The 2018 Fantasy Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Re: The 2018 Fantasy Thread 

Post#81 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 4, 2018 8:55 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:Question about trading draft picks in Dynasty. Since we have 8 keepers, are we only supposed to trade draft picks in rounds 1-4?

Isn't that all the rounds? I think it is, so yes.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#82 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 4, 2018 9:00 pm

I'd be open to dealing sabonis for a guard in dynasty. Now he's been a top 40 guy this year because he kills it with % so I'm looking for a good player coming back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,291

Post#83 » by sunskerr » Sun Nov 4, 2018 10:08 pm

Coming out of the draft I felt like I had a top two team but I guess you never know until the season actually starts. Such a shame that you can do almost everything right in the draft and end up near the bottom of the league.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#84 » by wheezy » Mon Nov 5, 2018 12:56 am

sunskerr wrote:Coming out of the draft I felt like I had a top two team but I guess you never know until the season actually starts. Such a shame that you can do almost everything right in the draft and end up near the bottom of the league.

I really liked your team after the draft. Seems like Capela and Kyrie have been underperforming, while JJ and Saric have just not been playing nearly as much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#85 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 5, 2018 4:38 am

Well I should take over the lead in FG% and FT% after tonight in premier. Damn my guys were on fire. Too bad Pau Gasol was on my bench in dynasty. I'd probably be doing a little better there without having two of my keepers out, one out for the season.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#86 » by batsmasher » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:27 am

Per game stats for the Premier League and Dynasty League at the moment:

de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#87 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:57 pm

batsmasher wrote:Per game stats for the Premier League and Dynasty League at the moment:

Thanks. I think we need more IL spots in Dynasty. Four of my keepers are injured, 3 with serious injuries....makes keeping up with the games played pretty tough but shouldn't have to drop keepers to do it.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#88 » by Golanator » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:38 pm

batsmasher wrote:Per game stats for the Premier League and Dynasty League at the moment:

Steals and blocks are going to kill me in Dynasty. Sucks being elite everywhere else and those 2 things holding me down :banghead:

Thanks for putting this together batsmasher.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,444

Post#89 » by Stix » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Golanator wrote:

Steals and blocks are going to kill me in Dynasty. Sucks being elite everywhere else and those 2 things holding me down :banghead:

Rodney Hood should help you with that, oh wait nevermind.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#90 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:58 pm

I guess I'm doing a little better than I thought in Dynasty. Good to know.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#91 » by MathiasPW » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:12 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

Thanks. I think we need more IL spots in Dynasty. Four of my keepers are injured, 3 with serious injuries....makes keeping up with the games played pretty tough but shouldn't have to drop keepers to do it.
Talk about it. I've got my 2 IL spots filled and then all my Bench filled with injured players in Premier. And Dynasty had Harden out for a bit, now Love and Portis, who was balling, too.
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#92 » by Golanator » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:36 pm

ZER0 wrote:
Golanator wrote:

Lol Tobias Harris and his *checks stats* 0.5 steals and 0.6 blocks per game would have really made a huge difference.

Can I manage my own team or nah? Last I checked you are in 14th place...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#93 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Talk about it. I've got my 2 IL spots filled and then all my Bench filled with injured players in Premier. And Dynasty had Harden out for a bit, now Love and Portis, who was balling, too.

Yeah, I have Dejounte Murray, Caris LeVert, Will Barton and Westbrook. Basically all my assist and steal guys.
MrMiyagi

Post#94 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Golanator wrote:
ZER0 wrote:
Golanator wrote:

Lol Tobias Harris and his *checks stats* 0.5 steals and 0.6 blocks per game would have really made a huge difference.

If only you had received a player who has averaged 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks for his entire career. Too bad this is a 1 season league and definitely not a yearly league where you have a high degree of roster continuity.

Really screwed the pooch there Golanator. :wink:

:lol:
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
MrMiyagi

Post#95 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:48 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah, I have Dejounte Murray, Caris LeVert, Will Barton and Westbrook. Basically all my assist and steal guys.

Yeah, and I felt bad for my team last year when just Hayward went down for the season. :nonono:

May Boxxy bless you in the seasons to come, BW.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#96 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:58 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:Talk about it. I've got my 2 IL spots filled and then all my Bench filled with injured players in Premier. And Dynasty had Harden out for a bit, now Love and Portis, who was balling, too.

Yeah, and I felt bad for my team last year when just Hayward went down for the season. :nonono:

You can tell I am using big guys in all my utility spots by looking at the cats I am strong in FG%, REB, BLK (and weak in FT%).
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#97 » by wheezy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:40 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

You can tell I am using big guys in all my utility spots by looking at the cats I am strong in FG%, REB, BLK (and weak in FT%).

Never bad to have high %'s though. Especially the higher volume one.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,444

Post#98 » by Stix » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:59 pm

Golanator wrote:
ZER0 wrote:
Golanator wrote:

7th* :wink: Didn't say anything about Harris, but obviously would help you more than an injured Boogie.

*without Porzingis
MrMiyagi

Post#99 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 pm

ZER0 wrote:
Golanator wrote:
ZER0 wrote:

7th* :wink: Didn't say anything about Harris, but obviously would help you more than an injured Boogie.

*without Porzingis

7th with the 2nd most games played. As batmasher's chart shows, your team is inflated in the Yahoo standings because your higher counting stats are a result of out playing the schedule. Come the end of the season, you'll find yourself backsliding in the standings because you'll likely max out your games for each position before the end of the year, and then your leads in counting stats won't mean jack.
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#100 » by Golanator » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:47 pm

ZER0 wrote:
Golanator wrote:
ZER0 wrote:

*without Porzingis

Cool. Either way I didn’t make the trade to win this year obviously. If Boogie is out of the NBA in 3 years I’ll concede to you that you are/were right.

But if he’s on the court he’s putting up numbers.

Excited for him to get back at the end of this year and see where he signs in the offseason.

Return to Phoenix Suns