ImageImageImageImageImage

John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Re: John Wall Appreciation Thread - Part III 

Post#1501 » by pcbothwel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Steve Francis, Baron Davis, Stephon Marbury, Deron Williams... Top 5 picks, bigger PG's, Leadership/health issues, big contracts.

Doesnt look good post 29/30 y/o.
Unless a big offer comes up for Wall ... move Oubre, Morris, and Rivers for expiring filler & small assets while getting under tax. \
- Sign Lawson, play Brown.

This summer, You will see a huge Sellers market and would be the best time to move any of our max contracts, but specifically Wall.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,044

Post#1502 » by queridiculo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:00 pm

nate33 wrote:I think one of the main problems for the Wizards is that we have two guys like that, and we've had them too long, and the team has developed an atmosphere where it's tolerated. As fans, we all love Sato just because he works hard out there and is willing to scrap and claw for every loose ball. Frankly, EVERYONE should be doing that. How good could Morris be if he flew around the court like Sato?

We either have to accept that Wall is lazy and/or stubborn, lacks self awareness and is un-coachable, or conclude that our coaches are unwilling and/or unable to get through to him.

What else is there?

Edit:

I meant to include injuries, but my disappointment with how he's playing may have played a role in omitting it.

Reflects rather poorly on Brooks if he left John out there that long despite barely being able to move due to injury.
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#1503 » by Eli Babak » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:06 pm

Eli Babak wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:Team USA had John doing off ball cuts....

Great, but you know Brooks will not have the balls to tell him to do so. Pop on the other hand is a God and players respect him. I'm not saying players don't like Brooks but it's obvious that he is no guru. Well, hopefully John learns a thing or two from Pop and we see more efficient & healthy Wall this year!

This is from July 28th. I still remember Brooks begging his players to play harder etc. He's not the right coach for this team.

Man, what a frustrating situation. Ernie's going nowhere and Wall's not gonna change his habits here. Maybe we should focus on Capital City Go-Go!
queridiculo
RealGM

Post#1504 » by queridiculo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:26 pm

The most frustrating thing about this, why on earth did the Wizards go out of their way to sign this super max extension in the first place? I love John Wall, I think he's done great things for the Wizards, but at no point did he demonstrate that he was a super max player.

Washington had a full two seasons left to make a decision, I can only assume they wilted under his agents pressure because this extension made absolutely zero sense at the time.
Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 160

Post#1505 » by Wiz99 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:49 am

pcbothwel wrote:Steve Francis, Baron Davis, Stephon Marbury, Deron Williams... Top 5 picks, bigger PG's, Leadership/health issues, big contracts.

Good list. I’d add Kevin Johnson, as a more positive comparison, as he almost won a title (when Suns paired him with Barkley). Also a multi-time All Star with health issues, couple seasons where his production dropped precipitously but jumped back the next year.
Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 160

Post#1506 » by Wiz99 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:52 am

Eli Babak wrote:Maybe we should focus on Capital City Go-Go!

Mystics. Delle Donne is a killer.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1507 » by Wizardspride » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#1508 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:50 pm

First they love you, then they hate you, then they love you again!
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#1509 » by truwizfan4evr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

could you imagine if John Wall played at this level every night? We would be an elite team in the east easily.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#1510 » by CobraCommander » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:56 am

truwizfan4evr wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

could you imagine if John Wall played at this level every night? We would be an elite team in the east easily.

Riddle me this....if wall was making 15mil a year and beal was the primary or our best guy on the team, would the wiz be any better?

If the answer is no...next year we gonna be a lottery team fo sho
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#1511 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:38 pm

How dare we get mad at Wall, when he is clearly doing what we all want. We give up watching games, and hope they lose, so EG is fired. Wall knows what he is doing, and he is doing exactly what we are. He wants Brooks and EG gone, and this is the only way it will happen.

Start fresh, get us a new GM, and coach, and lets run it back. Until then we're all in the same boat, **** THIS ****!
queridiculo
RealGM

Post#1512 » by queridiculo » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:37 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:How dare we get mad at Wall, when he is clearly doing what we all want. We give up watching games, and hope they lose, so EG is fired. Wall knows what he is doing, and he is doing exactly what we are. He wants Brooks and EG gone, and this is the only way it will happen.

Start fresh, get us a new GM, and coach, and lets run it back. Until then we're all in the same boat, **** THIS ****!

Too bad he's about half a decade too late with that attempt :lol:
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#1513 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:35 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:How dare we get mad at Wall, when he is clearly doing what we all want. We give up watching games, and hope they lose, so EG is fired. Wall knows what he is doing, and he is doing exactly what we are. He wants Brooks and EG gone, and this is the only way it will happen.

Play hard in DC for the home fans. Drive the tank on the road. We aren't making the playoffs. We finish this year with 35 wins, tops. Actually, closer to 30. That misses Ted's goal of 50 wins by A LOT.

Sounds great to me.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#1514 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:48 pm

queridiculo wrote:

Too bad he's about half a decade too late with that attempt :lol:

John was young and naive ,he actually thought he had a chance to do big things with the Wizards.

If he had grown up as a Wizards fan or was familiar with the culture of the franchise, he would have demanded a trade on draft day like Eli Manning did :lol:
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#1515 » by truwizfan4evr » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:45 pm

John wall holds talent back like beal and porter and make it all about himself. Watch him get jealous next game and take 26 shots to try to out due Beal performance.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#1516 » by WallToWall » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:16 am

Seriously guys, what is wrong with Wall?

I cant see how he goes from a good game to a dreadful game to DNP to awesome. Its hard to predict which Wall will show up from game to game.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#1517 » by CobraCommander » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:27 am

Is Wall sitting on the bench during home games? Real question does he? Also regardless of if Wall does, do you think the franchise’s “leader” should sit on the bench if he can?
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,969

Post#1518 » by DCZards » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:42 am

CobraCommander wrote:Is Wall sitting on the bench during home games? Real question does he? Also regardless of if Wall does, do you think the franchise’s “leader” should sit on the bench if he can?

Yes, Wall was on the bench during home games prior to his surgery a few days ago. He was reportedly in the lockerroom today riding a scooter. I'm sure Wall will be back on the bench again once his foot allows.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#1519 » by CobraCommander » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:02 am

DCZards wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Is Wall sitting on the bench during home games? Real question does he? Also regardless of if Wall does, do you think the franchise’s “leader” should sit on the bench if he can?

Yes, Wall was on the bench during home games prior to his surgery a few days ago. He was reportedly in the lockerroom today riding a scooter. I'm sure Wall will be back on the bench again once his foot allows.

Thanks...i do consider that leadership...and if its not required it SHOULD Be....if you getting paid you gotta come to work..even if the new work is cheerleader.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1520 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries

Return to Washington Wizards