Image ImageImage Image

Official: Bulls Corporate Jersey Logo is Zenni Optical

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Re: Official: Bulls Corporate Jersey Logo is Zenni Optical 

Post#181 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:59 pm

-Illmatic- wrote:I hate it. I knew the branding was inevitable, but the fact that it's a no name company makes it look so cheap. I was really hoping they'd go the route of the Celtics or Bucks, and find a sponsor that at least has some connection to the city.

agree, the GE logo looks good on the Celtics uni and its an actual company that people have heard of. The harley logo isn't that attractive on the bucks, and honestly I had to google it I haven't seen them play yet but again, an actual company.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#182 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Zenni Optical is an actual company too. They aren't fake.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#183 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:33 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:
-Illmatic- wrote:I hate it. I knew the branding was inevitable, but the fact that it's a no name company makes it look so cheap. I was really hoping they'd go the route of the Celtics or Bucks, and find a sponsor that at least has some connection to the city.

agree, the GE logo looks good on the Celtics uni and its an actual company that people have heard of. The harley logo isn't that attractive on the bucks, and honestly I had to google it I haven't seen them play yet but again, an actual company.

What makes them not an actual company?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,131

Post#184 » by League Circles » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

I think he means a company with an existing identity, not one trying to build one through us.

I'd rather see Coca Cola on there. Anything that we already like but can maybe love more due to affiliation with the Bulls, vs something we don't know about.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#185 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:07 pm

League Circles wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

I think he means a company with an existing identity, not one trying to build one through us.

I'd rather see Coca Cola on there. Anything that we already like but can maybe love more due to affiliation with the Bulls, vs something we don't know about.

yes, jesus christ I wasn't trying to imply that they were a fictitious sponsor, but rather that Zenni would be more appropriate for my softball team. < ok that's taking it too far. But maybe for the windy city bulls.

Coca Cola, awesome idea and fits the color nicely.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#186 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:21 pm

League Circles wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

I guess I don't really care one way or the other, but I don't think the goal of these sponsorships leaguewide is to get the biggest sponsor possible or one that your fans already consume.

Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#187 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
League Circles wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

I guess I don't really care one way or the other, but I don't think the goal of these sponsorships leaguewide is to get the biggest sponsor possible or one that your fans already consume.

not losing sleep myself, but honestly, if zenni optical was the biggest sponsor we could get, well, i'll just leave that out there for digestion.

We certainly have bigger fish to fry right now, like winning a ball game or two.

I just feel like our sponsorship search went about as well as our free agency.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#188 » by AKfanatic » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Personally I could care less about the size or how well known the company is with their names plastered on the jersey. I don’t like the ads being placed on jerseys at all.

The only one I’ve seen that doesn’t look terrible is the GE logo on the Celtics jersey....and that’s only because if you don’t look too hard, it at times looks like a four leaf clover, which fits with the Celtics.

Coke, Zenni, Uncle Joe’s reptile removal services can buy airtime for ads or put up some well placed signs in arenas. Leave the uniforms alone.
kurtatx
Starter
And1: 921

Post#189 » by kurtatx » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:38 pm

League Circles wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

Honestly, the jersey sponsorships were probably aimed at smaller, lesser known companies.

Plus, the reality of sports branding is its value for big companies is questionable.
BigJimFinn
Junior
And1: 347

Post#190 » by BigJimFinn » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:12 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
League Circles wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

Yeah, the goal for the teams is to get MONEY for the ads. What surprisingly many people here fail to see is that the improved brand visibility is worth much more MONEY to an online company that doesn't have a high name recognition yet. Counting the messages saying "I had never heard of Zenni before" should give you a clear view into why they would pay a decent chunk for the patch, and a Chinese company is probably not short of cash to spend. I wear glasses, had never heard of them, and might well at least check out their offer next time.

Just be happy that online gambling on sports isn't yet fully legalized in US. When that goes through, expect to have half of NBA teams advertising online betting companies with silly names and god-awful logos.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#191 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:08 pm

Well I was going to go with Felix Gray for some Blue Light glassed (too much screen time) but now because of the sponsorship I am looking st Zenni. Looks like your sponsorship is paying off with me ordering one cheap set of no script glasses lol.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#192 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 3:44 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:Well I was going to go with Felix Gray for some Blue Light glassed (too much screen time) but now because of the sponsorship I am looking st Zenni. Looks like your sponsorship is paying off with me ordering one cheap set of no script glasses lol.

That's funny. I just had an eye exam yesterday and have a new script for glasses and contacts. I never had heard of Zenni before the Bulls signed with them. I just ordered two new pairs of prescription glasses from them. Let you all know what I think when I get them. But just an example of how well the sponsorship works. Got me to at least look at them and their selection and pricing won me over. I'm sure I'm not the first and won't be the last Bulls fan who uses them.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#193 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Aug 2, 2019 4:07 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:Well I was going to go with Felix Gray for some Blue Light glassed (too much screen time) but now because of the sponsorship I am looking st Zenni. Looks like your sponsorship is paying off with me ordering one cheap set of no script glasses lol.

That's funny. I just had an eye exam yesterday and have a new script for glasses and contacts. I never had heard of Zenni before the Bulls signed with them. I just ordered two new pairs of prescription glasses from them. Let you all know what I think when I get them. But just an example of how well the sponsorship works. Got me to at least look at them and their selection and pricing won me over. I'm sure I'm not the first and won't be the last Bulls fan who uses them.

For sure. Nice website for “ virtual try on” of glasses. I have signed off on corporate sponsorships and I have never seen it payoff vs the cost in my experience. It is also near impossible to track. Still hats off to their move, because they needed the exposure.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#194 » by PaKii94 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 4:51 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

For sure. Nice website for “ virtual try on” of glasses. I have signed off on corporate sponsorships and I have never seen it payoff vs the cost in my experience. It is also near impossible to track. Still hats off to their move, because they needed the exposure.

I have used zenni since I think ~2015 when they stared up. They are pretty legit and definitely worth the value.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,144

Post#195 » by Bandit King » Fri Aug 2, 2019 4:54 pm

Perfect company for the multi corp. run Bulls ran by minority owner Jerry Reinsdorf. Have to make that extra cash revenue!
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Markksman_24
Sophomore
And1: 265

Post#196 » by Markksman_24 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:09 pm

So all the "we picked this brand because we care about our image and our history" was BS because they made the jersey look even worse now

Read on Twitter
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,131

Post#197 » by League Circles » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:27 pm

What an ugly **** disgrace. They dishonor our legacy.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#198 » by DuckIII » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Hate it.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#199 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Yeah that green looks awful. They need to switch it back.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,429

Post#200 » by aguifs » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:45 pm

This is fugly as hell... say goodbye to the tradition. Every fu ck in' penny it's worthy
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE

Return to Chicago Bulls