G League Hires Allison Feaster, Rod Strickland For Professional Path Initative

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

G League Hires Allison Feaster, Rod Strickland For Professional Path Initative 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:34 pm

The NBA G League announced that former WNBA player Allison Feaster will lead its professional path initiative and former NBA player Rod Strickland will serve as the professional path’s program manager. 

Strickland, who played in the NBA for 17 seasons and brings a wealth of collegiate and amateur coaching and administrative experience, will focus on educating elite prospects about the comprehensive components of the NBA G League’s professional path. 

Feaster, who had a successful 10-year playing career in the WNBA, will helm a group tasked with identifying those eligible players and overseeing the implementation of the professional path initiative. She has been serving as head of NBA G League player personnel and coach relations since last year. 

“I’m thrilled to welcome Rod to the NBA G League family and for Allison to assume this important role,” said NBA G League President Malcolm Turner.  “I’m confident that we are positioned to successfully inform elite young players and their families about the NBA G League’s newly-created professional path, which can help them accelerate their NBA ambitions.”

“Mentorship has always been important to me, from guiding younger teammates as a player to working in the collegiate ranks as a coach and administrator,” said Strickland.  “I’m looking forward to talking to the next generation of NBA players about the opportunities they have in the NBA G League.” 

“The NBA G League is filled with talented players working alongside dedicated coaches to achieve their NBA dreams,” said Feaster.  “I’m excited to lead a group that will identify the next wave of elite players who may want to join that pursuit before they’re eligible for the NBA Draft.”

Via RealGM Staff Report

Return to Wiretap Discussion