ImageImageImage

OT Sports, NFL, MMA, MLB, or any other sports

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,163

Re: OT - AZ Cardinals or other NFL 

Post#461 » by Revived » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:04 am

Both the Chargers and the Chiefs may be down to their 3rd string RB for this TNF game though with Gordon, Hunt, Ware and Ekeler all reportedly likely to be out.
Revived
RealGM

Post#462 » by Revived » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:07 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is somewhat encouraging though.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#463 » by matt131 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Having Gordon against the Chiefs would be so nice. We could control the clock and let him go beast mode all over their terrible run defense. Jackson might do pretty darn well though if Gordon and Eckler are out. Sucks to be short handed. A win could legitimately set us up for a possible first place finish in the conference. I wish the Ravens could have pulled a win out last weekend, but I think Seattle will give the Chiefs major problems, If Chargers win out and the Chiefs lose to the Seahawks, the playoffs will go through our soccer stadium lol

That stupid denver loss could really come back to bite us. If we were 11-2 right now, we'd control our own destiny...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,384

Post#464 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:24 pm

matt131 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Having Gordon against the Chiefs would be so nice. We could control the clock and let him go beast mode all over their terrible run defense. Jackson might do pretty darn well though if Gordon and Eckler are out. Sucks to be short handed. A win could legitimately set us up for a possible first place finish in the conference. I wish the Ravens could have pulled a win out last weekend, but I think Seattle will give the Chiefs major problems, If Chargers win out and the Chiefs lose to the Seahawks, the playoffs will go through our soccer stadium lol

That stupid denver loss could really come back to bite us. If we were 11-2 right now, we'd control our own destiny...

Oh, I didn't realize the Chiefs still played Seattle. Yeah, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks always play really tough down the stretch and they play the Chiefs at home. Unfortunately Seattle plays much tougher with their backs against the wall and they have a 2 game lead in the WC race.

Of course if the Seahawks and Chargers beat the Chiefs, the Chargers will probably lose their last game at Denver on the last play of the game.

And the Ravens won't be a pushover, even if Flacco doesn't play. Jackson got injured too but I guess they both have a couple weeks to get healthy. Actually it sounds like Flacco will be back or at least active this coming week.
Revived
RealGM

Post#465 » by Revived » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#466 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:24 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think Justin Jackson is legit. He has looked good every time he gets the ball. I think Chargers finally need to incorporate some trick plays too, but not sure if that's Anthony Lynn style.
Revived
RealGM

Post#467 » by Revived » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 pm

Read on Twitter

This is pretty awesome. So much is made of how other athletes, such as LeBron, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on recovery to stay durable while Rivers doesn’t really do any of that.

I guess when you have 9 children with a 10th on the way, you need to save every dime for that!
Mischa
Junior
And1: 169

Post#468 » by Mischa » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Going hard with a new lease on life!
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,204

Post#469 » by King4Day » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 pm

I don't see a non-football related OT thread so just posting this here:

Forgot about this
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#470 » by matt131 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:56 pm

Damn Gordon is ruled out tonight. Hopefully Justin Jackson does a servicable job as his replacement, but I think this game would be entirely different if Gordon were fully healthy. We'd be able to run all over them and control the clock.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#471 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:56 am

matt131 wrote:Damn Gordon is ruled out tonight. Hopefully Justin Jackson does a servicable job as his replacement, but I think this game would be entirely different if Gordon were fully healthy. We'd be able to run all over them and control the clock.

I expect Justin Jackson to have a big game tonight.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#472 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:06 am

Damn, I hadn't seen this highlight....not sure I've seen a no look pass in football before...at least not a good one on purpose..

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#473 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:35 am

Damn, Mahomes is phenomenal. Chargers would have had any other team stopped on both of those last 3rd downs. Rivers can't be turning it over against this team.
Revived
RealGM

Post#474 » by Revived » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:44 am

bwgood77 wrote:Damn, Mahomes is phenomenal. Chargers would have had any other team stopped on both of those last 3rd downs. Rivers can't be turning it over against this team.

Rivers turns into JaMarcus Russel against Andy Reid. I think years from now after both Rivers and Reid have retired, they will have a story about how and why Rivers always felt so intimidated vs Reid. Maybe he's scared that Reid will eat him or something.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#475 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:45 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:This might be my best sports night of the year....though it could be very bad too...but my NFL team with the 2nd best record in conference plays the team with the best record in the conference...and it could end up meaning the difference to #1 seed and home field advantage throughout playoffs or a 5 seed and road matchups every game in playoffs (since they are in same division) if you can keep advancing. Of course their 5x pro bowl CB is coming back for the first time in over a year and Chargers top 2 RBs are out....so it makes it tougher.

Certainly not off to a good start there.

No, you can't turn it over and I can't believe how good Mahomes is. This is the type of game we needed really good game planning and maybe even some trick plays and stuff. But haven't seen a trick play by the Chargers in forever.
Revived
RealGM

Post#476 » by Revived » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:50 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:This might be my best sports night of the year....though it could be very bad too...but my NFL team with the 2nd best record in conference plays the team with the best record in the conference...and it could end up meaning the difference to #1 seed and home field advantage throughout playoffs or a 5 seed and road matchups every game in playoffs (since they are in same division) if you can keep advancing. Of course their 5x pro bowl CB is coming back for the first time in over a year and Chargers top 2 RBs are out....so it makes it tougher.

Certainly not off to a good start there.

No, you can't turn it over and I can't believe how good Mahomes is. This is the type of game we needed really good game planning and maybe even some trick plays and stuff. But haven't seen a trick play by the Chargers in forever.

Mahomes is the league MVP and this is barely his first season starting at 23 years of age.

Chiefs defense and specifically the secondary is among the very worst in the league and the offense can't even get it going. So frustrating.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#477 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:56 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Certainly not off to a good start there.

Mahomes is the league MVP and this is barely his first season starting at 23 years of age.

Chiefs defense and specifically the secondary is among the very worst in the league and the offense can't even get it going. So frustrating.

You'd think Rivers would be pumped up, but he does need time. He should start games by just hitting Allen on short passes and then only when he has a lot of time, air it out. That early long pass was terrible...he can't under throw guys who are ahead. Luckily after this game they have 10 days to prepare for the Ravens.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#478 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:59 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Certainly not off to a good start there.

Even that pass just now, underthrown...could have been intercepted too, but also if thrown a few yards further could have been a td.
Revived
RealGM

Post#479 » by Revived » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:14 am

Patrick Mahomes reminds me of Steph Curry from that season in which the Warriors set the record for best reg season record ever. I remember thinking how nobody can guard Curry that season and it was actually an impossible feat to do.

I feel the same way about Mahomes.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#480 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:20 am

Revived wrote:Patrick Mahomes reminds me of Steph Curry from that season in which the Warriors set the record for best reg season record ever. I remember thinking how nobody can guard Curry that season and it was actually an impossible feat to do.

I feel the same way about Mahomes.

Yeah, I have been watching the NFL for a VERY long time...and I honestly don't think I've ever seen a QB more impressive. I guess I'd most compare him to Elway but I think he's better.

Glad we got a stop though. It's amazing how many times we have to start inside the 5 yard line and we can never pin other teams down like that. We must have the worst special teams in the league.

But the good thing is, this rookie kicker was money last week even breaking the team record for longest FG.

Return to Phoenix Suns