in "protest" after they already have your money.

I'm sure they will feel shame all the way to the bank.

That's all we can hope for. It would be enough for me, just knowing that they're ashamed inside.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#137 » by RememberLu » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:00 am

Mark K wrote:

Remain calm.

I'm with him, let's burn stuff and flip cars
Habs72
Rookie
And1: 449

Post#138 » by Habs72 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:39 am

Lmao all you crybabies, welcome to the 21st Century :lol: .
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#139 » by ZOMG » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:49 am

tedwilliams1999 wrote:I've bought prescription glasses from Zenni before; I can definitely vouch for the company, they're amazing. So cheap and yet the quality still is perfectly fine

That's also the goal of the Bulls as an NBA team. So it's a nice fit after all. 8-)
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#140 » by RastaBull » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:04 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:I know some a disappointed with the quality of the brand (I am a little), but the bottom line, does it really matter? Is it really going to make people feel any less about the Bulls?

Honestly, it's so blended in to the jersey, I can hardly notice. I'm only paying attention because it's new, but once the season starts, I'll probably be oblivious to the fact that it's even on there and even think about it again.

It definitely isn't going to make me want to buy a jersey more or less. I mean last season they already had a bunch of teams with the patches, and besides the photos when teams announced their respective patches, during the season, I never noticed or paid attention to it in the slightest.

I agree, it is blended very well and not at all an eye sore. I'm glad there is no color involved, it doesn't really detract from any of the jerseys. Can't really see in that blurry image, but it is red on Lauri's white jersey? Wonder what color it will be on the City Jersey, should be the chicago baby blue like the Nike logo. (we still have the same City Jersey right?)

Thankfully, i doesn't really look like a "patch" like some of them obviously do. I think it works into the jersey well like some of the other more successful ones do: Boston's GE logo, Cleveland GoodYear, Minny's Fitbit. (I will say my fav is the Harley on the Milwaukee jersey ... it's color stands out, but it just seems to fit and give it a good edge ... plus it's a historic local org).

I do wish if we were going for a patch we at least got a brand started and headquartered in Chicago, you think there'd be plenty of options out there. Zenni is from San Fran I think.
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?

Return to Chicago Bulls