ImageImageImage

Cavs Regular Season

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Cavs roster & training camp 

Post#281 » by Stillwater » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:27 pm

so not surprisingly Colson and Terry were cut today. Simmons could become something eventually but is too far away so he's gone as well.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Cavs regular season 2018 

Post#282 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:00 pm

This guy is a good follow for Cavs news

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Cavs Regular Season 

Post#283 » by jbk1234 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 3:45 pm

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#284 » by jbk1234 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 5:08 pm

Just to be clear, I think JR is spinning a bit here. We don't know where he would've ended up when given that option and I'm sure he's not happy about coming off the bench in limited minutes. But the truth is he's if he agrees to a buyout, or if Klutch can find a trade that makes sense for the Cavs, both parties can amicably go their separate way.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#285 » by Stillwater » Thu Nov 1, 2018 5:46 pm

^ Yeah here is the video clip https://youtu.be/OPXU8ho5HA8
I don't blame him for expecting a trade at this point, but if they asked him to take a leave of absence they clearly were not intending to move him now but later when more players are available to come back in trades at minimum.
If we do move him now I don't expect it to be for much. Always liked Smith , but his offense has fallen off pretty bad in the past couple seasons where even if he has lost weight and stepped up his game trade partners won't acknowledge it as trade value unless he has pt to prove it.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#286 » by jbk1234 » Fri Nov 2, 2018 1:51 pm

LOL. JR won't accept a buyout according to the Athletic. https://theathletic.com/627678/2018/11/01/jr-smiths-trade-request-to-cavaliers-predictable-and-symbolic-of-greater-team-tumult/ (paywall).

Well then JR, you should probably enjoy getting paid $15M to sit on the bench.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#287 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:59 pm

I don't think the Cavs should sign Klutch players anymore. I understand they have to look out for the best interests of their clients, but this is bad faith IMO.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251696/JR-Smith-Believes-Cavs-Entered-18-19-Planning-To-Rebuild
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#288 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#289 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:31 pm

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#290 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Read on Twitter

It is amazing that the Cavs still don't have any go-to counters in place re: hard doubles for players not named LBJ. My blood has boiled for years watching teams do this to Love while the rest of the Cavs just stand around and watch. Now it's Clarkson and five will get you ten that Sexton is next. You have to be able to make opposing teams pay for doubling your primary scorers.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#291 » by zero24gravity » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:40 pm

Came over to see how ya'll are feeling about getting Burks, but not a single mention about the trade. YIKES!

Anyway, if you keep him around, I think you'll like a lot about Alec. He's not a perfect player, but if I had to chose between former Jazzmen, I'd take Alec over Hood. Alec isn't quite the athlete he was before injuries, but he's still a fearless competitor & strong finisher at the rim. A more open, iso style offense will do him some good.

Korver will be a interesting grab for the Jazz. He's not the player he once was, but Utah really needs a spark from deep, and few are better in the history of the NBA than Korver.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#292 » by jbk1234 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:19 am

zero24gravity wrote:Came over to see how ya'll are feeling about getting Burks, but not a single mention about the trade. YIKES!

Anyway, if you keep him around, I think you'll like a lot about Alec. He's not a perfect player, but if I had to chose between former Jazzmen, I'd take Alec over Hood. Alec isn't quite the athlete he was before injuries, but he's still a fearless competitor & strong finisher at the rim. A more open, iso style offense will do him some good.

Korver will be a interesting grab for the Jazz. He's not the player he once was, but Utah really needs a spark from deep, and few are better in the history of the NBA than Korver.

Honestly, I'd like to flip Alec to a third team. Absent striking gold in the lottery, I feel like this is a two-year rebuild.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#293 » by jbk1234 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 9:46 pm

LOL at Cavs players being upset at the Korver trade. As if Clarkson or Sexton were good at getting him the ball when he was open.

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2018/11/30/cleveland-cavaliers-three-initial-takeaways-kyle-korver-trade/
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#294 » by jbk1234 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 7:11 pm

Cavs waived Harrison who I though showed a little and Preston who did not.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#295 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 3, 2018 2:47 am

jbk1234 wrote:Cavs waived Harrison who I though showed a little and Preston who did not.

Yeah I was hoping they would have been more patient with Preston, but he was a long way off.
Blossomgame was pretty good in college. Not sure what Jalen Jones signing really does for Cavs.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#296 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 3, 2018 1:51 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Cavs waived Harrison who I though showed a little and Preston who did not.

Yeah I was hoping they would have been more patient with Preston, but he was a long way off.
Blossomgame was pretty good in college. Not sure what Jalen Jones signing really does for Cavs.

The downside of the two-way contracts is that they can force teams to make a decision quickly. That said, Preston seems a long way away from being an NBA player right now.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#297 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:02 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

The downside of the two-way contracts is that they can force teams to make a decision quickly. That said, Preston seems a long way away from being an NBA player right now.

Maybe they just don't see Preston as worth developing/ bad work ethic or something/ but these kinds of changes indicate even further this org is reluctant to go into any kind of committed tank. Never really though they would... but these kinds of moves lean towards them trying to be more competitive and trying to win more this season not just in the future and would rather forfeit the draft pick if it meant having a better winning % and developing the young core.Personally don't really care either way, I mean if they land outside the top 10 so be it. This draft although somewhat decent in the top 6 really drops off fast as far as any high upside prospects.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#298 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:04 pm

zero24gravity wrote:Came over to see how ya'll are feeling about getting Burks, but not a single mention about the trade. YIKES!

I liked the trade for both teams. It was a 37-year old shooter for an expiring contract and two seconds. Not sure it was thread worthy.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#299 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:07 pm

Burks fits the Cavs offense well and although the expiring factor is an asset in itself at the dl, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to keep him next summer.
WestbrookLove
Sophomore
And1: 131

Post#300 » by WestbrookLove » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:21 pm

Time to acknowledge how horrible the team's floor spacing has been since Kevin Love's injury. There have been a lot of complaints about the Cavs offense's lack of movement on some of the other forums I've been on, but I expected this after Love went out. Spacing has always been Love's best intangible, and it's universally recognized among all NBA analysts. Osman's play especially has suffered; I always thought Osman had good synergy with LeBron and Love last season.

I think it's funny that some people still think Love doesn't add wins to a team when he actually is healthy. People forget the Timberwolves went from 40 wins in his last season there to 16 after they acquired so-called Maple Jordan, who has since proven to be a bust given his expectations (Wiggins' season has been an absolute joke).

The Cavs certainly would have been more competitive with a healthy Love this season. But he wasn't healthy to start, and now that he's out completely, it's like the 2014-15 Timberwolves all over again. You go from a potential 40 win team to a 16 win team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers