Who will be the first member of the Warriors to leave the franchise?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Who will be the first member of the Warriors to leave the franchise? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Fri Jun 8, 2018 8:11 pm

1. Durant
2. Curry
3. Thompson
4. Green
5. All 4 will retire with team
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Re: Who will be the first member of the Warriors to leave the franchise? 

Post#2 » by colaroaster » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:23 am

green losta step from last year, loses one more he'll be riden pine
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#3 » by Donnyxc » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:31 pm

I've read a lot about Klay. It honestly doesn't sound like he cares about the money that much. But 2018/2019 is his deal year I guess.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
CacchMeIfYouCan
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#4 » by CacchMeIfYouCan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:21 pm

colaroaster wrote:green losta step from last year, loses one more he'll be riden pine

I would say that he has not lost a step, he's just not allowed to take a step. I think Draymond has to do more of the Iggy things now then he was doing before with Iggy getting older and Durant now on the squad. Draymond is still one of the best defenders in the league and his versatility is taken for granted in terms of who he can guard but also the roles he plays on the court.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#5 » by dan-man » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:35 am

If I'm Klay, I win one more next year, and mega max out the following with an attractive alternative just to open another chapter. No point in leaving that much cheese on the table after bagging that many rings already. Could be an opportunity for him to take his game up to another level also, though I suspect he would regret leaving this role w/little pressure and no need to create offense, vs getting the ball in good spots for open looks w/the warriors. In the sets where he took the ball off the dribble this playoffs it didn't work out so well and likely indicative of how it would be as the #1 option elsewhere.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#6 » by Bball0000 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:55 am

dan-man wrote:If I'm Klay, I win one more next year, and mega max out the following with an attractive alternative just to open another chapter. No point in leaving that much cheese on the table after bagging that many rings already. Could be an opportunity for him to take his game up to another level also, though I suspect he would regret leaving this role w/little pressure and no need to create offense, vs getting the ball in good spots for open looks w/the warriors. In the sets where he took the ball off the dribble this playoffs it didn't work out so well and likely indicative of how it would be as the #1 option elsewhere.

Some players care more about the journey / experience / winning / playoffs every year / franchise / culture /etc than the money. He's the son of a former NBA player so he's lived well, he's going to continue to live well with his last contract. We see this all the time with players taking pay cuts to join the "experience" of a winning team and culture and competition. From what I've seen of Klay, he seems like the kind of player who LOVES to win and hates to lose, he plays basketball like it's a game and a passion. When you're that into basketball, plus have the skills, plus prioritizes winning over money, I can see him -- I can see them all -- staying until they retire. Warriors are the most popular bball team on the planet, which means exposure and more endorsement opportunities to offset any type of paycuts. So long as the Dubs hold true to the things that make them a great team -- winning culture, unselfishness, brotherhood, etc. I can see then all making sacrifices to keep the core 4 together for as long as possible. If I'm Joe Lacob, I'm doing everything to keep the core 4 together, even if the rest of the team are vet minimums + D-leaguers.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#7 » by dan-man » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Bball0000 wrote:
dan-man wrote:If I'm Klay, I win one more next year, and mega max out the following with an attractive alternative just to open another chapter. No point in leaving that much cheese on the table after bagging that many rings already. Could be an opportunity for him to take his game up to another level also, though I suspect he would regret leaving this role w/little pressure and no need to create offense, vs getting the ball in good spots for open looks w/the warriors. In the sets where he took the ball off the dribble this playoffs it didn't work out so well and likely indicative of how it would be as the #1 option elsewhere.

Some players care more about the journey / experience / winning / playoffs every year / franchise / culture /etc than the money. He's the son of a former NBA player so he's lived well, he's going to continue to live well with his last contract. We see this all the time with players taking pay cuts to join the "experience" of a winning team and culture and competition. From what I've seen of Klay, he seems like the kind of player who LOVES to win and hates to lose, he plays basketball like it's a game and a passion. When you're that into basketball, plus have the skills, plus prioritizes winning over money, I can see him -- I can see them all -- staying until they retire. Warriors are the most popular bball team on the planet, which means exposure and more endorsement opportunities to offset any type of paycuts. So long as the Dubs hold true to the things that make them a great team -- winning culture, unselfishness, brotherhood, etc. I can see then all making sacrifices to keep the core 4 together for as long as possible. If I'm Joe Lacob, I'm doing everything to keep the core 4 together, even if the rest of the team are vet minimums + D-leaguers.

Re: pay-cuts vs endorsement upside, that could be true. Giving up 30-50 mil is a lot of $$ though! Without an unusually animated personality like Shaq or Barkley, there's only so much marketing / post NBA revenue opportunity IMO.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#8 » by Bball0000 » Tue Jul 3, 2018 1:29 am

dan-man wrote:
Bball0000 wrote:

Re: pay-cuts vs endorsement upside, that could be true. Giving up 30-50 mil is a lot of $$ though! Without an unusually animated personality like Shaq or Barkley, there's only so much marketing / post NBA revenue opportunity IMO.

True lol. We'll see how it goes, but winning never gets old too, so I can see someone like Klay staying.
airjordanair
Senior
And1: 32

Post#9 » by airjordanair » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:32 pm

Is hate to see allay leave but I think he will. There’s no offense running through him.. you know where the ball is going and his minutes aren’t strong. It’s an really weird rotation with Klay. I’d like to see someone describe it to me. Winning is good , everyone loves winning , but money and being the man is a different thing altogether.

I also see KD leaving

Return to Polls Discussion