Image ImageImage Image

Official: Bulls Corporate Jersey Logo is Zenni Optical

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

kurtatx
Starter
And1: 921

Re: Official: Bulls Corporate Jersey Logo is Zenni Optical 

Post#141 » by kurtatx » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:14 pm

League Circles wrote:Companies who have profitable monopolies like pro sports leagues in the US should be careful what they tinker with. The money is just rolling in and here they are gambling with the culture they've developed in search for even more. Could backfire long term and become the pandering, bitch made mess that the NFL has been for years.

You're over exaggerating. It just a jersey sponsor

Here's a soccer jersey

Formula 1

These sports are fine. The NBA is fine. Just be glad they store bought jerseys don't have the corporate logos.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#142 » by RememberLu » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:16 pm

^ this dude is fine with his sports team having JEEP written on the front of their uniforms instead of the name of the team
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,348

Post#143 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:41 pm

GrowingHorns wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:I guess there arent many football fans here lol. There are like 10 sponsors on them at any time.

We had big discussions around these sponsorship badges when it was first announced, and yeah, the majority of the world have sponsorship on their respective jerseys, it was inevitable that the NBA being the business that they are, that they were going to eventually follow suit.

The fact that they started off but just a small badge on such a small space on the jersey is fine, it's when they eventually have more all over the jersey is when I will be annoyed, but even then, people will eventually become accustomed to it over time.

Since I've been a little kid, about 30 years ago, i have hated the ads on jerseys and on ice, we have in Finland, as so many other have. Part of the greatness in NBA and NHL has always been how clean the outfits and arenas look like. It looks so good. I will never get accustomed to ads.

Unfortunately this is just standard for a business model now. You are basically losing out if you aren't doing it.

They aren't going to pull it back, they will only add to it.

This is equal to people complaining about gaming companies that make DLC, virtual currency and supply drops. They make too much money for them.
The Cult of Personality
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,441

Post#144 » by CBS7 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:34 pm

I've been using Zenni for a while. They sell quality prescription glasses for cheap. Sunglasses too.

That being said I'd expect something more mainstream/bigger for the Chicago freakin' Bulls.

Anyhow, tons of people who never heard of Zenni now have heard of them. Mission accomplished?
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 729

Post#145 » by Hold That » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:06 pm

CBS7 wrote:I've been using Zenni for a while. They sell quality prescription glasses for cheap. Sunglasses too.

That being said I'd expect something more mainstream/bigger for the Chicago freakin' Bulls.

Anyhow, tons of people who never heard of Zenni now have heard of them. Mission accomplished?

You’d think but even the Lakers chose Wish.com. In the end it’s about who cuts the biggest check.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,297

Post#146 » by Leslie Forman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:09 pm

RememberLu wrote:^ this dude is fine with his sports team having JEEP written on the front of their uniforms instead of the name of the team

It's really just an American thing to have a giant number and team nickname on the uniform.

Foreigners must think we're all developmentally disabled from how we watch sports, between that, the anthem (sometimes TWO!) before every game, and all the shiny things happening during breaks.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#147 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:26 pm

I want to know how close some iconic Chicago companies and brands got to winning this-

or did Zenni just blow everyone out of the water with the bid.
Those stories about how much companies have paid for this advertising is crazy.

and of course the Bulls are one of those teams that likes to keep this stuff private.
But we'll know eventually.

I didn't realize Zenni was that big, but if Wish paid Lakers like 20mil - then Zenni had to pony up something in that neighborhood.
I don't think any Chicago brand needs to spend 25 mil on advertising like this. Viernna and Portillos are doing just fine. Gino and Giordanos I see in other states.

Zenni needed the advertising.

(I got a pair last year, saw them on twitter and tried it. the glasses are great, it's nice knowing i can trash or lose them and have a new pair next week for like $30)
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,131

Post#148 » by League Circles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:38 pm

kurtatx wrote:
League Circles wrote:Companies who have profitable monopolies like pro sports leagues in the US should be careful what they tinker with. The money is just rolling in and here they are gambling with the culture they've developed in search for even more. Could backfire long term and become the pandering, bitch made mess that the NFL has been for years.

Here's a soccer jersey

Formula 1

These sports are fine. The NBA is fine. Just be glad they store bought jerseys don't have the corporate logos.

I've noticed lots of soccer fans are trying to normalize this. It's simply not acceptable to many of us. I don't care that it's been normalized in other sports that I'm not interested in.

I see it equivalent to if an otherwise compelling character on a great drama series always had some obscure logo trademark on his shirt to ruin the costume design. Like if Ciro or Don Pietro in Gomorrah always were walking around with a "Go Daddy" logo on their chest. That's how I see it. These are costumes of performing arts, not billboards.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
League Circles
RealGM

Post#149 » by League Circles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:
RememberLu wrote:^ this dude is fine with his sports team having JEEP written on the front of their uniforms instead of the name of the team

It's really just an American thing to have a giant number and team nickname on the uniform.

Foreigners must think we're all developmentally disabled from how we watch sports, between that, the anthem (sometimes TWO!) before every game, and all the shiny things happening during breaks.

Well we can't all be classy enough to throw bananas at the players to object to their race.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#150 » by League Circles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:42 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
GrowingHorns wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
We had big discussions around these sponsorship badges when it was first announced, and yeah, the majority of the world have sponsorship on their respective jerseys, it was inevitable that the NBA being the business that they are, that they were going to eventually follow suit.

The fact that they started off but just a small badge on such a small space on the jersey is fine, it's when they eventually have more all over the jersey is when I will be annoyed, but even then, people will eventually become accustomed to it over time.

Since I've been a little kid, about 30 years ago, i have hated the ads on jerseys and on ice, we have in Finland, as so many other have. Part of the greatness in NBA and NHL has always been how clean the outfits and arenas look like. It looks so good. I will never get accustomed to ads.

Unfortunately this is just standard for a business model now. You are basically losing out if you aren't doing it.

They aren't going to pull it back, they will only add to it.

This is equal to people complaining about gaming companies that make DLC, virtual currency and supply drops. They make too much money for them.

It's hard to quantify the brand image damage caused by the ads, but it exists as a non zero number.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#151 » by cool007 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:34 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:I want to know how close some iconic Chicago companies and brands got to winning this-

and of course the Bulls are one of those teams that likes to keep this stuff private.

I didn't realize Zenni was that big, but if Wish paid Lakers like 20mil - then Zenni had to pony up something in that neighborhood.
I don't think any Chicago brand needs to spend 25 mil on advertising like this. Viernna and Portillos are doing just fine. Gino and Giordanos I see in other states.

(I got a pair last year, saw them on twitter and tried it. the glasses are great, it's nice knowing i can trash or lose them and have a new pair next week for like $30)

Now you wait and see, in coming months prices are going to be doubled.
kurtatx
Starter

Post#152 » by kurtatx » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:56 pm

League Circles wrote:
kurtatx wrote:

Here's a soccer jersey

Formula 1

I've noticed lots of soccer fans are trying to normalize this. It's simply not acceptable to many of us. I don't care that it's been normalized in other sports that I'm not interested in.

I see it equivalent to if an otherwise compelling character on a great drama series always had some obscure logo trademark on his shirt to ruin the costume design. Like if Ciro or Don Pietro in Gomorrah always were walking around with a "Go Daddy" logo on their chest. That's how I see it. These are costumes of performing arts, not billboards.

Basically, what soccer fans are trying to say is "You'll get over it".

And guess what? You'll get over it :)
kurtatx
Starter

Post#153 » by kurtatx » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:00 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:I want to know how close some iconic Chicago companies and brands got to winning this-

I bet interest was lukewarm. Glad it's not like "United" or something like that. It looks fine.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#154 » by SHO'NUFF » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:11 pm

I think it actually looks fine. Colors blend perfectly.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,830

Post#155 » by bledredwine » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:24 pm

It’ll be Jimmy John’s with Jimmy John’s face on top.

That or chic filet.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,297

Post#156 » by Leslie Forman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:57 pm

kurtatx wrote:Basically, what soccer fans are trying to say is "You'll get over it".

And guess what? You'll get over it :)

People will get over the idea just fine, but even in soccer, plenty of people whine about the actual sponsor/logo all the time.

I guess just be happy there isn't a giant Chevy logo on this thing.
chitowndish
Pro Prospect
And1: 460

Post#157 » by chitowndish » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:06 am

Does this mean Funk is going to start getting players names right?
greenl
Starter
And1: 1,517

Post#158 » by greenl » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:26 am

cool007 wrote:

Now you wait and see, in coming months prices are going to be doubled.

Pretty sure Jabari Parker has a personal contract with Portillo's Beef- either that or he just eats there... a lot.
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." - Bill Hicks
navdeep_singh
Senior
And1: 291

Post#159 » by navdeep_singh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:36 am

Oh come now, it’s not like one is playing, * cough cough* the ahem “Old Lady”. :)

Everyone knows the classic Notts Cointy and or Newcastle United “prison garb pinstripes” when they see it :) :)
Habs72
Rookie
And1: 449

Post#160 » by Habs72 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:43 pm

^And this dude is making a scene outta nothing :wink: .

Return to Chicago Bulls