Image ImageImage Image

Official: Bulls Corporate Jersey Logo is Zenni Optical

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Habs72
Rookie
And1: 449

Re: Official: Bulls Corporate Jersey Logo is Zenni Optical 

Post#161 » by Habs72 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:
RememberLu wrote:^ this dude is fine with his sports team having JEEP written on the front of their uniforms instead of the name of the team

It's really just an American thing to have a giant number and team nickname on the uniform.

Foreigners must think we're all developmentally disabled from how we watch sports, between that, the anthem (sometimes TWO!) before every game, and all the shiny things happening during breaks.

Well said, im giggling a little inside :lol: .
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#162 » by RememberLu » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Foreigners think we're developmentally disabled because we expect our team's uniforms to have the name of the team on them, instead of being walking billboards for random companies?

This is a rare case of America doing something right that the rest of the world does wrong
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#163 » by League Circles » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:
RememberLu wrote:^ this dude is fine with his sports team having JEEP written on the front of their uniforms instead of the name of the team

It's really just an American thing to have a giant number and team nickname on the uniform.

Foreigners must think we're all developmentally disabled from how we watch sports, between that, the anthem (sometimes TWO!) before every game, and all the shiny things happening during breaks.

It's developmental delay to have a legible number and a team name?
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
kurtatx
Starter
And1: 921

Post#164 » by kurtatx » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:31 pm

RememberLu wrote:Foreigners think we're developmentally disabled because we expect our team's uniforms to have the name of the team on them, instead of being walking billboards for random companies?

This is a rare case of America doing something right that the rest of the world does wrong

Meh. In Europe, the club nicknames are nicknames. Juventus is the Bianconieri because they wear those colors. Liverpool is the reds because of their colors. The nicknames are more organic in that sense.

The Bulls are called the Bulls because they were founded by stockbrokers and wanted to be the opposite of Bears.

Now, don't get me wrong, the name and the brand are iconic and I wouldn't want them to replace "Bulls" with "JEEP", but I'm just pointing out you're exaggerating and a little "zenni" logo does nothing to the design really (no one seems to be complaining about the Nike swoosh on the other shoulder anyway). When it comes to the Bulls, you'll love whatever jersey they win big games in, regardless what it looks like. That's how jerseys work.

And I'm not touching the developmentally delayed crack
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#165 » by ZOMG » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:31 pm

As I've said, I hate the NBA jersey ads.

You can't compare Euro soccer and NBA basketball here. Soccer jerseys have always been much more about traditional team colours and things like stripes, not the name of the team and the team logo like in the NBA.

In soccer, some long-term sponsor names/logos have even become a part of a team's visual identity.
kurtatx
Starter

Post#166 » by kurtatx » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:32 pm

ZOMG wrote:As I've said, I hate the NBA jersey ads.

You can't compare Euro soccer and NBA basketball here. Soccer jerseys have always been much more about traditional team colours and things like stripes, not the name of the team and the team logo like in the NBA.

In soccer, some long-term sponsor names/logos have even become a part of a team's visual identity.

This is definitely true but I don't think a little Zenni patch is some slippery slope thing, honestly.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#167 » by ZOMG » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:40 pm

kurtatx wrote:
ZOMG wrote:As I've said, I hate the NBA jersey ads.

This is definitely true but I don't think a little Zenni patch is some slippery slope thing, honestly.

Yeah, well... I just know that I've always considered the NBA jersey to be an island of purity in a league otherwise oversaturated with business and marketing.

I think it would've been wise to retain that island.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#168 » by League Circles » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:42 pm

kurtatx wrote:
RememberLu wrote:Foreigners think we're developmentally disabled because we expect our team's uniforms to have the name of the team on them, instead of being walking billboards for random companies?

Meh. In Europe, the club nicknames are nicknames. Juventus is the Bianconieri because they wear those colors. Liverpool is the reds because of their colors. The nicknames are more organic in that sense.

The Bulls are called the Bulls because they were founded by stockbrokers and wanted to be the opposite of Bears.

Now, don't get me wrong, the name and the brand are iconic and I wouldn't want them to replace "Bulls" with "JEEP", but I'm just pointing out you're exaggerating and a little "zenni" logo does nothing to the design really (no one seems to be complaining about the Nike swoosh on the other shoulder anyway). When it comes to the Bulls, you'll love whatever jersey they win big games in, regardless what it looks like. That's how jerseys work.

I'd prefer the Nike swoosh to also be gone, but Nike is absolutely integral to the culture of NBA basketball. It's also a clean, textless logo. Zenni optical is just some budget e-vendor trying to get some attention. Nike is part of NBA art and culture, Zenni is nothing.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#169 » by RememberLu » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:47 pm

kurtatx wrote:

I just think you give up the world line by line. Sure, right now it's not a big deal because it's a little white patch on the shoulder. But if we normalize this, which we already are, then its a steady progression to soccer style jerseys. Maybe people think it's inevitable and there's no point complaining about something we can't control. Which is fair enough.

The Reinsdorf family already owns one of the most profitable teams in the league and for the past two decades their team have been more often bad than good. This is another cash grab for them that leaves the fans with a bitter taste in their mouths. It would be one thing if they were using the money to put a quality product on the floor, but they aren't. So I hope they really enjoy that Zenni money
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Re: Per KC: Bulls will have major business announcement tomorrow 

Post#170 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:48 pm

RememberLu wrote:Let's put logos all over an iconic jersey, fans will love this.

Boycotting everything Zenni. I don't even know what it is but I'm boycotting it

lol, I've worn glasses since 2nd grade, which unfortunately led to several beatings in the 70's, kids were pretty cruel back then, so I've familiarized myself with pretty much every optical company out there out of necessity.

I'm quite shocked that you're not familiar with Zenni, its very much a household name and their styles are fantastic, I could almost say iconic.

ok jesus christ, nevermind, who the hell am I kidding?

I have worn glasses all my life but i've never heard of this company and an image search came up with multiple examples of where their glasses have made ugly people even uglier.

God help us...
kurtatx
Starter

Post#171 » by kurtatx » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:19 pm

RememberLu wrote:
kurtatx wrote:

I just think you give up the world line by line. Sure, right now it's not a big deal because it's a little white patch on the shoulder. But if we normalize this, which we already are, then its a steady progression to soccer style jerseys. Maybe people think it's inevitable and there's no point complaining about something we can't control. Which is fair enough.

The Reinsdorf family already owns one of the most profitable teams in the league and for the past two decades their team have been more often bad than good. This is another cash grab for them that leaves the fans with a bitter taste in their mouths. It would be one thing if they were using the money to put a quality product on the floor, but they aren't. So I hope they really enjoy that Zenni money

I don't know if it's fair to say "are more often bad than good". They've been .500 or better 12 of the last 20 seasons. That's not awesome, but let's be careful before we trash something that probably is not worth trashing.
-Illmatic-
Head Coach
And1: 97

Post#172 » by -Illmatic- » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:23 pm

I hate it. I knew the branding was inevitable, but the fact that it's a no name company makes it look so cheap. I was really hoping they'd go the route of the Celtics or Bucks, and find a sponsor that at least has some connection to the city.
Hiryu
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#173 » by Hiryu » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:36 pm

I don't care for it, but it could have been worse. Could have been Guaranteed Rate with their huge downward into the toilet pointing arrow logo... Oh wait, that's already taken thank goodness.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#174 » by League Circles » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Until we have a winning team again, I say we call them the "Zenni Optical Bulls" for every game thread title.
chrispatrick
Starter
And1: 1,261

Post#175 » by chrispatrick » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Hopefully the revenue generated covers Felicios contract. This is all his fault.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#176 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:59 am

-Illmatic- wrote:I hate it. I knew the branding was inevitable, but the fact that it's a no name company makes it look so cheap. I was really hoping they'd go the route of the Celtics or Bucks, and find a sponsor that at least has some connection to the city.

I don't like any of them but I think the GE logo on the iconic Celtic jersey is hideous and it stands out. I mean, I notice it a lot. I think the Stubhub logo looks bad too. Like I said, the only one that looks cool is the Harley logo on the Bucks jersey. I mean people actually buy gear with that logo on it. Nobody is buying a GE T shirt or hat or a Zenny hoodie. lol
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#177 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:48 am

Don't even notice it. People are over reacting about something trivial.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
nike1
Senior
And1: 313

Post#178 » by nike1 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:14 am

didnt even know what the company was.

but its not an overly obtrusive "logo".
kurtatx
Starter

Post#179 » by kurtatx » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:40 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Don't even notice it. People are over reacting about something trivial.

Yeah, after watching the game, it was almost unnoticeable. Well done.
kurtatx
Starter

Post#180 » by kurtatx » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:41 pm

nike1 wrote:didnt even know what the company was.

but its not an overly obtrusive "logo".

Now you do. It's "working"

Return to Chicago Bulls