Grizzlies Trades Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: Grizzlies Trades Thread 

Post#181 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:23 pm

NatP4 wrote:Beal or Porter for Parsons+4? Thoughts?

Beal should get it done. That was actually one of the more optimistic scenarios one of our local radio guys was able to come up with. Young All Star with a couple years of team control would be worth a top 5 pick in a good draft especially with the way the Grizzlies draft/develop players ha.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#182 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:CJ McCollum and #24

for

Dillon Brooks, Chandler Parsons, and the #4?

Feel like this is probably a bit close than some of the other offers seen in this thread so far.

Memphis would try to keep Brooks I think. My guess is they will overvalue him a bit due to him being the only draft pick they have hit on in years.

Fun fact: The grizzlies only have two of their 1st round draft picks on the team currently. Conley and Martin. Martin was supposed to be cut in training camp last year.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#183 » by Roy The Natural » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:10 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:CJ McCollum and #24

for

Dillon Brooks, Chandler Parsons, and the #4?

Feel like this is probably a bit close than some of the other offers seen in this thread so far.

Memphis would try to keep Brooks I think. My guess is they will overvalue him a bit due to him being the only draft pick they have hit on in years.

Fun fact: The grizzlies only have two of their 1st round draft picks on the team currently. Conley and Martin. Martin was supposed to be cut in training camp last year.

I could live without Brooks being in the trade.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#184 » by Norm2953 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:55 am

Portland would have to be really sold on Michael Porter's health to make such a deal. Given Portland's
bad luck with injured players its likely they would pass on this deal.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#185 » by psimanic1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:06 am

VCfor3 wrote:
azuresou1 wrote:What are you guys even looking for in moving 4/Parsons?

A team like Atlanta could absorb his entire contract without sending anything back, if that's what was desired. Would leave you with ~$25.5M under the cap, which lets you re-sign Tyreke and add another contributor.

We are already over the cap though. If we do this trade and then resign Evans we wouldn't have much left over. Add in the fact that we don't attract FA and we are looking at a 4-5mil player using the room exception that won't move the needle much. Or we could just use the MLE on Evans and have the #4 pick instead of a 4-5mil guy in FA. It just makes me think that Memphis is listening to offers for 4/Parsons for a good player as opposed to as a pure salary dump.

What about:
Faried, Chandler, #14, one of Lyles/Beasley/Juancho/Lydon

for

Parsons, #4

You are then able to have a team of Conley, Evans, Chandler, Faried, Gasol, that is a playoff team even in the west, and you get #14 and 6th man in Lyley/Juancho for example...
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#186 » by Baller1234a » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:49 am

psimanic1 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
azuresou1 wrote:What are you guys even looking for in moving 4/Parsons?

A team like Atlanta could absorb his entire contract without sending anything back, if that's what was desired. Would leave you with ~$25.5M under the cap, which lets you re-sign Tyreke and add another contributor.

We are already over the cap though. If we do this trade and then resign Evans we wouldn't have much left over. Add in the fact that we don't attract FA and we are looking at a 4-5mil player using the room exception that won't move the needle much. Or we could just use the MLE on Evans and have the #4 pick instead of a 4-5mil guy in FA. It just makes me think that Memphis is listening to offers for 4/Parsons for a good player as opposed to as a pure salary dump.

What about:

for

Parsons, #4

You are then able to have a team of Conley, Evans, Chandler, Faried, Gasol, that is a playoff team even in the west, and you get #14 and 6th man in Lyley/Juancho for example...

That’s a terrible offer. You guys were looking to dump Faried. You would at least need to add Murray to that. They lose some of the value trying to dump Parsons by taking on Faried and Chandler (who’s on a borderline negative contract maybe nuetral).

Murray Faried 14 for 4 Parsons makes more sense imo.
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#187 » by psimanic1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:54 am

Baller1234a wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

What about:

for

Parsons, #4

That’s a terrible offer. You guys were looking to dump Faried. You would at least need to add Murray to that. They lose some of the value trying to dump Parsons by taking on Faried and Chandler (who’s on a borderline negative contract maybe nuetral).

Murray Faried 14 for 4 Parsons makes more sense imo.

Why is Chanlder negative? He would have one year if he opts in and he can still play but didnt want to be in Denver.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#188 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:16 am

Hawks can offer Dewayne Dedmon for a 2020 first round pick if that is possible or Jevon Carter for Dedmon.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#189 » by VCfor3 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:17 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Hawks can offer Dewayne Dedmon for a 2020 first round pick if that is possible or Jevon Carter for Dedmon.

The Grizz aren't trading any more 1st round picks right now especially since we are about to enter a rebuild. I don't think Carter for Dedmon works financially and I don't see our team doing that anyway until they get a better look at Carter. I think they'll just sign a FA and move on.
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 145

Post#190 » by yoadknux » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Just wondering, what would it take to get Conley to Indiana?
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#191 » by VCfor3 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:58 pm

yoadknux wrote:Just wondering, what would it take to get Conley to Indiana?

Our team falling apart or you waiting till this offseason tbh. I doubt IND would want to give up enough to make it worth it to the Grizz to not convey their pick to Boston this season. Once that pick is given Conley still will be overvalued by the FO but their asking price will get much closer to reasonable.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#192 » by NotACat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:41 pm

Magic fan here, since the grizzlies are trying to win know, would they consider getting Fournier and Jonathan Simmons for Chandler Parsons, Wayne Selden, and a 2nd round pick?
Black Lives Matter
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#193 » by dark-child » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:36 pm

NotACat wrote:Magic fan here, since the grizzlies are trying to win know, would they consider getting Fournier and Jonathan Simmons for Chandler Parsons, Wayne Selden, and a 2nd round pick?

WHERE DO WE SIGN? :D :D :D
NotACat
Veteran

Post#194 » by NotACat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:49 pm

dark-child wrote:
NotACat wrote:Magic fan here, since the grizzlies are trying to win know, would they consider getting Fournier and Jonathan Simmons for Chandler Parsons, Wayne Selden, and a 2nd round pick?

Magic fans have been hammering me for the idea. What if instead of the 2nd rounder, it was Dillon Brooks?
Black Lives Matter
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#195 » by dark-child » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:39 pm

NotACat wrote:
dark-child wrote:

Magic fans have been hammering me for the idea. What if instead of the 2nd rounder, it was Dillon Brooks?

IF Orlando includes Jonathan Isaac instead of Jonathan Simmons?
NotACat
Veteran

Post#196 » by NotACat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:26 pm

dark-child wrote:
NotACat wrote:
dark-child wrote:

IF Orlando includes Jonathan Isaac instead of Jonathan Simmons?

That'd be the fastest nope ever
Black Lives Matter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#197 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Read on Twitter
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#198 » by boogiesdad » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Without a doubt, the Grizz could use a scorer like Melo. However, he is a cancer and can't defend a picket fence. So the risk reward is not worth it. The Grizz need high quality individuals that will buy into the "Grit and Grind" mentality.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#199 » by BarbaGrizz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:00 pm

NotACat wrote:
dark-child wrote:

Add a 2nd or two from the Magic side and you got a deal.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#200 » by BarbaGrizz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:15 pm

yoadknux wrote:Just wondering, what would it take to get Conley to Indiana?

Tyreke (or Collinson and Joseph) + Thaddeus + Sabonis for Conley + JaMychal Green + Wayne Selden works on Trade Checker. Maybe Indiana needs to add a lotto protected 1st or a couple 2nds.

Memphis:
Collinson / Joseph / Mack
Temple / Brooks / Brooks
Anderson / Young / Casspi
JJJ / Sabonis / Young
Gasol / Sabonis

Indiana:
Conley / Holiday
Oladipo / Tyreke
Bojan / McDermott
Green / Leaf
Turner / O'Quinn

That being said, I doubt we trade Conley this season if a disaster don't happen.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today

Return to Memphis Grizzlies