JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,714

Re: OT - Kareem Hunt messes up his career 

Post#21 » by JBreezeNY » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:46 am

JermaineOYea wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:
JermaineOYea wrote:
Are you serious? Like, are you really serious? You condone putting hands and FEET on a woman?

Do us all a favor and post a link to your social media. Don't hide behind your keyboard and justify the kicking off a woman (or anyone for that matter). Show your face. Own your words.

Disgusting.

What does showing my face or posting my social media have anything to do with me not falling for fake outrage.

She’s a regular ass person not a defenseless baby.

He pushed her and gave a kick apparently because she called him the n word, if that is true I absolutely condone that.

If it isn’t true it’s not right but she had no problem trying to throw her hands at him. Ben Roethlisberger raping women and getting second chances in the nfl.

You understand there's VIDEO evidence here, right? Don't come at me with that Roethlisberger ****. I don't condone rape. I don't even like saying the word, for some women (who have been victims of sexual violence), even the word can cause emotional pain. Don't compare it. I don't give a flying you know what about the NFL, the NBA, the NHL, the WNBA, or whatever league's response to it. When it comes to a man putting his hands on a woman, there are morals involved. There is right, and there is wrong.

I asked you to put your name to your post because you have a mother. Tell her you condone this behavior. I couldn't care less about how any corporate money-driven league handles it. But man to man, if you condone that sh-t, you've got a bigger problem than you realize.

There's no audio to the video, I can't hear her saying the "N" word. Would I condone it if she said it? Hell no. The best guy I ever met in my life was a black guy from Long Island. I'd be damned if I'd let someone call him that. Am I saying she didn't say it? No, I wasn't there. But I can say that I saw this big MAN push and then kick a WOMAN.

Go ask Oscar Robertson how many times he was called the "N" word. Go ask Jackie Robinson. Go ask any African American from that era, or even this era. It'd make us all sick to hear the appalling stories and the tragedies that they've endured. Did they push women? Did they kick them while on the ground?

Get your head right, man. You're dead wrong here.

Words, whether they're said or simply alleged, do not deserve a kicking or a beating. He's a man, and she's a woman. And I'd be damned if I'd ever condone violence to a woman.

Sorry bout ya, bud.

Ok.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,866

Post#22 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:50 am

Greenie wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:The league is quick to drop on these young black men, Kap can’t get a job and Zeke now Hunt. Owners and GMs in the NFL stay racist. Trumps puppets

Where’s the lie though?

All of it? The Giants Kicker got kicked once that news got public. The travesty with the domestic things in football is that when it's not public, teams don't really care. When the whole world knows, then they act shocked and appalled.

Let's not forget Mixon also dropped in the draft for domestic issues and Aaron Hernandez fell to the Patriots due to character issues. Some teams care, others (Redskins) don't.

There will be at least 10 teams trying to pick up Hunt and talking about rehabilitation. The Ravens might have the audacity to peddle out Ray Rice and Ray Lewis to talk about "2nd chances" if it means that the Ravens might win 2 extra games next year.

For the Kap people, last I checked Tebow a playoff proven QB is currently playing major league blurnsball as a gimmick because of similar reasons. Like Kap, he wasn't good enough to outweigh the fanfare and drama he receives.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
JermaineOYea
Senior
And1: 1,177

Post#23 » by JermaineOYea » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:53 am

JBreezeNY wrote:
JermaineOYea wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:What does showing my face or posting my social media have anything to do with me not falling for fake outrage.

She’s a regular ass person not a defenseless baby.

He pushed her and gave a kick apparently because she called him the n word, if that is true I absolutely condone that.

If it isn’t true it’s not right but she had no problem trying to throw her hands at him. Ben Roethlisberger raping women and getting second chances in the nfl.

You understand there's VIDEO evidence here, right? Don't come at me with that Roethlisberger ****. I don't condone rape. I don't even like saying the word, for some women (who have been victims of sexual violence), even the word can cause emotional pain. Don't compare it. I don't give a flying you know what about the NFL, the NBA, the NHL, the WNBA, or whatever league's response to it. When it comes to a man putting his hands on a woman, there are morals involved. There is right, and there is wrong.

I asked you to put your name to your post because you have a mother. Tell her you condone this behavior. I couldn't care less about how any corporate money-driven league handles it. But man to man, if you condone that sh-t, you've got a bigger problem than you realize.

There's no audio to the video, I can't hear her saying the "N" word. Would I condone it if she said it? Hell no. The best guy I ever met in my life was a black guy from Long Island. I'd be damned if I'd let someone call him that. Am I saying she didn't say it? No, I wasn't there. But I can say that I saw this big MAN push and then kick a WOMAN.

Go ask Oscar Robertson how many times he was called the "N" word. Go ask Jackie Robinson. Go ask any African American from that era, or even this era. It'd make us all sick to hear the appalling stories and the tragedies that they've endured. Did they push women? Did they kick them while on the ground?

Get your head right, man. You're dead wrong here.

Words, whether they're said or simply alleged, do not deserve a kicking or a beating. He's a man, and she's a woman. And I'd be damned if I'd ever condone violence to a woman.

Sorry bout ya, bud.

Ok.

Sad. Absolutely sad. You had plenty to say a minute ago.

And I highly doubt you could've even read my post that fast.
BAT 19.0
Milwaukee Bucks

C - W. Cauley-Stein/A. Len
F - P. Siakim/D. Bertans
F - TJ Warren/E. Turner
G - B. Ingram/L. Stephenson
G - K. Walker/DJ Augustin/Y. Ferrell
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,003

Re: Kareem Hunt messes up his career 

Post#24 » by blue and orange » Sat Dec 1, 2018 5:32 am

Did Belichick set up that camera :lol:
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#25 » by J9Starks3 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 12:42 pm

Greenie wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:
Greenie wrote:I wanna know how she got on the floor.

They acting like he Ray Rice’d her...

Not really the same and it’s truly fake as fuq with them trying to save face when this happened damn near a year ago.

He pushes a guy, pushed guy falls into woman who is close by, she falls down.

Later on he walks over and kicks her leg it seems.

From what I saw this wasn’t a lose your career thing IMO. Ray Rice was.

This is mandatory anger management classes and probation from the league.

It’s truly 0 or 100 in the NFL.

Seems he was cut because he lied to the team about what happened, As this was the first time they saw the video too...I don’t see any sort of lifetime ban coming from this but clearly Hunt is in the wrong and they are completely justified in cutting him. I hope he gets the treatment he needs and can turn around his life, but a guy who would kick a woman that he just knocked to the ground I don’t have much hope for.
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,299

Post#26 » by Moose » Sat Dec 1, 2018 12:47 pm

Greenie wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:The league is quick to drop on these young black men, Kap can’t get a job and Zeke now Hunt. Owners and GMs in the NFL stay racist. Trumps puppets

Where’s the lie though?

It's an assumption and a leap. Would you like people to assume things about you?

If you want to call out certain individuals, fine, but there are dozens of owners (some partial.) I can't assume they are racist based on not wanting the headache of a backup quarterback or the annoyance of domestic violence charges in this current time period.

If Big Ben's bullsh*t surfaced today, he would be cut. His piece of sh*t ass just had good timing.

What would you like the league to do? They get destroyed when they don't act, now they get ripped and labeled racist for when they do. Were they racist when it came to Ray Rice? Because they got sh*t on for the initial slap on the wrist. Donte Stallworth killed someone. Mike Vick was responsible for the abuse, torture, and murder of dogs. He got a second chance and made millions.

A lot of things used to come down to talent and money. So players were protected if they could deliver. Today, the atmosphere has changed. But you are saying the NFL, a private organization, is racist for the discipline of players who commit egregious acts against women.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#27 » by hermes » Sat Dec 1, 2018 2:20 pm

this happened in february, and it was reported?

did they do a great job of sweeping this under the rug or did no one care until there was video? because i had no idea this happened until yesterday
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#28 » by Greenie » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:03 pm

Moose wrote:
Greenie wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:Image

Where’s the lie though?

It's an assumption and a leap. Would you like people to assume things about you?

If you want to call out certain individuals, fine, but there are dozens of owners (some partial.) I can't assume they are racist based on not wanting the headache of a backup quarterback or the annoyance of domestic violence charges in this current time period.

If Big Ben's bullsh*t surfaced today, he would be cut. His piece of sh*t ass just had good timing.

What would you like the league to do? They get destroyed when they don't act, now they get ripped and labeled racist for when they do. Were they racist when it came to Ray Rice? Because they got sh*t on for the initial slap on the wrist. Donte Stallworth killed someone. Mike Vick was responsible for the abuse, torture, and murder of dogs. He got a second chance and made millions.

A lot of things used to come down to talent and money. So players were protected if they could deliver. Today, the atmosphere has changed. But you are saying the NFL, a private organization, is racist for the discipline of players who commit egregious acts against women.

They already do. I live in a America as a black female. I see racism and sexism thrown my way everyday.

The NFL as a whole is racist. I said what I said.
The NFL as a whole is sexist. Again, I said what I said.

If they can reach back on Hunt, then they can reach back on Ben too who had TWO rape accusations.

The NFL does what it wants to do. PERIOD
Greenie
RealGM

Post#29 » by Greenie » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:12 pm

hermes wrote:this happened in february, and it was reported?

did they do a great job of sweeping this under the rug or did no one care until there was video? because i had no idea this happened until yesterday

Bingo. They didn’t care.
They didn’t care at all. That’s why they went HAM on this dude when tapes were made PUBLIC. Key word? PUBLIC. Don’t you dare think they didn’t know about that tape. They knew.

Now the punishment is on another level because the tape getting out makes them look like they didn’t care. Which they don’t, they’ll just make an example out of this black dude and move on to cover their ass.

This is why I stopped supporting the NFL. I haven’t watched a single game and I feel great about it.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#30 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 8:11 pm

Greenie wrote:
Moose wrote:
Greenie wrote:Where’s the lie though?

They already do. I live in a America as a black female. I see racism and sexism thrown my way everyday.

If they can reach back on Hunt, then they can reach back on Ben too who had TWO rape accusations.

Many NFL consumers are racist. Plenty of NFL consumers are racist against af-americans or hispanics. People have all different reasons for the flag issues. Just like there are SOME sober people at a given concert, there are non-discriminatory people that disagree with the NFL players protest.

The NFL needs to protect their money. If one person does something that impacts the bottom line then that person is not going to get a legit chance. In the case of Hunt, if the NFL and Chiefs did nothing they would get backlash and lose $ (sponsors, ratings etc).
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Greenie
RealGM

Post#31 » by Greenie » Sat Dec 1, 2018 8:24 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Moose wrote:

Many NFL consumers are racist. Plenty of NFL consumers are racist against af-americans or hispanics. People have all different reasons for the flag issues. Just like there are SOME sober people at a given concert, there are non-discriminatory people that disagree with the NFL players protest.

The NFL needs to protect their money. If one person does something that impacts the bottom line then that person is not going to get a legit chance. In the case of Hunt, if the NFL and Chiefs did nothing they would get backlash and lose $ (sponsors, ratings etc).

It’s not that they punished him.
They were supposed to. There’s always levels to things though.

That video didn’t warrant him being cut. IMO it warrants him be suspended, sent to mandatory anger management class and put on behavior probation.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#32 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 8:35 pm

Greenie wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

It’s not that they punished him.
They were supposed to. There’s always levels to things though.

That video didn’t warrant him being cut. IMO it warrants him be suspended, sent to mandatory anger management class and put on behavior probation.

He got cut because of the charade (I believe). KC was caught with egg on their face because they "investigated" this and didn't see the video. They have to do more then Baltimore did with Ray Rice. Now KC can sit on a high horse and say "we had no idea, that's not what we believe in, we are pro-womens rights, Tyreke Hill is reformed." KC needed to separate themselves from the story to stave off backlash. Fake hustle. Amare defense. Whatever you want to call it. It is a bottom line move. It doesn't help that Foster just was cut after a domestic issue and picked up immediately by the Skins.

The "right answer" is really hard because crime and punishment with the "he served his time" notion is on one scale. Public opinion and optics are the other. A person can be a murder, get incarcerated, get help and be 'reformed'. But unless you personally get to know that individual you may not want have them driving your kid to school.

btw -- I appreciate that you are debating/conversing with actual points!
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Post#33 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Dec 2, 2018 4:25 pm

This seem a bit excessive compared to suspending him for the year. I also agree that the video doesn't make this look any worse than the news story about him shoving and kicking someone, the kick is about as soft as small going to get. So if they were genuine they would have responded earlier.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Post#34 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Dec 2, 2018 5:29 pm

Wiretap: "Chiefs Have Three of ESPN's Top 5 players under 25"

Well... they had
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#35 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Dec 3, 2018 7:30 am

Greenie wrote:

Bingo. They didn’t care.
They didn’t care at all. That’s why they went HAM on this dude when tapes were made PUBLIC. Key word? PUBLIC. Don’t you dare think they didn’t know about that tape. They knew.

Now the punishment is on another level because the tape getting out makes them look like they didn’t care. Which they don’t, they’ll just make an example out of this black dude and move on to cover their ass.

This is why I stopped supporting the NFL. I haven’t watched a single game and I feel great about it.

Wait....so it was the color of his skin, and not the fact that the tape went public that caused this (let's ignore the fact that the guy did in fact kick a woman)?? If we follow your logic that the NFL knew all about this, and knew there was a tape....then why didn't they make it public, and boot the guy months ago?? If they really are racist against blacks, wouldn't that make more sense?

Seems to me that these owners, if anything, care about the color green. Hunt's tape went public, and that was the end of the ride for him. No race involved. You got a tape of big-Ben doing the deed? If you did.....his ride would be over too.

But whatever you do.....don't get mad at the 220 pounds of muscular male who kicked a woman who was on the ground. I'll grant that the guy pulled his kick. And I'll even say good on him for that. He could have done much worse.....but despite his rage, he clearly pulled his kick. But your really gonna call "race" on a guy caught on video in today's climate??
Greenie
RealGM

Post#36 » by Greenie » Mon Dec 3, 2018 3:23 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Bingo. They didn’t care.

Wait....so it was the color of his skin, and not the fact that the tape went public that caused this (let's ignore the fact that the guy did in fact kick a woman)?? If we follow your logic that the NFL knew all about this, and knew there was a tape....then why didn't they make it public, and boot the guy months ago?? If they really are racist against blacks, wouldn't that make more sense?

Seems to me that these owners, if anything, care about the color green. Hunt's tape went public, and that was the end of the ride for him. No race involved. You got a tape of big-Ben doing the deed? If you did.....his ride would be over too.

But whatever you do.....don't get mad at the 220 pounds of muscular male who kicked a woman who was on the ground. I'll grant that the guy pulled his kick. And I'll even say good on him for that. He could have done much worse.....but despite his rage, he clearly pulled his kick. But your really gonna call "race" on a guy caught on video in today's climate??

You damn right. Because if a White boy of Hunts caliber does the same thing he gets suspended not cut.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,005

Post#37 » by Pharmcat » Mon Dec 3, 2018 5:29 pm

why wasnt Hunt charged with at least simple assault for kicking the woman? the incident was over at that time and he cant say self defense as that woman is lying on the ground at that time instead of coming after him?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,567

Post#38 » by JayMKE » Tue Dec 4, 2018 12:41 am

He's getting punished because there is a tape for sure, if Gronk or some other white player did the same on tape it would be the same. No tape, no punishment, Goodell is just a terrible terrible commisioner and only cares when it makes the league look bad in the media. Judging by the way they barely can stand up straight to begin with in the video I think everyone involved was highly inebriated and those women appear particularly ratchet(doesn't excuse it) Just an ugly ugly scene. Michael Vick murdered dogs and was welcomed back with open arms so all the fake outrage wears thin on me too. **** Goodell.
FREE GIANNIS
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,512

Post#39 » by Worm Guts » Tue Dec 4, 2018 2:29 pm

JayMKE wrote:He's getting punished because there is a tape for sure, if Gronk or some other white player did the same on tape it would be the same. No tape, no punishment, Goodell is just a terrible terrible commisioner and only cares when it makes the league look bad in the media. Judging by the way they barely can stand up straight to begin with in the video I think everyone involved was highly inebriated and those women appear particularly ratchet(doesn't excuse it) Just an ugly ugly scene. Michael Vick murdered dogs and was welcomed back with open arms so all the fake outrage wears thin on me too. **** Goodell.

To be fair, the only reason for the NFL to respond at all is PR. I think it's weird we expect justice from the NFL. Why wouldn't we expect teams to have biased reactions to players that help them win games and make money?
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#40 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Guessing it'll be 4-6 games when he appeals?

Return to The General NFL Board