LeBron James Wants Carmelo Anthony On Lakers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

LeBron James Wants Carmelo Anthony On Lakers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 7, 2018 7:26 am

LeBron James and his camp believe that Carmelo Anthony can contribute to the Los Angeles Lakers this season. James also doesn't want to see Anthony's career end in the manner it did with the Houston Rockets.

James also believes Anthony would be a valuable piece for a young Lakers team.

Anthony cannot be traded until December 15th. 

Via Joe Vardon/The Athletic

spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Re: LeBron James Wants Carmelo Anthony On Lakers 

Post#2 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Dec 7, 2018 8:21 am

Lebron just can't help himself. Lol
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#3 » by Simmons25 » Fri Dec 7, 2018 8:50 am

LOL Damn. Lebron knows he is surrounded by trash but this is a desperation move if ever I've seen one.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,532

Post#4 » by Furinkazan » Fri Dec 7, 2018 9:46 am

that didnt take long
LeGM is back
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#5 » by whoknows » Fri Dec 7, 2018 11:59 am

who said that a great athlete also needs to have great intelligence?
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#6 » by br7knicks » Fri Dec 7, 2018 12:16 pm

How is Cleveland liking that Thompson contract LeBron demanded?
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#7 » by WargamesX » Fri Dec 7, 2018 1:33 pm

Simmons25 wrote:LOL Damn. Lebron knows he is surrounded by trash but this is a desperation move if ever I've seen one.

Or the part about him not wanting Melo's career to end this way is the truth and he is looking out for a friend.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#8 » by Simmons25 » Fri Dec 7, 2018 2:27 pm

Furinkazan wrote:that didnt take long
LeGM is back

He's been the GM since Day 1. No way in the world Lavar Ball just decided to stop opening his mouth this year.... didn't do it when Magic was GM. A s soon as Lebron joined as player/gm Lavar went missing.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#9 » by The_Hater » Fri Dec 7, 2018 2:34 pm

I was thinking just yesterday, the Lakers could use another ball dominant player on their roster....
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,147

Post#10 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Dec 7, 2018 2:40 pm

Here we go again

Magic: Can you trade this bum please
Bring back Defense
bqmuzik
Junior
And1: 62

Post#11 » by bqmuzik » Fri Dec 7, 2018 2:51 pm

This keeps getting better and better lol
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#12 » by luss54321 » Fri Dec 7, 2018 2:52 pm

Real talk. The Lakers might be the worst team in the NBA without Lebron. That roster is straight trash. They desperately need talent and Lebron realizes that. At a certain point you can start talking about "fit" and "needs" but the Lakers just need some guys who can ball right now.

Lonzo Ball - PER 11.2
Brandon Ingram - PER 11.6

Those are the players this team is supposed to be built around.
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#13 » by Durant Durant » Fri Dec 7, 2018 2:57 pm

here we go again...

he doesn't realize that Melo is another alpha with an attitude.
No no yes yes
GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Post#14 » by GameBredAPBT » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:30 pm

James is such an unlikeable dude.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#15 » by MegaK » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:32 pm

i been waiting for this to happen for years. Get ready for the most deadly one two punch in NBA history. Lebron + Melo = Unstoppable. Those guys have next level chemistry that will translate to wins right away. If this happens, showtime will be back ! Plus you can count a big free agent signing next year as well.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#16 » by The_Hater » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:54 pm

GameBredAPBT wrote:James is such an unlikeable dude.

For some people he is. But I would argue that those people are capable of spinning everything he says or does into a negative to fit their preconceived opinion about him.

In reality, he’s avoided any and all off the court controversies, no drugs, no affairs and he’s extremely charitable with both his money and time. On the court he wins a lot, and some people will always hate that in a player and look to knock him down a few pegs.

In the case of Melo, this is one of his best friends and his career as clearly at a crossroads. Bron seems to want to help him out. That’s another example of people spinning a positive attribute (loyalty) into a negative.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#17 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:55 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:LOL Damn. Lebron knows he is surrounded by trash but this is a desperation move if ever I've seen one.

Or the part about him not wanting Melo's career to end this way is the truth and he is looking out for a friend.

That's the way I see it. Plus, he needs someone he can relate to. Those young guys are in awe of him, Melo is going to shoot no matter what LBJ says.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#18 » by SHFT » Fri Dec 7, 2018 4:03 pm

MegaK wrote:i been waiting for this to happen for years. Get ready for the most deadly one two punch in NBA history. Lebron + Melo = Unstoppable. Those guys have next level chemistry that will translate to wins right away. If this happens, showtime will be back ! Plus you can count a big free agent signing next year as well.

LOL.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Post#19 » by GameBredAPBT » Fri Dec 7, 2018 4:08 pm

The_Hater wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:James is such an unlikeable dude.

For some people he is. But I would argue that those people are capable of spinning everything he says or does into a negative to fit their preconceived opinion about him.

In reality, he’s avoided any and all off the court controversies, no drugs, no affairs and he’s extremely charitable with both his money and time. On the court he wins a lot, and some people will always hate that in a player and look to knock him down a few pegs.

In the case of Melo, this is one of his best friends and his career as clearly at a crossroads. Bron seems to want to help him out. That’s another example of people spinning a positive attribute (loyalty) into a negative.

I just can't stand millennials period. Cringe crowd.

On the court, he's whatever. Obviously great, but boring to watch play (for me). His demeanor on the court is just cringeworthy imo. Also, going to the Lakers of all teams was the weirdest career move ever. Literally does nothing for his legacy.

Carmelo Anthony sucks. He was never a great player. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone thinks he was. Seeing him in the headlines is embarrassing.

I could care less about players personal lives/relationships with one another. Shut up & play the game. Anthony needs to retire or whatever, no one wants to watch him play & the fact that this story is even being reported is mind boggling
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#20 » by Hoopzilla » Fri Dec 7, 2018 4:12 pm

Magic needs to man up and deny this request. Melo is not needed on this roster, they have plenty of talent on the wings. Melo has been a huge net negative on the last two teams he played on. Lebron just feels sorry for his buddy and wants to let Melo save face and end his career on a roster. I hope Magic grows a backbone on this issue. With that being said, I can see a straight up Beasley for Melo trade happening. Hopefully Melo only gets Beasley's 7 minutes of court time or the Lakers will be worse off.

Melo is not a good mentor for the young kids in any way, Lebron is blowing smoke here. Melo approaches the game in a very selfish manner. Melo has not taken care of his body, he looks old, stiff and worn out. He has no playoff experience to share or bring to the table. If you want to see what Melo will do with young players, look at what he did in New York. Melo didn't like the triangle offense and tried to get the young players to stop listening to the coach, Jeff Hornacek. Melo was showing them if you don't like what the coach is selling, have a temper tantrum and sabotage the team. Lebron somehow wants us to believe a guy like this would somehow benefit the young players. :crazy:

I hope Magic saw the dumpster fire in Cleveland last year and uses that as an argument for Lebron to shut up and play basketball and let Magic do his job. Lebron making roster decisions is not a good look for long term success. History proves this quite easily. Lebron runs away from the situation he creates every few years and starts fresh. Magic needs to save LeBron from himself.

Return to Wiretap Discussion